The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2513 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: Transgender Rights
PostPosted: Wed December 21, 2016 2:16 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

BurtReynolds wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
B wrote:
http://www.witn.com/content/news/COOPER--House-Bill-2-could-be-repealed-tomorrow-407448145.html

They're saying House Bill 2 is going to be repealed tomorrow, but I'll believe it when I see it.

PEARL JAM PLEASE PLAY RALEIGH

Now they will boycott them for voting Trump.

This is the most lying, conniving group of politicians I've ever seen. They're going to do something like repeal it, and then pass an even more draconian law. Then they're going to go on the news and say, "Anyone who thought we'd do something else is a stupid liberal. The Democrats once did this in 1832, so we just assumed that's how the game is played."

That's exactly what Dallas Woodhouse did after stripping the incoming governor of power. They all went on the news and pointed to when the Democrats did it to a Republican governor in the 80s. Chuck Todd even asked, "so are you saying that, in this case, two wrongs DO make a right." Woodhouse acted like the question was stupid.

PostPosted: Wed December 21, 2016 9:25 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Now they're talking about repealing HB2 and passing a law that forbids towns and counties from making any laws with regard to employment or access.

PostPosted: Wed December 21, 2016 9:45 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

B wrote:
Now they're talking about repealing HB2 and passing a law that forbids towns and counties from making any laws with regard to employment or access.

Outside of this particular context, that seems reasonable doesn't it? I think that's all federal level business (civil/constitutional rights).

PostPosted: Thu December 22, 2016 2:20 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Bi_3 wrote:
B wrote:

Outside of this particular context, that seems reasonable doesn't it? I think that's all federal level business (civil/constitutional rights).

You don't think I city has a right to protect individuals from discrimination when the state fails to do so? A city can't have a higher minimum wage than the state?

It's all moot. HB2 stands. No repeal.

PostPosted: Thu December 22, 2016 4:00 pm 
Site Admin

B wrote:
That was a key part to HB2 to begin with. I fucking hate state preemption.

PostPosted: Fri December 23, 2016 2:54 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

B wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
B wrote:

You don't think I city has a right to protect individuals from discrimination when the state fails to do so? A city can't have a higher minimum wage than the state?

It's all moot. HB2 stands. No repeal.

I am not sure. I thought civil rights matters are the domain of the federal government. Employment laws, like wages, is more like contract law and can be handled at any level. Maybe GH can clarify that one.

PostPosted: Fri December 23, 2016 8:12 pm 
Site Admin

Bi_3 wrote:
I am not sure. I thought civil rights matters are the domain of the federal government. Employment laws, like wages, is more like contract law and can be handled at any level. Maybe GH can clarify that one.
Any law, be it civil rights or wages, are only the domain of the federal government if they've created a law to give them that power. That doesn't currently exist for sexual orientation/identity, hence the void that's helped to create this mess in NC. If nothing exists, the states are next in line, and then governments within the state. Now, generally speaking, I'm not a fan of laws that encompass large geographic areas, be it the feds overrunning the states or the states overrunning local governments. In some cases, it's needed, but those should be few and far between. What drives me batty are those that are OK with one of these overrunnings but not the other.

PostPosted: Fri December 23, 2016 9:24 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

These moves by the General Assembly drive me batty. They pass a law to block progressive communities in NC from doing something and claim that they progressive community was hurting business. Meanwhile, where is NC growing? Where is all the money? Durham, Raleigh, Charlotte, Asheville, Greensboro ... all the progressive communities. Their bullshit is totally transparent.

If you don't like that Charlotte protects transgender individuals, then don't go to Charlotte. Just sit in Shittsville County and watch your community die b/c no one wants to live in the 1850s.

PostPosted: Fri December 23, 2016 11:02 pm 
Polluted

Disclosure: I haven't read this or done any fact checking, but the headline did grab me...

PostPosted: Fri February 24, 2017 3:47 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Welcome to the shitty North Carolina backwoods, America!

PostPosted: Sun February 26, 2017 12:06 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Not sure what to think here:

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/northeast-tarrant/article135021414.html

Standard Texas asshattrey or something more complicated...

PostPosted: Mon February 27, 2017 6:13 pm 
Future Drummer

Bi_3 wrote:
Not sure what to think here:

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/northeast-tarrant/article135021414.html

Standard Texas asshattrey or something more complicated...

Pure asshattery.

I do however think that school sports should be unisex and that varsity level sport should be done away with. We don't segregate classes by sex, we shouldn't for sport either. I am sure there are more than enough private organizations that would be willing and happy to take over sport at the varsity/uber-competitive level.

PostPosted: Mon February 27, 2017 7:55 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

surfndestroy wrote:
I do however think that school sports should be unisex

I'd think this would be wildly unfair to girls.

And that story is mind-boggling, surely that kid should've been disqualified from competing.

PostPosted: Mon February 27, 2017 7:59 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Birds in Hell wrote:
surfndestroy wrote:

And that story is mind-boggling, surely that kid should've been disqualified from competing.

Don't call him Shirley.

PostPosted: Mon February 27, 2017 7:59 pm 

evenslow wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
surfndestroy wrote:

Don't call him Shirley.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu March 02, 2017 11:08 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Why in the fuck wouldn't you segregate sports by sex?

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri March 03, 2017 1:18 am 

Birds in Hell wrote:
surfndestroy wrote:

Progressives are constantly claiming that there is no difference between girls and boys. What's the problem?

PostPosted: Wed March 08, 2017 4:37 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

BurtReynolds wrote:
hey i'm your side. I too want women to stop being afraid of penises. I'm sending literal mountains of dick pics in an attempt to desensitize them.

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Wed March 08, 2017 6:06 pm 
Future Drummer

Went to Austin's newest Alamo Drafthouse and they have a new gender neutral bathroom set up. Communal sinks, one set of communal urinals and about 12-15 private stalls. The thought of never having to poop next to someone else is pretty great.

PostPosted: Thu March 30, 2017 11:04 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

This HB 2 Repeal Is Bullshit and Roy Cooper Is Selling Us Out

http://www.indyweek.com/news/archives/2 ... ing-us-out

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2513 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 126  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate