The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1047 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 53  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter
PostPosted: Wed June 10, 2020 8:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 15525
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
wease wrote:
tree_ wrote:
wease wrote:
tree_ wrote:
But you're the one who said "empirically". It's on you to show your work. All I said was "maybe". I've done the work that doesn't convince me already.

No. The onus is on you to show that systemic racism is a thing of the past.
I said MAYBE. Did you see that? I said that I don't know. I don't have proof either way. I DON'T KNOW. I suspect you don't know either. It is fun to be on the bandwagon though, isn't it?

Joe’s right. I don’t know why I ever clicked to see your posts. It’s just the same old bullshit with you.
Yep, put the blinders on when challenged. I said that I don't know either way so I guess that makes me a racist. Good day to you sir.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter
PostPosted: Wed June 10, 2020 8:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 15525
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
Rob wrote:
tree_ wrote:
But you're the one who said "empirically". It's on you to show your work. All I said was "maybe". I've done the work that doesn't convince me already.


Can you show us your work (so far)?
When you say you've seen no evidence of a god but you're open to seeing the evidence, why would it be your onus to provide no evidence? Or how does that make you anti-god? When you say you have evidence of a god but you're unwilling to share the evidence, it makes you look like a liar. If it's a matter of faith, fine. But you just have to say that.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter
PostPosted: Wed June 10, 2020 8:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 56443
Location: September 2020 Poster of the Month
tree_ wrote:
Rob wrote:
tree_ wrote:
But you're the one who said "empirically". It's on you to show your work. All I said was "maybe". I've done the work that doesn't convince me already.


Can you show us your work (so far)?
When you say you've seen no evidence of a god but you're open to seeing the evidence, why would it be your onus to provide no evidence? Or how does that make you anti-god? When you say you have evidence of a god but you're unwilling to share the evidence, it makes you look like a liar. If it's a matter of faith, fine. But you just have to say that.

So the answer is no, you can't.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter
PostPosted: Wed June 10, 2020 8:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 15525
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
cutuphalfdead wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Rob wrote:
tree_ wrote:
But you're the one who said "empirically". It's on you to show your work. All I said was "maybe". I've done the work that doesn't convince me already.


Can you show us your work (so far)?
When you say you've seen no evidence of a god but you're open to seeing the evidence, why would it be your onus to provide no evidence? Or how does that make you anti-god? When you say you have evidence of a god but you're unwilling to share the evidence, it makes you look like a liar. If it's a matter of faith, fine. But you just have to say that.

So the answer is no, you can't.
Yep. There might be a god or gods and there might be systemic racism. There also might be a talking jelly fish in my bedroom. Anything is possible. I'm open to it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter
PostPosted: Wed June 10, 2020 8:21 pm 
Online
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 1:46 am
Posts: 1373
Location: Connecticut
tree_ wrote:
But you're the one who said "empirically". It's on you to show your work. All I said was "maybe". I've done the work that doesn't convince me already.


Come on tree, you said you did the work. Just wondering about it. Show us the light.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter
PostPosted: Wed June 10, 2020 8:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 56443
Location: September 2020 Poster of the Month
Who's to say if systemic racism exists in 21st century America? Listen to yourself and open your eyes.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter
PostPosted: Wed June 10, 2020 8:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 15525
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
Rob wrote:
tree_ wrote:
But you're the one who said "empirically". It's on you to show your work. All I said was "maybe". I've done the work that doesn't convince me already.


Come on tree, you said you did the work. Just wondering about it. Show us the light.
lol I said that I did the work that shows there is no real evidence. If you have it I would love to see it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter
PostPosted: Wed June 10, 2020 8:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 15525
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Who's to say if systemic racism exists in 21st century America? Listen to yourself and open your eyes.
Show me the evidence.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter
PostPosted: Wed June 10, 2020 8:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Classic B
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 15334
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
tree_ wrote:
wease wrote:
tree_ wrote:
But you're the one who said "empirically". It's on you to show your work. All I said was "maybe". I've done the work that doesn't convince me already.

No. The onus is on you to show that systemic racism is a thing of the past.
I said MAYBE. Did you see that? I said that I don't know. I don't have proof either way. I DON'T KNOW. I suspect you don't know either. It is fun to be on the bandwagon though, isn't it?

No friend. The data is on the side of systemic racism.
https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=ev ... i=scholart

You're the only one here without proof, posting ridiculous ideas either b/c you're confused or b/c you're amusing yourself.

_________________
VinylGuy wrote:
Fuck, B was right all along?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter
PostPosted: Wed June 10, 2020 8:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 56443
Location: September 2020 Poster of the Month
Like I said, he's either a piece of shit or just really, really stupid.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter
PostPosted: Wed June 10, 2020 8:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Classic B
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 15334
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Like I said, he's either a piece of shit or just really, really stupid.

OK. You've convinced me. I'll allow it.

_________________
VinylGuy wrote:
Fuck, B was right all along?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter
PostPosted: Wed June 10, 2020 8:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 15525
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-myth-o ... 1591119883


There are reasonable arguments on both sides of this debate, ergo, "maybe".


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter
PostPosted: Wed June 10, 2020 8:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 56443
Location: September 2020 Poster of the Month
lol @ thinking an opinion piece in the WSJ means anything


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter
PostPosted: Wed June 10, 2020 8:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 56443
Location: September 2020 Poster of the Month
I quit after the first sentence. Systemic racism in policing is an Obama-era narrative.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter
PostPosted: Wed June 10, 2020 8:30 pm 
Online
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 24146
Location: Mizzou
"Mr. Obama"

:roll: :roll:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter
PostPosted: Wed June 10, 2020 8:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 56443
Location: September 2020 Poster of the Month
Sure some of my cells are cancerous but the vast majority aren't!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter
PostPosted: Wed June 10, 2020 8:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 15525
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
Someone just please give me one blatant example of systemic racism.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter
PostPosted: Wed June 10, 2020 8:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 15525
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
As I said my mind is not made up but this guy is really convincing. 8:00 is the relevant stuff.



Last edited by tree_ on Wed June 10, 2020 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter
PostPosted: Wed June 10, 2020 8:48 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 2:19 am
Posts: 1283
Location: Portland, OR
Someone arguing that systemic racism isn't a thing in America is probably the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board. I've been here off & on since 2003. Just wow.

_________________
The numbers don't decide
Your system is a lie
The river running dry


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter
PostPosted: Wed June 10, 2020 8:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 15525
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
swan wrote:
Someone arguing that systemic racism isn't a thing in America is probably the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board. I've been here off & on since 2003. Just wow.
Give me an example of systemic racism in America.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1047 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 53  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: B, BurtReynolds, Higgs, philpritchard, Rob and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu October 29, 2020 5:01 pm