The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: What has Covid taught you about anything?
PostPosted: Tue June 02, 2020 3:17 am 
Offline
User avatar
for those who
are not...shall be
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 7:30 am
Posts: 13559
Location: here
w

_________________
Argo wrote:
Once when I was 7 or 8 my parents got in a fight at the library & told me they were going to get a divorce. I insisted on bringing this big stick home with us. They are still together & I have no idea where the stick is. Also I'm a librarian now


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What has Covid taught you about anything?
PostPosted: Tue June 02, 2020 3:19 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 20151
That every hopeless fear I ever had about how humanity would react to climate change was justified

_________________
(patriotic choking noises)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What has Covid taught you about anything?
PostPosted: Tue June 02, 2020 4:13 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 11626
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
That as a country we were way better placed to beat this thing than I first thought. Oh and generally people will look out for each other and show compassion more than I had expected too. Maybe I'm just too cynical for my own good

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What has Covid taught you about anything?
PostPosted: Tue June 02, 2020 4:14 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 6:02 am
Posts: 6905
Location: I am taking care of some ducks
Rangi Guy wrote:
That as a country we were way better placed to beat this thing than I first thought. Oh and generally people will look out for each other and show compassion more than I had expected too. Maybe I'm just too cynical for my own good


Holy shit how do I get your consciousness

_________________
a sweet boy with a friendly disposition and a good sense of humor


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What has Covid taught you about anything?
PostPosted: Tue June 02, 2020 4:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 11626
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
Mickey wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
That as a country we were way better placed to beat this thing than I first thought. Oh and generally people will look out for each other and show compassion more than I had expected too. Maybe I'm just too cynical for my own good


Holy shit how do I get your consciousness

I'm talking broad strokes here - yeah there's been a few people around here ruining things for the masses, and one of my mates complaining about the lock-down and our 'Communist' government, but on the whole I've been impressed by everyone

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What has Covid taught you about anything?
PostPosted: Tue June 02, 2020 4:23 am 
Offline
User avatar
for those who
are not...shall be
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 7:30 am
Posts: 13559
Location: here
I learned there is alot of people in the world

_________________
Argo wrote:
Once when I was 7 or 8 my parents got in a fight at the library & told me they were going to get a divorce. I insisted on bringing this big stick home with us. They are still together & I have no idea where the stick is. Also I'm a librarian now


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What has Covid taught you about anything?
PostPosted: Tue June 02, 2020 4:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 6:02 am
Posts: 6905
Location: I am taking care of some ducks
Rangi Guy wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
That as a country we were way better placed to beat this thing than I first thought. Oh and generally people will look out for each other and show compassion more than I had expected too. Maybe I'm just too cynical for my own good


Holy shit how do I get your consciousness

I'm talking broad strokes here - yeah there's been a few people around here ruining things for the masses, and one of my mates complaining about the lock-down and our 'Communist' government, but on the whole I've been impressed by everyone


So the answer I'm hearing is "leave the US"

_________________
a sweet boy with a friendly disposition and a good sense of humor


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What has Covid taught you about anything?
PostPosted: Tue June 02, 2020 4:51 am 
Offline
User avatar
for those who
are not...shall be
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 7:30 am
Posts: 13559
Location: here
I learned that just because you rank things in a line doesn't make each thing to each other relative

_________________
Argo wrote:
Once when I was 7 or 8 my parents got in a fight at the library & told me they were going to get a divorce. I insisted on bringing this big stick home with us. They are still together & I have no idea where the stick is. Also I'm a librarian now


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What has Covid taught you about anything?
PostPosted: Tue June 02, 2020 4:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu February 02, 2017 10:39 am
Posts: 3433
Location: Most likely at the office...
That I'm very lucky to live where I do. That I don't need to eat out anywhere near as much as I usually do. That there really is not that big of a deal for many people to wfh and that I think there may be a serious glut of office space in the future. That I'm fortunate to have an excellent client base who, as a whole, aren't particularly greedy nor aggressive. That I feel we could all slow down a bit more from time to time.

_________________
Free boops today.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What has Covid taught you about anything?
PostPosted: Tue June 02, 2020 4:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
for those who
are not...shall be
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 7:30 am
Posts: 13559
Location: here
Higgs wrote:
That I'm very lucky to live where I do. That I don't need to eat out anywhere near as much as I usually do. That there really is not that big of a deal for many people to wfh and that I think there may be a serious glut of office space in the future. That I'm fortunate to have an excellent client base who, as a whole, aren't particularly greedy nor aggressive. That I feel we could all slow down a bit more from time to time.

Awfh

_________________
Argo wrote:
Once when I was 7 or 8 my parents got in a fight at the library & told me they were going to get a divorce. I insisted on bringing this big stick home with us. They are still together & I have no idea where the stick is. Also I'm a librarian now


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What has Covid taught you about anything?
PostPosted: Tue June 02, 2020 1:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Not as great as you think
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 14879
Location: Growing dick, fixing and filing things.
That Trump’s base is aging and they’ll mostly die off if we can just hang on a little longer

_________________
PM me for tips on writing a great signature.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What has Covid taught you about anything?
PostPosted: Tue June 02, 2020 1:51 pm 
Online
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 14, 2020 5:06 pm
Posts: 911
Location: northwest midwest
That I'm a humanist who hates or distrusts 99% of other humans.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What has Covid taught you about anything?
PostPosted: Tue June 02, 2020 3:01 pm 
Online
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 6286
that my general adult life of not liking to go out just to go out has paid off in spades

_________________
doug rr wrote:
i was busy grilling meat...i'll try to keep up..i could use some help from you cunts when its busy though


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What has Covid taught you about anything?
PostPosted: Tue June 02, 2020 3:01 pm 
Online
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 6286
that my general adult life of not liking to go out just to go out has paid off in spades

_________________
doug rr wrote:
i was busy grilling meat...i'll try to keep up..i could use some help from you cunts when its busy though


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What has Covid taught you about anything?
PostPosted: Tue June 02, 2020 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 64328
We get it, peeps

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What has Covid taught you about anything?
PostPosted: Tue June 02, 2020 3:02 pm 
Online
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 6286
my mouse hates the desktop of my work desk and continually double posts for me :(

_________________
doug rr wrote:
i was busy grilling meat...i'll try to keep up..i could use some help from you cunts when its busy though


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What has Covid taught you about anything?
PostPosted: Tue June 02, 2020 4:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 38317
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
I’ve been generally surprised at the broad number of people eager to put ideology above science.


Last edited by tragabigzanda on Tue June 02, 2020 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What has Covid taught you about anything?
PostPosted: Tue June 02, 2020 4:24 pm 
Offline
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:53 pm
Posts: 15900
Location: I am taking care of some ducks
That...nope nothing

_________________
a sweet boy with a friendly disposition and a good sense of humor


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What has Covid taught you about anything?
PostPosted: Tue June 02, 2020 8:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:17 pm
Posts: 4616
Location: right there
Bammer wrote:
That Trump’s base is aging and they’ll mostly die off if we can just hang on a little longer

This isn't true at all

_________________
bada wrote:
Cause the two girls on the board voted for the rapey song.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What has Covid taught you about anything?
PostPosted: Tue June 02, 2020 8:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 38317
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
doone wrote:
Bammer wrote:
That Trump’s base is aging and they’ll mostly die off if we can just hang on a little longer

This isn't true at all

And on the contrary, there's some recent reporting that indicates the elderly voters might actually turn the tide on his re-election chances (1, 2).


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Monkey_Driven, Rob, Strat, surfndestroy and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Mon September 28, 2020 1:16 pm