Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Black Lives Matter

Wed June 10, 2020 10:42 pm

My cat is really smart.

Sure she's skittish and a bit of a spaz, but legit one of the smartest pets I've ever had. Her ability to figure basic stuff out and to communicate her wants and needs surprises me every day.

And yet I know that if I sat down with her and attempted to explain to her how a guitar works, I wouldn't be successful. She's just not equipped to learn it. No matter how slowly or patiently I explain it, there's just something not quite there. She's not physically able to comprehend. It would be foolish of me to try.

Sorry, I posted in the wrong thread, I think. What are we talking about here?

Wed June 10, 2020 10:44 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
tree_ wrote:He wasn't fired precisely because he played the racism card. He's a terrible employee with many strikes against him from many other issues. He still has his job because he's black, ironically.

:?: I thought you told us he was fired.

He did. He also told us that he was RMing from work which was against company policy. So, he tries to get a black man fired while bragging about breaking company rules with no repercussions. He’s the Karen of the board.

Wed June 10, 2020 10:44 pm

Mickey wrote:
wease wrote:
Mickey wrote:Can we ban tree_ from this subforum? This shit is so tiresome.

I’ve been trying for years. More power to you.

I agree that I should have more power.

If you can get rid of tree__, you have my full support.

Wed June 10, 2020 10:46 pm

wease wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
tree_ wrote:He wasn't fired precisely because he played the racism card. He's a terrible employee with many strikes against him from many other issues. He still has his job because he's black, ironically.

He did. He also told us that he was RMing from work which was against company policy. So, he tries to get a black man fired while bragging about breaking company rules with no repercussions. He’s the Karen of the board.

Well, not fired - he now gets to clean the bathrooms, and for that he should be thankful

Wed June 10, 2020 10:48 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:"He still has his job because he's black" said the man who questions whether systemic racism even exists in America.

:thumbsup:

Good luck on your learning adventure, tree. The above post is the best starting point you've gotten so far.

Wed June 10, 2020 10:48 pm

Jorge wrote:Sorry, I posted in the wrong thread, I think. What are we talking about here?

AL

Wed June 10, 2020 10:53 pm

Wed June 10, 2020 10:54 pm

Rangi Guy wrote:
wease wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Well, not fired - he now gets to clean the bathrooms, and for that he should be thankful

They didn’t trust him to clean the bathrooms. He basically had to sit there for 8 hours a day because he was mentally challenged. So all he does all day is sit there and, of course, he fell asleep. Who wouldn’t? But good ol’ tree__ decides “fuck this shit” and goes and rats him out to the boss and gets the guy fired.

Wed June 10, 2020 10:55 pm

Amazing

Wed June 10, 2020 11:04 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:"He still has his job because he's black" said the man who questions whether systemic racism even exists in America.

This is a perfect example of the proof he's been begging for. Ironically.

Wed June 10, 2020 11:05 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Jorge wrote:Sorry, I posted in the wrong thread, I think. What are we talking about here?

AL

Yeah, that was outstadning.

Wed June 10, 2020 11:07 pm

tree_ wrote:Just being honest strat. I haven't like sat down and studied this before.

Jesus, tree, form an opinion or get lost. You're just being a troll.

Wed June 10, 2020 11:55 pm

B wrote:
tree_ wrote:Just being honest strat. I haven't like sat down and studied this before.

Jesus, tree, form an opinion or get lost. You're just being a troll.

Goddammit! This is what I’ve been telling you guys for years!!!

Thu June 11, 2020 12:42 am

I love the idea that someone could be skeptical about the pervasiveness of racism on a day when the White House said this

Thu June 11, 2020 3:25 am

Yeah. Ya know, some black people are poor employees who break company policy out in the open for all to see. At least this white person has the wherewithal to hide it. If I did what he did, I would also suffer consequences, but I wouldn't play the race card. Also, he wasn't mentally challenged any more than me that I know of, for the record.

Thu June 11, 2020 3:26 am

I don't think all black people are exactly like him, and thank God I'm not exactly like all you whites.

Thu June 11, 2020 2:00 pm

Post a reply