The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1924 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 97  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 46th POTUS - Joseph R. Biden, Jr.
PostPosted: Tue January 24, 2023 6:32 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

mother said it was ok

PostPosted: Tue January 24, 2023 6:51 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

This is like that time Eliot Spitzer resigned as Governor of NY when it was revealed that he had hired a sex worker, and the first thing the new replacement governor does is hold a press conference to admit that he had also cheated on his wife. Everyone is searching for and admitting to having classified documents lying around before it gets found out some worse way.

PostPosted: Tue January 24, 2023 9:13 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Electromatic wrote:
B wrote:
I don't think Trump having the documents is enough to prosecute him for a crime. But I also don't think he just had those things laying around and forgot about them. He had them for a reason. He was asked to return them and refused. I hope the special investigation is able to turn up something about what he was actually doing with all those papers.

Trump’s MO is to fight. You could say throw out that garbage and he’d say go get a warrant. That doesn’t mean necessarily keeping it was nefarious.

I forgot about this. He may not have had a reason for having them, but as soon as the government wants them back, he refuses because "fuck you."

PostPosted: Wed January 25, 2023 1:45 pm 
Rank This Poster

B wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
B wrote:
I don't think Trump having the documents is enough to prosecute him for a crime. But I also don't think he just had those things laying around and forgot about them. He had them for a reason. He was asked to return them and refused. I hope the special investigation is able to turn up something about what he was actually doing with all those papers.

Trump’s MO is to fight. You could say throw out that garbage and he’d say go get a warrant. That doesn’t mean necessarily keeping it was nefarious.

I forgot about this. He may not have had a reason for having them, but as soon as the government wants them back, he refuses because "fuck you."

Exactly, that’s just who he is. I’m abundantly confident that going through boxes of records at virtually any government officials home who had clearance will likely reveal that they have stored classified materials they ought not to have stored.

We do classify an awful lot of material much of which might not even be necessary to classify, but investigators can’t tell the public what they have or why.

This is somewhat similar to the Clinton home email server. It’s a potentially serious issue but probably extremely common. All of these people work from everywhere. People higher up have less oversight than they should because they’re powerful people and they are allowed to demand less oversight. Are they corrupt and selling/sharing classified information? maybe. Or it’s just in a box of their stuff from the office that got moved because there’s so much classified information there aren’t enough qualified staffers to keep track of who has what and where it is.

Lawyers are finding this information because they’re they are the ones digging and actually reading. (It’s worrisome whom else is digging)

It’s obviously a bad thing that we have been so lax with classified information, I just think it’s so widespread I don’t buy the “gotcha” stories about it.

Anyone serving on the Defense or Intelligence committees for instance almost certainly has classified documents with them in their offices and it moves with them when they change offices or go home.

The higher up the person, the less information security…. All I’m saying really I guess. It’s the wrong way to operate since what they have is the most sensitive but powerful people are allowed to operate with impunity.

PostPosted: Wed January 25, 2023 2:33 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

In light of all this, I, too, had my attorneys search my things and there are, in fact, about a dozen highly classified documents at my home in Boston. Will be working to turn over to the FBI.

PostPosted: Mon February 06, 2023 10:43 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

PostPosted: Tue February 07, 2023 5:28 am 
mXn

Lol nearly everyone on this website voted for Biden and Harris.

PostPosted: Tue February 07, 2023 5:58 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Bammer wrote:

In the primaries maybe 1 RMer voted for Harris. VP choice generally does not decide ticket vote (outside of Palin for those that would probably be never Trumpers anyhow). This weird palace intrigue with Biden's documents and shitting all over Harris smells like Clintonian machinations, but who knows.

Are the decision makers in the Democratic party really not in agreement on their strategy for 2024? C'mon guys, you are supposed to be better than the R's at this.

PostPosted: Tue February 07, 2023 1:05 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

simple schoolboy wrote:
Bammer wrote:

In the primaries maybe 1 RMer voted for Harris. VP choice generally does not decide ticket vote (outside of Palin for those that would probably be never Trumpers anyhow). This weird palace intrigue with Biden's documents and shitting all over Harris smells like Clintonian machinations, but who knows.

Are the decision makers in the Democratic party really not in agreement on their strategy for 2024? C'mon guys, you are supposed to be better than the R's at this.

PostPosted: Tue February 07, 2023 4:40 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Bi_3 wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
Bammer wrote:

The people of California deserve this guy. Imposing his will on the entire US would be far too cruel.

PostPosted: Wed February 08, 2023 2:39 am 
The Master

lol

PostPosted: Wed February 08, 2023 2:42 pm 
The Master

simple schoolboy wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
Bammer wrote:

The people of California deserve this guy. Imposing his will on the entire US would be far too cruel.

Name a country freer than America.

PostPosted: Wed February 08, 2023 2:57 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

And that was last anyone ever heard of Kevin McCarthy's leadership:

PostPosted: Wed February 08, 2023 9:57 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Serious question:

If these programs are not being touched, how's this get done? They just raise it? Rubber stamp style?

Or would they actually pull back from the military ind. complex?

PostPosted: Wed February 08, 2023 10:21 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

elliseamos wrote:
Serious question:

If these programs are not being touched, how's this get done? They just raise it? Rubber stamp style?

Arrgghh....I just saw something on this... there is some simple change to how SS is indexed that would extend it another like 30-40 years. Plus the obvious of extending the cutoff on the high side. It's insane that some who makes $150k and someone who makes $750k pay exactly the same into SS.

PostPosted: Thu February 09, 2023 5:45 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Bi_3 wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
Serious question:

Arrgghh....I just saw something on this... there is some simple change to how SS is indexed that would extend it another like 30-40 years. Plus the obvious of extending the cutoff on the high side. It's insane that some who makes $150k and someone who makes $750k pay exactly the same into SS.

TIL: Employer stock plans are considered income for tax purposes which is probably far more significant than salary for lifting the SS cap.

Should have made the switch after the greatest generation was more or less gone. It was always welfare, insane to pretend otherwise.

PostPosted: Thu February 09, 2023 12:26 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

simple schoolboy wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
Serious question:

TIL: Employer stock plans are considered income for tax purposes which is probably far more significant than salary for lifting the SS cap.

Should have made the switch after the greatest generation was more or less gone. It was always welfare, insane to pretend otherwise.

dont you think welfare more or less describes something you are given freely while with SS every single of one of us who do some form of taxes pays into SS on a weekly/bi-weekly basis?

PostPosted: Thu February 09, 2023 12:27 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

also i guess you could describe SS as a pyramid scheme

from 15-65 you pay into it but cant use it until your 65 and then you rely on the next two generations to pay into it the same way you did so that you can live off of it

*numbers are arbitrary and not written in stone

PostPosted: Fri February 10, 2023 1:32 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

that was prob the best Biden speech i have ever seen

his energy level was great

reflexes strong

ad libs strong

eye contact strong

looks healthy enough to run again

just needs a better VP

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri February 10, 2023 2:56 am 
The Master

96583UP wrote:
that was prob the best Biden speech i have ever seen

his energy level was great

reflexes strong

ad libs strong

eye contact strong

looks healthy enough to run again

just needs a better VP

You volunteering?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1924 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 97  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate