The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 907 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 46  Next
 Post subject: Re: Congress
PostPosted: Fri January 20, 2023 6:08 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Peeps wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
B wrote:
Wow. This Santos stuff is mind blowing.

It's like the mfers didn't even run a google search.

dont fool yourself. they knew. but they dont care because he won and it gives them a body. it's amazing to me that Al Franken resigned over a photograph that trump and others questioned and raised concerns about his character but just shrug their shoulders with a big ol "Meh" response

I meant like, why didnt the dems do it? Seems like it would have been an easy win.

PostPosted: Fri January 20, 2023 6:30 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Bi_3 wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
B wrote:

dont fool yourself. they knew. but they dont care because he won and it gives them a body. it's amazing to me that Al Franken resigned over a photograph that trump and others questioned and raised concerns about his character but just shrug their shoulders with a big ol "Meh" response

I meant like, why didnt the dems do it? Seems like it would have been an easy win.

while the dems are all about the power too they also understand the perception they have with their base.

to me the R's are all about stopping the dems (what wease said) and will do everything in the power to do so to appease their base. the dems at least have a shred of decency in relation to that sort of thing. i believe had a santos been elected as a D he would have been removed from congress and probably some type of charges brought against him for his lies

PostPosted: Fri January 20, 2023 6:35 pm 
See you in another life, brother

Peeps wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
B wrote:

while the dems are all about the power too they also understand the perception they have with their base.

to me the R's are all about stopping the dems (what wease said) and will do everything in the power to do so to appease their base. the dems at least have a shred of decency in relation to that sort of thing. i believe had a santos been elected as a D he would have been removed from congress and probably some type of charges brought against him for his lies

Whether you're right about the difference between Dems and Reps, if each side had known about his lies and all of that wouldn't Dems have used that info against him during the election? And if the answer is that the Dems didn't know, doesn't that open the door to the possibility that Reps didn't know either?

PostPosted: Fri January 20, 2023 6:54 pm 
The Master

Reps knew Santos was a con man back in 2020. His Rep opposition underestimated him.

His Dem opposition in 2022 claimed to not have sufficient funds to investigate him.

PostPosted: Fri January 20, 2023 6:55 pm 
See you in another life, brother

spike wrote:
Reps knew Santos was a con man back in 2020. His Rep opposition underestimated him.

His Dem opposition in 2022 claimed to not have sufficient funds to investigate him.

Weird. If that's the case it seems like Democrats blew a pretty good opportunity.

PostPosted: Fri January 20, 2023 7:03 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

4/5 wrote:
spike wrote:

Weird. If that's the case it seems like Democrats blew a pretty good opportunity.

Exactly. Seems like a choice. Maybe some 4d chess to get an appointed replacement? (And let's not pretend they couldn't have gotten this done quietly by activists or college-age volunteers for free)

I'm not blaming the Dems for him still being there, if the red team had a shred of dignity they would have booted him already.

PostPosted: Fri January 20, 2023 7:03 pm 
The Master

4/5 wrote:
spike wrote:

It’s on brand.

Post subject: Re: The Future of the GOP
PostPosted: Mon January 30, 2023 6:56 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Gonna post this thread before Bi_3 can post it with his usual "I hate this guy I'm totally a libtard like you guys but he has a great point" schtick.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon January 30, 2023 7:29 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

What?

PostPosted: Mon January 30, 2023 10:22 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

I get it, but I also don't get it.

PostPosted: Mon January 30, 2023 10:41 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

B wrote:
I get it, but I also don't get it.

That people believe ideologically inconsistent late-90s liberalism should not be a surprise to anyone on a 20 year old fan-run Pearl Jam message board.

PostPosted: Sun February 05, 2023 9:04 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Placeholder for what I hope are some real bangers tomorrow after whatever Sam Smith does at the Grammys tonight.

PostPosted: Thu February 23, 2023 12:58 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

https://alaskapublic.org/2023/02/22/ala ... se-deaths/

Quote:
Could a child dying from abuse actually benefit society, Eastman asked hypothetically.

“It can be argued, periodically, that it’s actually a cost savings because that child is not going to need any of those government services that they might otherwise be entitled to receive and need based on growing up in this type of environment,” he said.

Rep. David Eastman, R-Wasilla

PostPosted: Thu February 23, 2023 1:50 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

This has to be fake, but I hope it's not.

PostPosted: Thu February 23, 2023 2:09 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

B wrote:
This has to be fake, but I hope it's not.

As difficult as it is to believe, Aaron Rupar is a real person.

PostPosted: Thu February 23, 2023 3:48 pm 
Major Dude

Bi_3 wrote:
Placeholder for what I hope are some real bangers tomorrow after whatever Sam Smith does at the Grammys tonight.

You let us down on this one

PostPosted: Thu February 23, 2023 6:24 pm 
Future Drummer

B wrote:
https://alaskapublic.org/2023/02/22/alaska-house-censures-rep-eastman-for-comments-about-the-economic-benefit-of-child-abuse-deaths/

Quote:
Could a child dying from abuse actually benefit society, Eastman asked hypothetically.

“It can be argued, periodically, that it’s actually a cost savings because that child is not going to need any of those government services that they might otherwise be entitled to receive and need based on growing up in this type of environment,” he said.

If that's the case, he should be on board with abortions.

PostPosted: Thu February 23, 2023 8:06 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

blueviper wrote:
B wrote:
https://alaskapublic.org/2023/02/22/alaska-house-censures-rep-eastman-for-comments-about-the-economic-benefit-of-child-abuse-deaths/

Quote:

He is not.

https://davideastman.org/on-the-issues/protecting-life/

PostPosted: Thu February 23, 2023 10:14 pm 
Future Drummer

B wrote:
blueviper wrote:
B wrote:

Quote:

He is not.

https://davideastman.org/on-the-issues/protecting-life/

Surprised he just doesn't want to cut out the middle man and not have kids at all. Think of the savings!

PostPosted: Thu February 23, 2023 10:27 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Vivek, though horribly overexposed, is spot on with messaging for a huge portion of the electorate.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 907 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 46  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate