The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 136  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post here when something gets CANCELLED
PostPosted: Sun October 17, 2021 12:37 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

"A white man had to play Paul."

The horror. What a silly bitch.

PostPosted: Sun October 17, 2021 4:06 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Harkonen heart plugs are lindy.

PostPosted: Mon October 18, 2021 3:27 pm 
The Master

uh oh!

PostPosted: Mon October 18, 2021 3:39 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

when do we get to cancel barstool?

PostPosted: Mon October 18, 2021 3:53 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

dad wrote:

PostPosted: Mon October 18, 2021 3:53 pm 
The Master

dad wrote:

I think when they compare the Packers organization to the Holocaust.

PostPosted: Tue October 19, 2021 1:59 pm 
Site Admin

dad wrote:
A lot of people, particularly sports reporters, have been trying to do that for years, particularly centered around Dave Portnoy's general assholery.

Also, Big Cat is a pretty blatant Bears fan, so it's telling that he was able to suck so many people in with that obvious troll.

PostPosted: Tue October 19, 2021 2:02 pm 
Site Admin

Not sure if I'd said this here before, but someone could make a killing in followers by creating an Unwoke 90s account that ups all the problematic content, real or exaggerated, from that decade and its fringes on both ends. Wouldn't be surprised if it already exists.

PostPosted: Tue October 19, 2021 2:16 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Green Habit wrote:
Not sure if I'd said this here before, but someone could make a killing in followers by creating an Unwoke 90s account that ups all the problematic content, real or exaggerated, from that decade and its fringes on both ends. Wouldn't be surprised if it already exists.

I recently saw the 90s referred to as the "late 1900s" and I literally did a spit take.

PostPosted: Tue October 19, 2021 2:16 pm 
mXn

Green Habit wrote:

Does this have anything to do with the NFL hiring Snoop and Dr. Dre for the SB halftime show?

PostPosted: Tue October 19, 2021 2:18 pm 
Site Admin

Bammer wrote:
Green Habit wrote:

Does this have anything to do with the NFL hiring Snoop and Dr. Dre for the SB halftime show?
That could be a fun intersection of finally giving some of the most successful black entertainer of their generation a major stage against whatever problematic things they were saying/doing in the 90s.

PostPosted: Tue October 19, 2021 2:20 pm 
mXn

Green Habit wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Green Habit wrote:

That could be a fun intersection of finally giving some of the most successful black entertainer of their generation a major stage against whatever problematic things they were saying/doing in the 90s.

Right … Dre gonna come out there like hey guys, please destroy your copy of The Chronic. I regret making that album.

PostPosted: Tue October 19, 2021 3:07 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Green Habit wrote:

90s video game ads are a gold mine

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue October 19, 2021 3:10 pm 
Site Admin

Comic Mischief

PostPosted: Tue October 19, 2021 5:22 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

BurtReynolds wrote:
Green Habit wrote:

90s video game ads are a gold mine

90's video game ads are indeed problematic.

This image, however, appears to have originated earlier this month on r/banvideogames...a 4chan-swarmed satircal subreddit full of nazi imagery, n-word references, and dumb jokes about Minecraft teaching kids to farm opium.

Interesting life you lead there, Burt.

Last edited by McParadigm on Tue October 19, 2021 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue October 19, 2021 5:29 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

But why do you know that?

PostPosted: Tue October 19, 2021 5:33 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bi_3 wrote:
But why do you know that?

I'm probably a secret nazi. Why do you ask?

PostPosted: Tue October 19, 2021 5:41 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

It's a Twitter image link!

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue October 19, 2021 5:44 pm 

I wouldn't say problematic (I wouldn't ever say problematic since I hate that stupid word), but the aggression of 90s video game ads is certainly weird.

PostPosted: Tue October 19, 2021 5:46 pm 
Future Drummer

Boston Pride. Background on what lead to Boston Pride being cancelled, https://quillette.com/2021/10/13/the-implosion-of-bostons-pride-parade-is-a-sign-of-things-to-come/

Statement from Boston Pride

Posted: July 9, 2021 4:30pm
For years, we have volunteered our time with Boston Pride because we care about and are passionate about the LGBTQIA+ community. We strived to foster an environment of diversity and unity within our organization and the community. Over the past 50 years, Boston Pride has facilitated programs and events that have changed our society and promoted equality, but we know there is still work to be done.

Over the past year, we have invested time and energy to address the concerns of the community, both with our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access work with Dorrington & Saunders and by forming the Transformation Advisory Committee comprised of members of the LGBTQIA+ community to help bring change to our organization. We are grateful for all who have been involved in this process.

It is clear to us that our community needs and wants change without the involvement of Boston Pride. We have heard the concerns of the QTBIPOC community and others. We care too much to stand in the way. Therefore, Boston Pride is dissolving. There will be no further events or programming planned, and the board is taking steps to close down the organization.

We know many people care about Pride in Boston, and we encourage them to continue the work. By making the decision to close down, we hope new leaders will emerge from the community to lead the Pride movement in Boston.

This decision was made with a heavy heart, out of love and hope for a better future.

-Boston Pride Board of Directors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 136  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate