Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: The Protest Thread

Wed August 26, 2020 9:30 pm

Bi_3 wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
blueviper wrote:Yeah, how can it be self defense if you drove to a heated protest area with a gun and basically put yourself into a position to use the gun?

If he lived on that street and was on his porch or at his door watching the protests protecting his house, it's probably a different story. But I think he's in trouble on this one.

That's not the basis for self defense at all. Self defense doesn't fly out the window because you go to a "heated area".

That and it only takes one bigot (or gun nut) to acquit and every arson/assault/looting the protestors commit from here is making more of them.

In a big fan of jury nullification, so the more the merrier.

Wed August 26, 2020 9:36 pm

B wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
B wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:

Are we calling that video self-defense?

You've fulfilled your duty to retreat* if you're flat on your ass. Getting hit in the head and having another dude pull a handgun on you (after trying to retreat/ de-escalate) yeah, thats self defense.

Things change if the first shooting was not justified, but he appears to have been chased by some people in that incident as well. Have no idea what transpired after he ran around that car, however.

*Wisconsin is not a stand-your-ground state

I am curious about this kids parents. They bought him an AR and just let him take it wherever at all hours? I wonder if they will face any charges. In CA, if a minor takes a firearm from your residence to a public place, thats a paddlin'

I suppose the case is going to depend on what happened leading up to that video. That's a guy in the middle of a riot? protest? something? with a gun. How'd he get there? Was he threatening people with the gun? I don't know the answer to these questions, but I don't imagine it's wrong for the authorities to ask them.

Other videos fill in most of those blanks, though not all.

Wed August 26, 2020 9:39 pm

The main question I have is how he got separated from the group. Given the way the guy who got shot first was acting in earlier videos, you'll have a hard time convincing a jury that the shooter was the aggressor without more proof.

Wed August 26, 2020 10:14 pm

Probably fair to mention here that six NBA teams and at least one MLB team are, it seems, on strike tonight.

Wed August 26, 2020 10:38 pm

Mickey wrote:Probably fair to mention here that six NBA teams and at least one MLB team are, it seems, on strike tonight.

Well bless their precious little pandering hearts!

Wed August 26, 2020 10:44 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:The main question I have is how he got separated from the group. Given the way the guy who got shot first was acting in earlier videos, you'll have a hard time convincing a jury that the shooter was the aggressor without more proof.

The boogaloo boys disavowed him. They claimed he showed up alone and just wandered up to them at some point. He may have just been hanging out with them at the gas station and then wandered off by himself at some point. Per Facebook, the shooter claimed to be part of the Kenoshaw Guardians, whatever that is.

Wed August 26, 2020 10:48 pm

simple schoolboy wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:The main question I have is how he got separated from the group. Given the way the guy who got shot first was acting in earlier videos, you'll have a hard time convincing a jury that the shooter was the aggressor without more proof.

The boogaloo boys disavowed him. They claimed he showed up alone and just wandered up to them at some point. He may have just been hanging out with them at the gas station and then wandered off by himself at some point. Per Facebook, the shooter claimed to be part of the Kenoshaw Guardians, whatever that is.

Someone interviewed him earlier in the night, but I don't think the full thing is up yet. There are a few clips. He doesn't seem like someone looking to start a fight and seems pretty level headed, but who knows.

Wed August 26, 2020 11:26 pm

Mickey wrote:Probably fair to mention here that six NBA teams and at least one MLB team are, it seems, on strike tonight.

Update--four baseball teams, and the NBA players are meeting tonight to discuss further action.

Wed August 26, 2020 11:39 pm

macphisto wrote:

pandering to sports rubes who only want to watch sports and not politics?

Yea.Totally.

Wed August 26, 2020 11:49 pm

And nothing of value was lost

Thu August 27, 2020 12:12 am

Thu August 27, 2020 12:17 am

Thu August 27, 2020 12:19 am

Strat wrote:
macphisto wrote:

Yea.Totally.

The “sports rubes” have been tuning out in droves over this kind of woke BS being forced on them when they just wanna relax with some sportsball. Best of luck to the leagues, teams, and their sponsors. Like, totally.

Thu August 27, 2020 12:21 am

macphisto wrote:
Strat wrote:
macphisto wrote:

Yea.Totally.

The “sports rubes” have been tuning out in droves over this kind of woke BS being forced on them when they just wanna relax with some sportsball. Best of luck to the leagues, teams, and their sponsors. Like, totally.

Thanks for proving my point. Who the fuck are they pandering to? Perhaps they actually just give a fuck. You should try it some time.

Thu August 27, 2020 12:37 am

Wow, "get woke go broke", huh, corporate America?

Thu August 27, 2020 12:42 am

BurtReynolds wrote:Wow, "get woke go broke", huh, corporate America?

At what point does burt give a shit about something? What makes burt really upset? What makes his heart tingle. I want to know!

Thu August 27, 2020 12:44 am

Strat wrote:

At what point does burt give a shit about something? What makes burt really upset? What makes his heart tingle. I want to know!

Maybe if you ever read my posts, and had more than two brain cells, you might see what I'm passionate about.

Thu August 27, 2020 12:44 am

BurtReynolds wrote:
Strat wrote:

Maybe if you ever read my posts, and had more than two brain cells, you might see what I'm passionate about.

Destruction, death, sadness, memes, cartoons.

Got it

Thu August 27, 2020 12:45 am

It's like i'm talking to a little baby.

Thu August 27, 2020 12:48 am

BurtReynolds wrote:It's like i'm talking to a little baby.

give me your nipple so that i may suck on it
Post a reply