Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Systemic / Institutional / Societal Racism

Tue January 25, 2022 3:33 am

elliseamos wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:Is it called democracy?

But that requires equitable representation, so that can't possibly be what exists in Mississippi.

Alabama (judges) get what I'm saying.

Tue January 25, 2022 4:10 am

Bammer wrote:Did a bunch of posts in this thread just get deleted?

Well??

Tue January 25, 2022 11:00 am

No.

Tue January 25, 2022 2:20 pm

Dutch tourist fined over Nazi salute at Auschwitz

i hope they throw the maximum fine/sentence at her and then triple those fines and sentence

Tue January 25, 2022 2:52 pm

B wrote:No.

Thanks. My bad. I had read something on page 1 of this thread, thinking it was the most recent page, then couldn’t find it.

Re: Black Lives Matter

Tue January 25, 2022 2:54 pm

tree_ wrote:Maybe systemic racism is almost entirely a thing of the past. Maybe there are other issues/forces at play holding groups of people down.

What if Tree has made two separate statements here, one being inaccurate and the other being accurate? :shock:

Tue January 25, 2022 2:57 pm

No.

Tue January 25, 2022 3:02 pm

Oh, ok so high birth rates in poor communities aren’t perpetuating the cycle of poverty at all. Regardless of race. Got it.

Thu January 27, 2022 1:59 pm

Now we will start whittling away at teaching about the Holocaust.

Thu January 27, 2022 4:41 pm

I hate my state

Thu January 27, 2022 4:54 pm

Off topic for the thread, but on topic for school stuff: Florida's House passed a bill that would prohibit elementary school teachers from teaching/discussing LGBTQ and would apparently legally protect teachers who out a student to their parent. So, yeah.

Thu January 27, 2022 4:59 pm

Fuggin Dark Ages

Thu January 27, 2022 5:35 pm

Due to recent gerrymandering in our state, Nashville is now split into 3 senate districts. One of the people running for one of the districts is running on a promise to revoke and erase any LGBTQ rights they currently have and a promise not to let them have any rights based on their LGBTQ status.

Thu January 27, 2022 5:55 pm

That’s very not good (but wrong thread)

Thu January 27, 2022 7:02 pm

4/5 wrote:Off topic for the thread, but on topic for school stuff: Florida's House passed a bill that would prohibit elementary school teachers from teaching/discussing LGBTQ and would apparently legally protect teachers who out a student to their parent. So, yeah.

We had a bill that was going to REQUIRE teachers to inform parents if their kid behaved in a manner that did not confirm to their gender.

Thu January 27, 2022 7:10 pm

Constructs laws to ensure procreation of species while challenging temporary mandates that would prevent extinction of millions.

Thu January 27, 2022 7:26 pm

spike wrote:Constructs laws to ensure procreation of species while challenging temporary mandates that would prevent extinction of millions.

‘Merica!

Thu February 03, 2022 8:20 pm

So we just had a CRT-lite staff meeting/training about an hour ago. They did two sessions and I'm just disappointed that the guy who wears a "The next variant is communism" shirt wasn't in my group.

Thu February 03, 2022 8:24 pm

That's so fucking stupid, all the variants are communism you rube

Thu February 03, 2022 9:23 pm

wease wrote:
spike wrote:Constructs laws to ensure procreation of species while challenging temporary mandates that would prevent extinction of millions.

‘Merica!

Johns Hopkins reports that lockdown has prevented covid deaths by a factor of 0.02%

(In other words some people were always vulnerable no matter what anyone did, while everyone else has been just fine - temporary mandates rendered worthless. Basically.)
Post a reply