The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1924 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 97  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 46th POTUS - Joseph R. Biden, Jr.
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 11:58 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

BurtReynolds wrote:
B wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
What do people that didn't go to school or paid for it get?

Oh let me guess, a better society to live in, right?

Nothing. Nothing this time, because this is only one policy to help one struggling group of people.

I don't get shit out of subsidized daycare, work retraining programs, or paid maternity leave, but that doesn't make them shit goals. They're good for people. They're good for the economy. They're good for the businesses these people will be able to support.

You are a good doggie. I'm happy you are willing to sacrifice yourself for the good of people in a better situation than you. You will be remembered in heaven. God will not forget.

:nice:

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 3:51 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

B wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:

B might be the median beneficiary of this proposal, depending on his particulars.

My wife and I do not have college debt, nor do we anticipate our children having any, if that's your implication.

Congrats!

There has been much talk of low quality masters degrees being in play for an outsized portion of student debt, at least for those with 6 figures plus of debt.

If you had financed your undergrad and masters you could be in that position if you went to expensive schools for both.

Some Journo was complaining that 10k of relief wouldn't even cover her interest payment. She makes 180k/ yr. Why should she be bailed out?

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 3:58 am 
Future Drummer

B wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
B wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Nothing. Nothing this time, because this is only one policy to help one struggling group of people.

I don't get shit out of subsidized daycare, work retraining programs, or paid maternity leave, but that doesn't make them shit goals. They're good for people. They're good for the economy. They're good for the businesses these people will be able to support.

You are a good doggie. I'm happy you are willing to sacrifice yourself for the good of people in a better situation than you. You will be remembered in heaven. God will not forget.

To be fair, the daycare and jobs stuff you talk about are ways to keep some at risk people going. You’re talking about people with college degrees who didn’t get their moneys worth.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 4:02 am 
Gone

Rob wrote:
B wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
B wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

To be fair, the daycare and jobs stuff you talk about are ways to keep some at risk people going. You’re talking about people with college degrees who didn’t get their moneys worth.

He's talking about mostly white people

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 11:02 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

i cant imagine going through life thinking if i dont benefit then no one should

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 11:24 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Peeps wrote:
i cant imagine going through life thinking if i dont benefit then no one should

Lmao libs do this all the time! It's their entire identity!

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Mon May 02, 2022 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 11:24 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

no they dont

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 11:37 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

well im sure some do

but i meant more people in general, not lib or repugnants

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 12:33 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

simple schoolboy wrote:
B wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:

B might be the median beneficiary of this proposal, depending on his particulars.

My wife and I do not have college debt, nor do we anticipate our children having any, if that's your implication.

Congrats!

There has been much talk of low quality masters degrees being in play for an outsized portion of student debt, at least for those with 6 figures plus of debt.

If you had financed your undergrad and masters you could be in that position if you went to expensive schools for both.

Some Journo was complaining that 10k of relief wouldn't even cover her interest payment. She makes 180k/ yr. Why should she be bailed out?

If she got lumped into the 10K or 50K debt cancellation, I think I could probably sleep at night.

"Don't help anyone because some people don't deserve it," is a pretty shitty perspective.

I guess if you want to review dossiers on the 46 million Americans with college debt and rank them based on how much they deserve relief, I'd be OK with having Biden only rescue the top 60% of your list.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 12:51 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

How are these debts being 'forgiven'? I'd be ok if the government just told the predatory loan sharks (financial institutions) to fuck off and cancelled the debts, but I assume this is just more government bailouts of criminal institutions using our money, creating disastrous and unforeseen consequences most liberals are incapable of grasping.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 1:01 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Remember the time we put millions of Americans into endless debt prison because of disastrous and unforeseen consequences most conservatives were incapable of grasping.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 1:03 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

If they aren't going to fix the education system then this is all moot anyway. Are we just going to repeat this cycle every ten years?

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 1:25 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

BurtReynolds wrote:
How are these debts being 'forgiven'? I'd be ok if the government just told the predatory loan sharks (financial institutions) to fuck off and cancelled the debts, but I assume this is just more government bailouts of criminal institutions using our money, creating disastrous and unforeseen consequences most liberals are incapable of grasping.

you mean like businesses that got a financial bailout because they couldnt keep afloat or businesses that get a huge tax cut to help them out or the very rich who get tax breaks that conervatives cant grasp that those breaks eventually get passed down to the working class to pay for?

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 1:32 pm 

Yes exactly like that.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 1:48 pm 
Gone

Just to reiterate: I think we need to do this by skin color or not at all

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 2:23 pm 
See you in another life, brother

The fact that policies can't be debated or discussed even a little bit on this board is, well, I guess par for the course.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 3:17 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

4/5 wrote:
The fact that policies can't be debated or discussed even a little bit on this board is, well, I guess par for the course.

I think JuanHamm asked a good question that nobody seems to be trying to answer.

JuanHamm wrote:
If they aren't going to fix the education system then this is all moot anyway. Are we just going to repeat this cycle every ten years?

washing machine wrote:
I haven't really taken a look at the proposal, so forgive me if this is a stupid question, but would this affect new student loans? I wonder if there's a whole new generation of future college grads taking out loans expecting another Biden to forgive them at some point.

Is anyone in this administration looking past midterm election cycle on this thing?

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 3:44 pm 
The Master

verb_to_trust wrote:

Reparations!

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 7:18 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

JuanHamm wrote:

You're not wrong.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 7:22 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

verb_to_trust wrote:

Don't worry. I'm sure we are. I don't know the data, but I'd be shocked if forgiving 10K in debt doesn't end up being a huge windfall for a lot of whites while leaving a lot of blacks with a shit ton more debt to go.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1924 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 97  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate