The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2921 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 147  Next
 Post subject: Bill Cosby's Pudding Pop & Other Sexual Assault Stuff
PostPosted: Sun November 16, 2014 9:57 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/11/13/bill-cosby-raped-me-why-did-it-take-30-years-for-people-to-believe-my-story/?tid=pm_pop

:finger:

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

Last edited by 96583UP on Wed August 19, 2020 2:30 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Bill Cosby's pudding pop
PostPosted: Mon November 17, 2014 3:35 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

PostPosted: Tue November 18, 2014 2:58 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Tue November 18, 2014 3:09 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue November 18, 2014 5:19 am 
Future Drummer

Yikes.

PostPosted: Tue November 18, 2014 2:31 pm 
Rank This Poster

one of my favorite MF DOOM lyrics contains a reference to the cosby sweater; villiany indeed

PostPosted: Tue November 18, 2014 4:03 pm 
Site Admin

I guess what I'm learning from this is there is indeed a time to joke about rape--when you're making a rapist the butt of your jokes.

PostPosted: Tue November 18, 2014 8:30 pm 
post-structuralist

Green Habit wrote:
I guess what I'm learning from this is there is indeed a time to joke about rape--when you're making a rapist the butt of your jokes.

i don't know, nick... I always loved bill cosby and his routines were always present in my childhood either being told around the dinner table or listened to at a friends house, or watching his show on tv.

I was very sorry about his son's tragic death and felt badly for him.

I looked at cosby as being a real role model, so reading about all this shit that's raining down about him now - it's heartbreaking on some level because you don't want to see these people who you idolize be made human and base and have dark complexities to them that we're better off not knowing.

I don't really know how to think of this guy anymore other than his behavior was despicable towards all these women, and i believe it to be a fair recounting by all of them what he did to them. so what do you do now? laugh I guess... because what else is there?

Spoiler: show
people change. people stay the same. people are so often disappointing - random PM, person unnamed

PostPosted: Tue November 18, 2014 9:14 pm 
Rank This Poster

malice wrote:
Green Habit wrote:

i don't know, nick... I always loved bill cosby and his routines were always present in my childhood either being told around the dinner table or listened to at a friends house, or watching his show on tv.

I looked at cosby as being a real role model, so reading about all this shit that's raining down about him now - it's heartbreaking on some level because you don't want to see these people who you idolize be made human and base and have dark complexities to them that we're better off not knowing.

I don't really know how to think of this guy anymore other than his behavior was despicable towards all these women, and i believe it to be a fair recounting by all of them what he did to them. so what do you do now? laugh I guess... because what else is there?

rape is not funny, malice

PostPosted: Tue November 18, 2014 9:20 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

malice wrote:
you idolize be made human and base

PostPosted: Tue November 18, 2014 9:22 pm 
Rank This Poster

I DEBASE YOU MAKE YOU HUMAN YOU ARE ANGEL NOW

PostPosted: Tue November 18, 2014 9:29 pm 
post-structuralist

i instantly regretted using the words human and base

people change. people stay the same. people are so often disappointing - random PM, person unnamed

PostPosted: Tue November 18, 2014 9:30 pm 
Rank This Poster

Human Debaser

PostPosted: Tue November 18, 2014 9:49 pm 
Site Admin

malice wrote:
Green Habit wrote:

I guess the lesson here is that you really can never truly know everything about a person, and certainly a celebrity. As another example, Joe Paterno was one of the most respected college football coaches in history, but he ended up going down as someone who helped cover up a child rapist.

It does seem like a lot of these skeletons are really coming out from the Silent Generation though. Woody Allen's another case that comes to mind.

PostPosted: Tue November 18, 2014 9:54 pm 
Rank This Poster

Green Habit wrote:
It does seem like a lot of these skeletons are really coming out from the Silent Generation though. Woody Allen's another case that comes to mind.

i wonder what horrible secrets doug rr is harboring

PostPosted: Tue November 18, 2014 10:52 pm 
post-structuralist

here's a bunch of thoughts that this has brought up. I don't think there's any point here, and I don't think most of them are connected in a logical fashion, but here they are anyway:

Joe Pa is an excellent example of this too - and having worked at PSU for a few years myself, i was very aware of what kind of effect it must have had on the population of that area when all that happened- there was a lot of discussion on whether Joe Pa should have been demonized or not among the people i talked to at work (in Boston: I moved years before that scandal happened) and among my old boyfriend and his family, who are all from PA but not Central PA.
the final analysis was kind of a non-event though since Joe Pa died soon after the story broke, and i think all I remember is Graham Spanier resigned and the statue of Joe Pa was taken down - which I'm not sure how I feel about that either.

the real problem with 'celebrity' is that we have created it at all.

people are no better or worse than anyone due to the amount of notoriety they gain or make for themselves.

people are not all good or all bad as we'd like them to be.

rape and abuse are always terrible actions, and they point to the truly animal nature of all humans.

MLK Jr. was adulterous, so was JFK, everyone is horrible on some level.
I still don't know if that negates what they contribute to the world.

I don't know if the art that's created by the same people who commit monstrous acts can be thrown out a window as garbage or not either.

hell, I was pretty upset when OJ Simpson first was revealed as an insane person who brutally murdered his wife and her friend.

these things are not shocking events to us because we hear about it so much by so many people via so many different mediums.
I think they do shock and anger us though, because they shake our desire to believe we're better than that and want to believe that art or great contributions to the society should be made by people who are better than us.

some story (maybe years ago on 60 Minutes?) on the trials at Nuremberg told of how one of the survivors watched in the jury room audience as one of the Nazi war criminals was being questioned and the survivor fell onto the floor weeping during the trial.

when asked later about why he'd done that he said because it hit him right then how that man on the stand, that Nazi was the same as him. and he (the survivor) could have been just as capable of carrying out terrible acts against others himself if he were given the correct set of circumstances.

I don't look to compare holocaust with drugging and raping women, or to sexual abuse of young boys either - i only mean to point out that what we hate about all these things is how starkly they force us to become aware of how completely normal everyone is, and that 'normal' includes a wide range of abuse and monstrosity because we're not angelic by nature. we're animals that have learned to talk and read and write and create so we try to ignore the so far undeveloped side of ourselves - that side that rapes and kills and hates and abuses other people for power and dominance.

all art comes out of that.
all comedy
all greatness too

it's sick and sad and makes me reexamine my own desire to create and be a good human being, but I'd rather question it all than have a set in stone response to any of it because, well, - - - - - - -

PostPosted: Wed November 19, 2014 1:59 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

malice wrote:

MLK Jr. was adulterous, so was JFK, everyone is horrible on some level.
I still don't know if that negates what they contribute to the world.

it definitely doesn't debase their achievements. but if they were rapists it might. they were promiscuous, which is nowhere near being a rapist.

Cosby is not just a guy that likes to get his knob waxed; he's a psychopath. he has plodded around on stage for decades carrying on a character that that oozes so-called superior values.

and then what does he do offstage?

he gives women pills and sticks his erection inside of them

What's even more incredible about this terrible two-faced shithead is that it's not just like this was a 'thing from the 70s and 80s' when chauvinism still ruled the media world and 'he was young guy and on drugs too' and 'everyone was on something' etc etc. One of these accusations was from 2005.

So hopefully it's just a matter of time until witnesses come forward and dime this fucker out.

Then he can go to jail and get raped all night long.

PostPosted: Wed November 19, 2014 2:57 am 
Future Drummer

Adultery isn't really in the same ballpark as this. It's shitty for sure, but much more understandable/forgivable.

PostPosted: Wed November 19, 2014 3:04 am 
post-structuralist

you guys sure do know how to zero in on the heart of my post

PostPosted: Wed November 19, 2014 3:20 am 
Future Drummer

malice wrote:
you guys sure do know how to zero in on the heart of my post

Just stating a quick and meaningless opinion, not really implying that's all you said. Sorry if it came off that way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2921 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 147  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate