The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1924 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 97  Next
 Post subject: Re: 46th POTUS
PostPosted: Sat December 31, 2022 3:05 am 
AnalLog

Ok good, I forgot I made one.

Post subject: Re: The 46th POTUS - Joseph R. Biden, Jr.
PostPosted: Sat December 31, 2022 3:33 am 
The Master

Uhhh

PostPosted: Sat December 31, 2022 5:27 am 
mXn

Lol nobody disagrees with TJ

PostPosted: Thu January 05, 2023 3:05 am 
Mind Your Tanners

McConnell certainly has to feel a slight bit of shame in today's event.

PostPosted: Thu January 05, 2023 5:36 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

PostPosted: Fri January 06, 2023 12:24 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

PostPosted: Sun January 22, 2023 12:51 am 
Looks Like a Cat

At some point this classified documents thing becomes a real problem right? That one chick was sentenced to five years for leaking a single document. Biden had dozens, at his house, where a couple years earlier his son was paying him $47,000 per month rent while advising Chinese businesses

PostPosted: Sun January 22, 2023 1:13 am 
The Master

I think trump’s classified docs v Biden’s classified docs become a net wash, as they should

PostPosted: Sun January 22, 2023 1:32 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Bi_3 wrote:
At some point this classified documents thing becomes a real problem right? That one chick was sentenced to five years for leaking a single document. Biden had dozens, at his house, where a couple years earlier his son was paying him $47,000 per month rent while advising Chinese businesses

You are closer to the machine, but doesn't almost everyone agree that over classification is an issue? It shouldn't be a shield to prevent FOIA requests for mundane stuff that might be embarrassing.

We have no idea whether anyone involved actually compromised national security, as classified could mean a lot of things.

This only matters in as much as whether the powers that be want to prevent Biden from running again. Not sure if they are putting the screws to him or are releasing this now to deflate it well before 2024.

PostPosted: Sun January 22, 2023 1:49 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

tragabigzanda wrote:
I think trump’s classified docs v Biden’s classified docs become a net wash, as they should

Yeah, they're the same thing.

PostPosted: Sun January 22, 2023 1:52 am 
The Master

B wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Yeah, they're the same thing.

No they’re not — Trump’s is likely way worse.

but the average voter shouldn’t be expected to be a foreign policy/national intelligence expert, and both the left and moderate media outlets are wearing their kid gloves for Biden’s situation. It’s a dumb double standard.

PostPosted: Sun January 22, 2023 12:11 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

To me the difference is one was told to return things and didn't, while the other said, looky here where should I mail it?

I'd like Reagan's kid to come out now with some folders of stuff. Preferably iran/contra related.

PostPosted: Sun January 22, 2023 2:17 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

elliseamos wrote:
To me the difference is one was told to return things and didn't, while the other said, looky here where should I mail it?

I'd like Reagan's kid to come out now with some folders of stuff. Preferably iran/contra related.

Sort of? So far:

Nov 2 — Penn Biden Center, DC
Dec 20 — Wilmington, DE
Jan 11 — Wilmington, DE
Jan 12 — Wilmington, DE
Jan 20 — Wilmington, DE (DOJ)

Anyway, this is probably a net positive for the blue team and it makes sense for them to keep silent and pretend it's a nothingburger. It gives them an out to not prosecute trump over his documents, something they would never win, and solves their Biden 2024 problem.

PostPosted: Sun January 22, 2023 2:42 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

We must find a reason why this is different.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon January 23, 2023 2:01 pm 
Future Drummer

Bi_3 wrote:
elliseamos wrote:

Sort of? So far:

Nov 2 — Penn Biden Center, DC
Dec 20 — Wilmington, DE
Jan 11 — Wilmington, DE
Jan 12 — Wilmington, DE
Jan 20 — Wilmington, DE (DOJ)

Anyway, this is probably a net positive for the blue team and it makes sense for them to keep silent and pretend it's a nothingburger. It gives them an out to not prosecute trump over his documents, something they would never win, and solves their Biden 2024 problem.

Agree. This isn’t (to me) an issue that really resonates. Does the public want them to be careful with sensitive info? Yes. Is this an issue that animates people? No. I don’t want to see them prosecute Trump over something like this, as I agree it’s not a battle they’d really win. Also agree that anything that gets us to real primary in 2024 (on the Dem side) is good.

PostPosted: Mon January 23, 2023 2:08 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

I don't think Trump having the documents is enough to prosecute him for a crime. But I also don't think he just had those things laying around and forgot about them. He had them for a reason. He was asked to return them and refused. I hope the special investigation is able to turn up something about what he was actually doing with all those papers.

PostPosted: Mon January 23, 2023 4:25 pm 
Rank This Poster

B wrote:
I don't think Trump having the documents is enough to prosecute him for a crime. But I also don't think he just had those things laying around and forgot about them. He had them for a reason. He was asked to return them and refused. I hope the special investigation is able to turn up something about what he was actually doing with all those papers.

Trump’s MO is to fight. You could say throw out that garbage and he’d say go get a warrant. That doesn’t mean necessarily keeping it was nefarious.

Both probably had that material because it was just in boxes that got moved, but perhaps they kept it because it had value to someone they know.

Why were either of them allowed to have anything marked classified in their homes at all? Why is the governance of that material so lax?

Reality Winner went to prison for 5 years and lost her career over disclosing one classified fact to the press, that the Russian’s interfered with elections.

Who knows what information these guys with top secret clearance take with them? Apparently no one keeps track of it.

PostPosted: Mon January 23, 2023 4:47 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Electromatic wrote:
B wrote:

Trump’s MO is to fight. You could say throw out that garbage and he’d say go get a warrant. That doesn’t mean necessarily keeping it was nefarious.

Both probably had that material because it was just in boxes that got moved, but perhaps they kept it because it had value to someone they know.

Why were either of them allowed to have anything marked classified in their homes at all? Why is the governance of that material so lax?

Reality Winner went to prison for 5 years and lost her career over disclosing one classified fact to the press, that the Russian’s interfered with elections.

Who knows what information these guys with top secret clearance take with them? Apparently no one keeps track of it.

No one should just give the government or law enforcement anything ever before discussion with a lawyer. Rich or poor, RMer or orange buffoon ex-president.

PostPosted: Tue January 24, 2023 6:08 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Electromatic wrote:
Apparently no one keeps track of it.
But they did keep track and asked Trump to return stuff. That's why I view them as different... because they are, Burt. Because they are!!!

PostPosted: Tue January 24, 2023 6:12 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Now Pence had classified docs? :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1924 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 97  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate