The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 164  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 02, 2020 1:33 am 
Offline
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:53 pm
Posts: 17252
Location: FM radio
96583UP wrote:
i am surprised at this point a counter-protest has not been organized and collided in a mass brawl

That has happened many times in many cities. It's called police in riot gear


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 02, 2020 1:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 10, 2013 2:19 am
Posts: 6155
Location: SOUTH PORTLAND
Can we talk about the skirt/shoe combo on this person?

Where's Chud?

Also, to be clear, college education for everyone is not the outcome we're seeking with this movement.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 02, 2020 1:36 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 27055
Location: Illinois
The Argonaut wrote:
96583UP wrote:
i am surprised at this point a counter-protest has not been organized and collided in a mass brawl

That has happened many times in many cities. It's called police in riot gear


Just run them over

_________________
Dick/Balls


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 02, 2020 1:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 27055
Location: Illinois
elliseamos wrote:
Can we talk about the skirt/shoe combo on this person?

Where's Chud?

Also, to be clear, college education for everyone is not the outcome we're seeking with this movement.


Abolish college

_________________
Dick/Balls


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 02, 2020 1:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 21700
verb_to_trust wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:
96583UP wrote:
i am surprised at this point a counter-protest has not been organized and collided in a mass brawl

That has happened many times in many cities. It's called police in riot gear


Just run them over


yeah i was thinking citizens

like white lives matter

or standard MAGA people

surprised they haven't intentionally scheduled their own march that just so happens to collide with a BLM march

they seemed pretty adamant about getting out protesting together to 'open up the country'

_________________
All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 02, 2020 1:39 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 21700
verb_to_trust wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
Can we talk about the skirt/shoe combo on this person?

Where's Chud?

Also, to be clear, college education for everyone is not the outcome we're seeking with this movement.


Abolish college


if anything that guy highlights why liberal arts should be replaced with plumbing and drywall studies

_________________
All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 02, 2020 1:39 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 27055
Location: Illinois
MAGA are cowards

_________________
Dick/Balls


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 02, 2020 1:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 21700
really that's it, isn't it?

now is their chance

their 'enemy' is visible

and looking for a fight

no more blaming the amorphous NYTimes / liberal elites in conceptual form

their 'problem' is right there - in one bigass loud crowd on the street

hard to miss

and instead of getting up in their business, they are just sitting idle and letting them run amok unchecked

_________________
All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 02, 2020 5:55 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 23903
University of Wisconsin students call for removal of Abraham Lincoln statue on Madison campus


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 02, 2020 6:14 am 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:41 am
Posts: 3070
verb_to_trust wrote:
MAGA are cowards


Maybe a little of column A and a little of column B. They are not well organized, and don't have national lawyer guild "observers" or bail funds.

Proud boys and Patriot Prayer tried, and largely succumed to prosecution.

If they leave their suburbs to counter protest in the urban core, they will find antagonistic DAs. They will also find that there will be plenty of footage of their misdeeds and very little of their opponents.

This all loops back to lack of organization and an expectation that certain norms will be maintained by momentum.

Lastly, they tend not to be 20 somethings and have careers and property that could be lost.

There's an assymetric threat profile. How many academics are rioting with no fear of job loss? We give lefty domestic terrorists professorships.

If Mickey can molotov a cop car, he might just get his tenure early.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 02, 2020 10:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 13467
Location: Oslo, Norway
spike wrote:


is there any statue of people from the 19th century someone doesn't want to tear down?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 02, 2020 1:18 pm 
Offline
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 9267
spike wrote:



Quote:
replacing the statue with someone “who stands for the justice of all people.”



The only possible choice:



Image

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 02, 2020 1:24 pm 
Offline
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Thu April 21, 2016 12:19 am
Posts: 6340


(From a couple years ago)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 02, 2020 2:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 6:02 am
Posts: 8920
Location: Tristes Tropiques
simple schoolboy wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
MAGA are cowards


Maybe a little of column A and a little of column B. They are not well organized, and don't have national lawyer guild "observers" or bail funds.

Proud boys and Patriot Prayer tried, and largely succumed to prosecution.

If they leave their suburbs to counter protest in the urban core, they will find antagonistic DAs. They will also find that there will be plenty of footage of their misdeeds and very little of their opponents.

This all loops back to lack of organization and an expectation that certain norms will be maintained by momentum.

Lastly, they tend not to be 20 somethings and have careers and property that could be lost.

There's an assymetric threat profile. How many academics are rioting with no fear of job loss? We give lefty domestic terrorists professorships.

If Mickey can molotov a cop car, he might just get his tenure early.


One of the more deranged, delusional posts I've seen here.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 02, 2020 2:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 20885
Image

_________________
(patriotic choking noises)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 02, 2020 2:07 pm 
Offline
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 9267
Mickey wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
MAGA are cowards


Maybe a little of column A and a little of column B. They are not well organized, and don't have national lawyer guild "observers" or bail funds.

Proud boys and Patriot Prayer tried, and largely succumed to prosecution.

If they leave their suburbs to counter protest in the urban core, they will find antagonistic DAs. They will also find that there will be plenty of footage of their misdeeds and very little of their opponents.

This all loops back to lack of organization and an expectation that certain norms will be maintained by momentum.

Lastly, they tend not to be 20 somethings and have careers and property that could be lost.

There's an assymetric threat profile. How many academics are rioting with no fear of job loss? We give lefty domestic terrorists professorships.

If Mickey can molotov a cop car, he might just get his tenure early.


One of the more deranged, delusional posts I've seen here.


Yup. You can't get tenure without at least one statue tear-down.

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 02, 2020 2:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 6:02 am
Posts: 8920
Location: Tristes Tropiques
I wonder if learning what academia is really like would be upsetting to you guys. There's like two dudes in the entire country who do riots, otherwise it's a bunch of libs who make Facebook posts


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 02, 2020 2:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 20885
“The poor Proud Boys tried and succumbed. It’s not their fault. They face disproportionate challenges, because they own property and are absolute human wreckage.”

_________________
(patriotic choking noises)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 02, 2020 2:38 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:41 am
Posts: 3070
McParadigm wrote:
“The poor Proud Boys tried and succumbed. It’s not their fault. They face disproportionate challenges, because they own property and are absolute human wreckage.”


The Proud Boys and Patriot Prayer groups are the only vaguely righty groups I am aware of that even bother with protests/ inevitable street fighting. The march for life and other mainstream righty protests are too mundane and ineffective to even get "diversity of tactics" shit aimed against it.

Proud Boys/ PP are also the only ones too dumb to see that there is no upside. Those with shit to lose stay home.

IF the right could organize in a way to mitigate the risks of street action, but more importantly, organize pressure campaigns (see sleeping giants) maybe they wouldn't be so incredibly feckless and doomed.

Separate from all that, certain kinds of lefty political violence are quickly forgotten and forgiven: see the SDS/ Weather Underground.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 02, 2020 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 20885
The reality is that it’s hard to produce protests of significant size without a hell of a lot of young people involved. Fewer than 1/3 of those who say they protested in recent months was over the age of 40. Perhaps more importantly, the average age of an organizer is 28.

The current conservative movement is far too dependent on the over 50 crowd to expect that it can deliver an effective protest movement of its own.

_________________
(patriotic choking noises)


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 164  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: blueviper and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed March 03, 2021 4:29 am