The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1924 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 97  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 46th POTUS - Joseph R. Biden, Jr.
PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2022 2:11 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

I feel like Piggy in Lord of the Flies today! Pleading for some semblance of reason from you brutes!

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2022 2:14 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

The funny thing about this is that it’ll just drive house prices up even more.

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2022 2:19 am 
Looks Like a Cat

I haven't really taken a look at the proposal, so forgive me if this is a stupid question, but would this affect new student loans? I wonder if there's a whole new generation of future college grads taking out loans expecting another Biden to forgive them at some point.

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2022 2:20 am 
The Master

Remember when Burt couldn’t stop talking about his stimmies?

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2022 2:27 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

spike wrote:
Remember when Burt couldn’t stop talking about his stimmies?

Did you think I was being sarcastic?

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2022 2:27 am 

I love these bourgeois white liberals of RM laughing off the question as absurd.

"Hey poorcuck, sorry you are almost certainly doomed to making a million less over the span of your life, but take solace in the fact that people almost certainly born in better conditions than you and who made irresponsible decisions will be bailed out. On the bright side, they will probably exploit you a bit less as your boss. So really you will be better off when you think about it."

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2022 2:29 am 

btw I have a student loan from when I was 18 and have never paid a dime on it. Once every few years a collection agency tries to collect. I laugh.

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2022 2:32 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2022 2:35 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

BurtReynolds wrote:
What do people that didn't go to school or paid for it get?

Oh let me guess, a better society to live in, right?

Nothing. Nothing this time, because this is only one policy to help one struggling group of people.

I don't get shit out of subsidized daycare, work retraining programs, or paid maternity leave, but that doesn't make them shit goals. They're good for people. They're good for the economy. They're good for the businesses these people will be able to support.

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2022 2:39 am 

B wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Nothing. Nothing this time, because this is only one policy to help one struggling group of people.

I don't get shit out of subsidized daycare, work retraining programs, or paid maternity leave, but that doesn't make them shit goals. They're good for people. They're good for the economy. They're good for the businesses these people will be able to support.

You are a good doggie. I'm happy you are willing to sacrifice yourself for the good of people in a better situation than you. You will be remembered in heaven. God will not forget.

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2022 2:41 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

B wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Those programs are ostensibly about increasing workforce participation. This has no relation to workforce participation.

The only argument for canceling student loans vs. other debt is that college is some sort of magical good that makes you a better person/ citizen.

If we're doing this, why not a general debt jubilee?

Can we just re-visit Duke Energy so we don't need five figure investments when a cheap test would be almost as good.

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2022 2:45 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

BurtReynolds wrote:
B wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

You are a good doggie. I'm happy you are willing to sacrifice yourself for the good of people in a better situation than you. You will be remembered in heaven. God will not forget.

B might be the median beneficiary of this proposal, depending on his particulars.

Is this program so beloved because free college is one of those things Europe has and so we should too? Woulda thought Biden would push high speed rail before this.

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2022 2:50 am 

These things don't just happen in a vacuum. Giving people a free or massively discounted education gives them a huge advantage over people who don't get that. You can't just handwave that away. Although it is weird to hear the "rising tide lifts all boats" argument now.

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2022 3:34 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

BurtReynolds wrote:
These things don't just happen in a vacuum. Giving people a free or massively discounted education gives them a huge advantage over people who don't get that. You can't just handwave that away. Although it is weird to hear the "rising tide lifts all boats" argument now.

They looked at their voter demographics and decided now was the time to bring back the spoils system.

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2022 4:09 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

BurtReynolds wrote:
Giving people a free or massively discounted education gives them a huge advantage over people who don't get that.

Sigh. Ok. Fine. We’ll make you a deal.

You give Democrats student loan forgiveness, and in exchange we will agree to increase child care and housing subsidies for working class Americans left out of this American dream. Only because of you, though. Only doing this because you stood up.

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2022 4:22 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Anyways, I’m sure the real heroes of the class war are the people who oppose literally any effort to pull workers out of the endless debt prison, but it’s not really my problem. My student loans have been paid off for years, because my wife can cast level 10 personal finance spells. I don’t ask questions, I just reward her with sex and tiresome Star Trek opinions

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2022 4:35 am 

McParadigm wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Giving people a free or massively discounted education gives them a huge advantage over people who don't get that.

Sigh. Ok. Fine. We’ll make you a deal.

You give Democrats student loan forgiveness, and in exchange we will agree to increase child care and housing subsidies for working class Americans left out of this American dream. Only because of you, though. Only doing this because you stood up.

A stimmy check for the equivalent of a university education will be fine, thanks.

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2022 4:57 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Offer expired

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2022 7:49 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Maybe there's a way to incentivize people doing jobs nobody else wants to do...

And more opportunities for people to ask: "Is that success?" in their daily lives.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 11:57 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

simple schoolboy wrote:

B might be the median beneficiary of this proposal, depending on his particulars.

My wife and I do not have college debt, nor do we anticipate our children having any, if that's your implication.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1924 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 97  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate