The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 136  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post here when something gets CANCELLED
PostPosted: Fri April 02, 2021 2:30 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Barf

PostPosted: Fri April 02, 2021 2:31 am 
mXn

verb_to_trust wrote:
There is talk that the rappaport kd beef is staged.

I could get on board with that

PostPosted: Fri April 02, 2021 2:55 am 
The Master

he had a lot to say about the sucking of *ocks

PostPosted: Fri April 02, 2021 3:01 am 
mXn

I don’t know who Matt Gaetz is

PostPosted: Fri April 02, 2021 3:05 am 
The Master

Bammer wrote:
I don’t know who Matt Gaetz is

ambassador to france

PostPosted: Fri April 02, 2021 3:31 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

McParadigm wrote:
Barf

Clearly he is heartbroken since Nestor grew up.

PostPosted: Fri April 02, 2021 11:23 am 
Looks Like a Cat

simple schoolboy wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
Barf

This guy could not get dumber:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/01/politics ... index.html

PostPosted: Fri April 02, 2021 12:00 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Glorious:

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/San ... -Spotlight

PostPosted: Fri April 02, 2021 2:24 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Absolutely incredible.

Quote:
Alan Dershowitz said a Yale psychiatrist’s tweet about him was “unprofessional, irresponsible and unacademic” and complained to the school about it.

In July 2019, Alan M. Dershowitz, the lawyer who defended President Donald J. Trump during Mr. Trump’s first impeachment trial, said in an interview that he had a “perfect sex life” with his wife.

Mr. Dershowitz’s phrasing — in response to questions about his connections to the accused sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein — drew headlines at the time. The comments also prompted Bandy X. Lee, then a psychiatrist at Yale University who had questioned Mr. Trump’s mental fitness and his influence over his supporters, to assess Mr. Dershowitz’s behavior.

In January 2020, she compared Mr. Dershowitz’s wording with Mr. Trump’s own prominent use of the word “perfect,” suggesting in a tweet that it could reflect a “shared psychosis” through which Mr. Dershowitz had taken on what she said was Mr. Trump’s “grandiosity and delusional-level impunity.”

Days later, Mr. Dershowitz complained in an email to Yale, saying that Dr. Lee had violated ethics rules by offering a public diagnosis without examining him. Shortly after, Dr. Lee says, the head of Yale’s psychiatry department warned her about her behavior.

Dr. Lee eventually lost her position at the school.

In a lawsuit filed this week, Dr. Lee, 50, said she was not reinstated last year to her appointment as a professor in the psychiatry department — for the first time since 2003 — and Mr. Dershowitz’s complaint was part of the reason why.

She contended that the tweet was not a formal diagnosis, and that Yale’s move violated her First Amendment rights and impinged on her academic freedom.

“My goal currently is to ensure that professionals and intellectuals are not silenced,” Dr. Lee said in an interview.

Dr. Bandy X. Lee, whose appointment was not renewed by Yale, said she had “tried to fulfill my societal duty, which is to call out signs of danger, and signs of unfitness.”

But to Mr. Dershowitz and others, Dr. Lee’s comments displayed a dangerous intermingling of medical opinions with politics. He said he had not communicated with Yale about Dr. Lee since his initial email to the university.

“The idea that you can diagnose me, without ever having even met me, is unprofessional, irresponsible and unacademic,” he said.

The case touches on an intense debate over free speech and decades-old guidelines that govern what psychiatrists like Dr. Lee should be allowed to say in public.

Mr. Dershowitz, a professor emeritus at Harvard Law School who graduated from Yale Law School in 1962, is a longtime criminal defense lawyer known for representing high-profile clients like Mr. Epstein, O.J. Simpson and Mike Tyson. He joined Mr. Trump’s defense team to make constitutional arguments against impeachment. His most recent book, “Cancel Culture: The Latest Attack on Free Speech and Due Process,” was published last year.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/26/nyre ... -yale.html

PostPosted: Fri April 02, 2021 3:40 pm 
Major Dude

Bi_3 wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
Barf

This guy could not get dumber:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/01/politics ... index.html

His desire to usurp Junior as Donald’s favorite son will be his undoing.

PostPosted: Fri April 02, 2021 4:12 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Mickey wrote:
Absolutely incredible.

Quote:
Alan Dershowitz said a Yale psychiatrist’s tweet about him was “unprofessional, irresponsible and unacademic” and complained to the school about it.

In July 2019, Alan M. Dershowitz, the lawyer who defended President Donald J. Trump during Mr. Trump’s first impeachment trial, said in an interview that he had a “perfect sex life” with his wife.

Mr. Dershowitz’s phrasing — in response to questions about his connections to the accused sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein — drew headlines at the time. The comments also prompted Bandy X. Lee, then a psychiatrist at Yale University who had questioned Mr. Trump’s mental fitness and his influence over his supporters, to assess Mr. Dershowitz’s behavior.

In January 2020, she compared Mr. Dershowitz’s wording with Mr. Trump’s own prominent use of the word “perfect,” suggesting in a tweet that it could reflect a “shared psychosis” through which Mr. Dershowitz had taken on what she said was Mr. Trump’s “grandiosity and delusional-level impunity.”

Days later, Mr. Dershowitz complained in an email to Yale, saying that Dr. Lee had violated ethics rules by offering a public diagnosis without examining him. Shortly after, Dr. Lee says, the head of Yale’s psychiatry department warned her about her behavior.

In a lawsuit filed this week, Dr. Lee, 50, said she was not reinstated last year to her appointment as a professor in the psychiatry department — for the first time since 2003 — and Mr. Dershowitz’s complaint was part of the reason why.

She contended that the tweet was not a formal diagnosis, and that Yale’s move violated her First Amendment rights and impinged on her academic freedom.

“My goal currently is to ensure that professionals and intellectuals are not silenced,” Dr. Lee said in an interview.

Dr. Bandy X. Lee, whose appointment was not renewed by Yale, said she had “tried to fulfill my societal duty, which is to call out signs of danger, and signs of unfitness.”

But to Mr. Dershowitz and others, Dr. Lee’s comments displayed a dangerous intermingling of medical opinions with politics. He said he had not communicated with Yale about Dr. Lee since his initial email to the university.

“The idea that you can diagnose me, without ever having even met me, is unprofessional, irresponsible and unacademic,” he said.

The case touches on an intense debate over free speech and decades-old guidelines that govern what psychiatrists like Dr. Lee should be allowed to say in public.

Mr. Dershowitz, a professor emeritus at Harvard Law School who graduated from Yale Law School in 1962, is a longtime criminal defense lawyer known for representing high-profile clients like Mr. Epstein, O.J. Simpson and Mike Tyson. He joined Mr. Trump’s defense team to make constitutional arguments against impeachment. His most recent book, “Cancel Culture: The Latest Attack on Free Speech and Due Process,” was published last year.

In the last decade, has anyone fallen further than him in terms of public perception? (without criminal conviction)

PostPosted: Fri April 02, 2021 4:34 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

For whatever reason my first thought was "Michael Vick" but that would be wrong on two counts.

PostPosted: Fri April 02, 2021 4:49 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Bi_3 wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Absolutely incredible.

Quote:

In the last decade, has anyone fallen further than him in terms of public perception? (without criminal conviction)

I can't remember exactly when Rudy Giuliani flipped from "America's Mayor" to....whatever he is now, but if that was in the past decade, then that is 100% it.

PostPosted: Fri April 02, 2021 5:06 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Wasn't his supply already tainted in 2008? It's definitely lower now though.

PostPosted: Fri April 02, 2021 5:07 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Ah, good call ST.

PostPosted: Fri April 02, 2021 9:03 pm 
mXn

The fucking MLB all star game? Really?

Even the most ardent SJW’s among us here at RM have got to be rolling their eyes at this one.

PostPosted: Fri April 02, 2021 9:05 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

It wasn't cancelled.

PostPosted: Fri April 02, 2021 10:01 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Bammer wrote:
The fucking MLB all star game? Really?

Even the most ardent SJW’s among us here at RM have got to be rolling their eyes at this one.

They canceled sporting events and concerts for HB2 here in NC, why is this any different for you, bammer?

PostPosted: Fri April 02, 2021 10:19 pm 
Gone

ALL CITIZENS OF GEORGIA MUST SUFFER

*Cracks open Diet Coke*

PostPosted: Fri April 02, 2021 10:25 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

verb_to_trust wrote:
ALL CITIZENS OF GEORGIA MUST SUFFER

*Cracks open Diet Coke*

Woke capital must punish the heretics at any cost.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 136  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate