Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Post here when something gets CANCELLED

Fri September 30, 2022 7:21 pm

Bi_3 wrote:

They never did dude, they knew this would happen.

Younger Millennials all have federal loans so this is basically an f you to gen X, right?

Fri September 30, 2022 8:10 pm

Looks that way

Mon October 10, 2022 1:13 pm

A local school here that a former classmate teaches at is at the center of a controversy of a teacher claiming it is against his religious belief to use pronouns and was suspended for it. he was reinstated blah blah blah

it so happens this former classmate is a science teacher at the school and the sponsor of the LGBTQ support group there. she has been threatened and the school has advised her to park in a designated spot that has a security camera running 24/7. Also to let them know if any email, mail or voicemail threats come in and they will provide her security. mind you she has nothing to do with the teacher who was suspended but apparently the parents are upset there is a LGQBT support group.

One lady actually wrote to the school saying her child is not to be assigned in this ladys class because she has a COEXIST sticker in the room

this is a very rural area where kids drive tractors to the prom etc so that tells you the kind of mindset that is out there

Mon October 10, 2022 1:25 pm

Peeps wrote:A local school here that a former classmate teaches at is at the center of a controversy of a teacher claiming it is against his religious belief to use pronouns and was suspended for it. he was reinstated blah blah blah

it so happens this former classmate is a science teacher at the school and the sponsor of the LGBTQ support group there. she has been threatened and the school has advised her to park in a designated spot that has a security camera running 24/7. Also to let them know if any email, mail or voicemail threats come in and they will provide her security. mind you she has nothing to do with the teacher who was suspended but apparently the parents are upset there is a LGQBT support group.

One lady actually wrote to the school saying her child is not to be assigned in this ladys class because she has a COEXIST sticker in the room

this is a very rural area where kids drive tractors to the prom etc so that tells you the kind of mindset that is out there

What's the likelihood that the anti-pronoun teacher's religious beliefs involve vandalizing your friend's car while it's parked in front of a camera?

Mon October 10, 2022 4:37 pm

B wrote:
Peeps wrote:A local school here that a former classmate teaches at is at the center of a controversy of a teacher claiming it is against his religious belief to use pronouns and was suspended for it. he was reinstated blah blah blah

What's the likelihood that the anti-pronoun teacher's religious beliefs involve vandalizing your friend's car while it's parked in front of a camera?

i dont think the teacher on teacher crime rate is too high but i could be wrong

i just hate the whole my religious beliefs are at conflict here. if they are so at conflict here about using a pronoun how do you feel about incest since adam and eve gave birth to three sons? unless youre ready to admit that a man can get preggers which in either case there is a whole lot of incest going on

Mon October 10, 2022 4:48 pm

Peeps I'm not saying I disagree with you -- the teacher sounds like a shit. But it's time to let this stuff go. The evangelical teachings of the ultra conservative have taken deep hold of a lot of people, and the disenfranchised should probably accept that not everybody is going to want to create a safe space for them.

Maybe it's the fact that I live in MT, but I don't lose any sleep over this stuff anymore.

Mon October 10, 2022 6:31 pm

I have a pretty low tolerance for the argument that the Amendment that keeps the government from forcing a religion on people actually gives people the right to force their religion on the people below them.

That teacher has power over the trans kid and shouldn't be allowed to force their religion on that kid by misgendering them.

Thu October 13, 2022 4:29 pm

Bill Murray

Thu October 13, 2022 4:33 pm

Yeah, I saw that. The Geena Davis interview was pretty creepy.

There might be more out there on him, but I bet he would be alright if he offered a sincere apology without lecturing people about the fact that men just acted that way back then.

Thu October 13, 2022 4:39 pm

B wrote:Yeah, I saw that. The Geena Davis interview was pretty creepy.

There might be more out there on him, but I bet he would be alright if he offered a sincere apology without lecturing people about the fact that men just acted that way back then.

Apparently his antics shut down Aziz’s movie.

Thu October 13, 2022 4:43 pm

wease wrote:

Aziz's antics didn't have anything to do about it?

Thu October 13, 2022 4:43 pm

B wrote:
wease wrote:

Guess not

Fri October 14, 2022 7:14 pm

Fri October 14, 2022 7:25 pm

wease wrote:
B wrote:
wease wrote:

Guess not

The Mother of Black Hollywood by Jenifer Lewis (2017)

"I auditioned for Scrooged, and all that got me was felt up by Bill Murray. It was all in good fun, but I got right the hell out of there!"

Mon October 17, 2022 7:59 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:

Where's Ruddo? I need a support group, stat.

Thu October 20, 2022 9:54 pm

Basic genetic research

https://www.city-journal.org/nih-blocks-access-to-genetics-database?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Organic_Social

Thu October 20, 2022 11:32 pm

simple schoolboy wrote:Basic genetic research

https://www.city-journal.org/nih-blocks-access-to-genetics-database?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Organic_Social

tl;Dr

What's the forbidden research?

Fri October 21, 2022 12:07 am

B wrote:

tl;Dr

What's the forbidden research?

the relationships among intelligence, education, and health outcomes

The new standard is no research that could lead to stigmas, so I guess obesity research is on the way out.

Thu January 12, 2023 10:25 pm

$804 at the box office. Things are going great for Cara Dune.

https://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Terro ... irie-(2022)#tab=summary

Thu January 12, 2023 11:36 pm

spike wrote:$804 at the box office. Things are going great for Cara Dune.

https://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Terro ... irie-(2022)#tab=summary

Isn't this close to normal for movies that are only released for a handful of showings to be award eligible? The Daily Wire has its own streaming service that I assume this is where they expect viewers to see it. Dunno where the Daily Wire got all this money to start up a media arm.

I don't know how much of an appetite people have for yet another streaming service. Who are these people that are going to be paying for the Daily Wire instead of, say Netflix or Disney Plus? Gotta be a very limited market.
Post a reply