The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1542 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Sat August 01, 2020 2:31 pm 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 29783
Location: the beach
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Sat August 01, 2020 3:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 19956
Bi_3 wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
When body cams provide too much accountability



Why would this decision not also apply to private individuals live streaming? No expectation of privacy in public, so why does it matter who is livestreaming?



It's the easiest way to reduce crime: eliminate evidence it ever happened
This seems like a mistake. I mean, it's distinctly different than police usage of "Ring" units in neighborhoods,
which is what I'm thinking is the parrellel the ACLU is drawing.


Didnt the ACLU recently say they were putting antiracism over civil liberties? Something like they would no longer defend hate speech?

I honestly don’t know if they did. Google it and let us know.

In the meantime, I’m unclear why the distinction between “a government enforcement agency should be documenting its behaviors during protests for accountability purposes,” and “that agency shouldn’t be live streaming footage in real time” is at all complex.

_________________
(patriotic choking noises)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Sat August 01, 2020 3:51 pm 
Offline
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 8122
McParadigm wrote:

**snip**

In the meantime, I’m unclear why the distinction between “a government enforcement agency should be documenting its behaviors during protests for accountability purposes,” and “that footage shouldn’t be live-streamed in real time” is at all complex.



Me too. Both should mandated to ensure honest and complete disclosure to the public. We cannot continue to allow selective edits on socials to be used to manipulate public opinion, so live streams are a good solution that allow independent sources to hold both officer and civilian accountable for their behaviors.

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Sat August 01, 2020 4:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 10, 2013 2:19 am
Posts: 5312
Location: SOUTH PORTLAND
Livestreaming is the key phrase. I got it now. Missed that distinction before.

Innocent until proven guilty should be maintained. Video could always be evidence (for either party). As opposed "to guilty because I saw you in the crowd during an active live stream." Makes much more sense to me now.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Sat August 01, 2020 6:41 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:41 am
Posts: 1901


Do not accept an object from a stranger in a crowd under the assurance that it is a 'firework' and then ignite said object and throw it at a federal building.

Whatever ATF or FBI agent that was is probably in line for a promotion.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Sat August 01, 2020 6:45 pm 
Offline
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 8122
Peaceful farmers protestors

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Sat August 01, 2020 6:49 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:41 am
Posts: 1901
Bi_3 wrote:
Peaceful farmers protestors


Also, if accurate, he "turned himself into his PO" (parole officer?). So, violated in the local system, and now serious federal time. His prefontal cortex will be fully developed by the time he gets out, so maybe he can be a productive member of society when he's 30 something.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Sat August 01, 2020 10:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 41575
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.
elliseamos wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
New protest!


Is this the Q storm?

My evidence is anecdotal, but I suspect California is a Qanon/antivaxer/pizzagate hotbed.

_________________
verily, if life had no sense, and had I to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me also.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Sat August 01, 2020 11:18 pm 
Offline
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 8122
https://www.chron.com/news/article/DHS-had-access-to-messages-from-Portland-15450458.php


Image

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Sat August 01, 2020 11:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 41575
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.
Probably just moles in the chats. I think Telegram is pretty secure. But who knows. The Deep State is probably trying out all sorts of new toys on the rioters.

_________________
verily, if life had no sense, and had I to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me also.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Sun August 02, 2020 1:23 am 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:41 am
Posts: 1901
BurtReynolds wrote:
Probably just moles in the chats. I think Telegram is pretty secure. But who knows. The Deep State is probably trying out all sorts of new toys on the rioters.


I'm sure all state and local stingrays were hoovering all text messages and call logs up.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Sun August 02, 2020 1:41 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 41575
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.



Pretty smart using horses. Bigger than bikes, but don't have the stigma of driving through crowds in a vehicle. Plus, who wants to hurt a horse?

_________________
verily, if life had no sense, and had I to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me also.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Sun August 02, 2020 2:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 18107
elliseamos wrote:
Livestreaming is the key phrase. I got it now. Missed that distinction before.

Innocent until proven guilty should be maintained. Video could always be evidence (for either party). As opposed "to guilty because I saw you in the crowd during an active live stream." Makes much more sense to me now.


good point

Spoiler: show
Image

_________________
All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Sun August 02, 2020 3:05 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 18107
BurtReynolds wrote:



Pretty smart using horses. Bigger than bikes, but don't have the stigma of driving through crowds in a vehicle. Plus, who wants to hurt a horse?


so true

the protestors wouldn't set a horse on fire

and the horses have more discipline than the protestors when it comes to non-violent confrontation

like planting a calm, experienced bouncer in front of a way-too-drunk prom queen

she can throw a few punches at him but his belly will just absorb them like a memory foam pillow while he smiles

_________________
All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Sun August 02, 2020 3:09 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 10, 2013 2:19 am
Posts: 5312
Location: SOUTH PORTLAND
96583UP wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
Livestreaming is the key phrase. I got it now. Missed that distinction before.

Innocent until proven guilty should be maintained. Video could always be evidence (for either party). As opposed "to guilty because I saw you in the crowd during an active live stream." Makes much more sense to me now.


good point

Spoiler: show
Image
I'm pretty sure that kid's smug face is the reason innocent until PROVEN guilty is so important.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Sun August 02, 2020 3:10 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 10, 2013 2:19 am
Posts: 5312
Location: SOUTH PORTLAND
96583UP wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:



Pretty smart using horses. Bigger than bikes, but don't have the stigma of driving through crowds in a vehicle. Plus, who wants to hurt a horse?


so true

the protestors wouldn't set a horse on fire

and the horses have more discipline than the protestors when it comes to non-violent confrontation

like planting a calm, experienced bouncer in front of a way-too-drunk prom queen

she can throw a few punches at him but his belly will just absorb them like a memory foam pillow while he smiles
I wouldn't want to be around when the rider peppersprays his own horse though.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Sun August 02, 2020 3:29 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 18107
elliseamos wrote:
96583UP wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:



Pretty smart using horses. Bigger than bikes, but don't have the stigma of driving through crowds in a vehicle. Plus, who wants to hurt a horse?


so true

the protestors wouldn't set a horse on fire

and the horses have more discipline than the protestors when it comes to non-violent confrontation

like planting a calm, experienced bouncer in front of a way-too-drunk prom queen

she can throw a few punches at him but his belly will just absorb them like a memory foam pillow while he smiles
I wouldn't want to be around when the rider peppersprays his own horse though.


the horses usually have eye protectors

_________________
All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Sun August 02, 2020 3:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 10, 2013 2:19 am
Posts: 5312
Location: SOUTH PORTLAND
96583UP wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
96583UP wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:



Pretty smart using horses. Bigger than bikes, but don't have the stigma of driving through crowds in a vehicle. Plus, who wants to hurt a horse?


so true

the protestors wouldn't set a horse on fire

and the horses have more discipline than the protestors when it comes to non-violent confrontation

like planting a calm, experienced bouncer in front of a way-too-drunk prom queen

she can throw a few punches at him but his belly will just absorb them like a memory foam pillow while he smiles
I wouldn't want to be around when the rider peppersprays his own horse though.


the horses usually have eye protectors

Ok, insert "tazes" or "pepperballs" or any other inept thing the dunce on the horse could do to the horse whilst riding and "dominating."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Sun August 02, 2020 3:46 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 18107
elliseamos wrote:
96583UP wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
96583UP wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:



Pretty smart using horses. Bigger than bikes, but don't have the stigma of driving through crowds in a vehicle. Plus, who wants to hurt a horse?


so true

the protestors wouldn't set a horse on fire

and the horses have more discipline than the protestors when it comes to non-violent confrontation

like planting a calm, experienced bouncer in front of a way-too-drunk prom queen

she can throw a few punches at him but his belly will just absorb them like a memory foam pillow while he smiles
I wouldn't want to be around when the rider peppersprays his own horse though.


the horses usually have eye protectors

Ok, insert "tazes" or "pepperballs" or any other inept thing the dunce on the horse could do to the horse whilst riding and "dominating."


horse cops aren't dunces

dunces don't get assigned police horses

Spoiler: show
Image

_________________
All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Sun August 02, 2020 4:22 am 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:41 am
Posts: 1901
BurtReynolds wrote:



Pretty smart using horses. Bigger than bikes, but don't have the stigma of driving through crowds in a vehicle. Plus, who wants to hurt a horse?


Plus, they can use sabre length batons. Such leverage, much energy. Bonus ability: kicking anyone getting close to its rear.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1542 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri August 07, 2020 10:28 am