Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: The Protest Thread

Wed August 26, 2020 5:18 am

They're finding out.

Wed August 26, 2020 5:29 am

That’s what happens when you fuck around.

Wed August 26, 2020 5:29 am

Meanwhile...

Wed August 26, 2020 5:37 am

Mostly peaceful protest

Wed August 26, 2020 5:59 am

closer video
Spoiler: show

Wed August 26, 2020 6:39 am

It's not even midnight here yet.

Wed August 26, 2020 6:53 am

Should I go to war, or should I let war come to me?

Wed August 26, 2020 7:33 am

macphisto wrote:Should I go to war, or should I let war come to me?

Take to the rooftops if you live in the wrong city. Otherwise, watch and wait.
Last edited by BurtReynolds on Wed August 26, 2020 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed August 26, 2020 8:11 am

Early vids seem to show the guy who got half his arm blown off was armed as he was attacking the rifle shooter, who may be the same guy who shot another guy in the head who was involved in the trashing a car lot, who may be the same guy threatening the armed guys protecting a business and literally daring them to shoot him.

Or none of this is true.

Crazy.

Wed August 26, 2020 8:50 am

Wed August 26, 2020 9:10 am

Mickey wrote:Being more concerned with the response to the shooting than the shooting itself is so on-brand for this board.

This post gets better with age

Wed August 26, 2020 12:06 pm

looks like self defense in both cases to me. Of course, that won't stop the media narrative from being "Deranged white supremacist opens fire on peaceful protesters" today.

Wed August 26, 2020 2:16 pm

Bi_3 wrote:
Mickey wrote:Being more concerned with the response to the shooting than the shooting itself is so on-brand for this board.

This post gets better with age

Yeah for sure man, I definitely meant that post to cover *any* developments in Kenosha and not the specific decision in the wake of another police shooting to post about the protest and not the shooting itself--the response of "oh fuck this is going to get out of hand" and not "oh fuck something bad happened here." The fact that it has escalated two days later doesn't make skipping over Blake's shooting any less representative of the overt biases on display in this thread over the last few months!

Wed August 26, 2020 2:32 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:

I don't know any details of the shooting, but that video doesn't show jack shit.

Wed August 26, 2020 2:34 pm

B wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

I don't know any details of the shooting, but that video doesn't show jack shit.

It just ties the events to a location. Kinda minor one. Now watch the others.

Wed August 26, 2020 2:59 pm

This is good. Things are really starting to move in the right direction and peace is just around the corner!

Wed August 26, 2020 3:09 pm

macphisto wrote:

Jesus.

If the cops weren't so busy shooting unarmed black men, maybe some of them could go clear the protesters out of that diner.

Wed August 26, 2020 3:11 pm

B wrote:If the cops weren't so busy shooting unarmed black men, maybe some of them could go clear the protesters out of that diner.
By use of force?

Wed August 26, 2020 3:15 pm

Sadly that video will probably do more to panic Washington elites into doing something about these idiots than a dozen videos of blue collar and small business owners getting beaten to a pulp and their livelihoods destroyed.

Wed August 26, 2020 3:18 pm

surfndestroy wrote:
B wrote:If the cops weren't so busy shooting unarmed black men, maybe some of them could go clear the protesters out of that diner.
By use of force?

non-lethal?
Post a reply