The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3529 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170 ... 177  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 6:38 pm 
Future Drummer

BurtReynolds wrote:
Rob wrote:
"If you go looking for trouble among young men who want to cause trouble, you will find it" is pretty hard to argue with, I agree.

And you'll also agree that documenting it is perfectly fine, right?

Nothing wrong with documenting things, I'm just curious about the "content creation" aspect to this guy, which I've alluded to many times already.

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 6:41 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bi_3 wrote:
Do you have examples of these edited video so I can understand?

I mean...
BurtReynolds wrote:
Does Ngo sometimes clip videos and generally present a biased view? Of course he does.

Here's a very ordinary Andy Ngo story: in May of 2019, he tweeted about and shared video of an unprovoked assault by left wing activists. He asks for help identifying someone, suggests antifa were there to "plan an attack," and names the business itself, more or less accusing them of being in bed with antifa.

Please pause here to draw conclusions about the unfolding of this event, given these and only these tweets.

Spoiler: show
Anyways, here's the video of him hanging with the Patriot Prayer crew right before the brawl. They are seen suiting up, planning to instigate a confrontation, and getting horny for a fight.

“We’re the ones with the weapons here!” a man says, while he is feet away.

“There’s a hundred of them there,” replies someone else. “I’ll take the first three.” Another man checks the wind to "make sure we don't spray ourselves."

Just strolling around with Patriot Prayer as they get ready for a purposeful fight and then very journalistically never mentioning any of this in his framing of the event.

Now, you may say to this: "he was tweeting about the attack on himself, not about the event surrounding it! How is this inaccurate?"

Problem is: this is the same event from Mickey's post. He personally witnessed Patriot Prayer preparing for violence, had video of a woman being knocked unconscious by a blow to the head by a Patriot Prayer member during the fight, and his response was to name her directly and never mention the man who struck her, or to expose his audience to anything he had witnessed that couldn't be employed as anti-left wing marketing.

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 6:44 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

This thread is about to go full r-word, I can just feel it.

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 6:45 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I just wanted to talk about the soup, which was for my family.

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 6:47 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Mickey wrote:
This thread is about to go full r-word, I can just feel it.

one post up bro.

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 6:51 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Mickey wrote:
I just wanted to talk about the soup, which was for my family.

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 6:52 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Exactly!

Mickey wrote:
Andy NGO videos? Gross, let's get some different vibes in here

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 7:03 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Rob wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Rob wrote:
"If you go looking for trouble among young men who want to cause trouble, you will find it" is pretty hard to argue with, I agree.

Nothing wrong with documenting things, I'm just curious about the "content creation" aspect to this guy, which I've alluded to many times already.

One doesn't need to defend or like him and you should always assume the worst motives with anyone in the media (and he wouldn't be at the top of my list of sources for this stuff anyway). He's a biased source of information that you aren't going to get from other biased sources like CNN or NYT or whatever normie propaganda outlet you subscribe to.

What you shouldn't do is rush in to post "you posted Andy Ngo, how cringe!" rather than attacking the specific post in question Like some z-grade news radio personality. It's embarrassing and is a weak attempt to prevent people from digging further.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 7:08 pm 
Future Drummer

BurtReynolds wrote:
Rob wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Rob wrote:

One doesn't need to defend or like him and you should always assume the worst motives with anyone in the media (and he wouldn't be at the top of my list of sources for this stuff anyway). He's a biased source of information that you aren't going to get from other biased sources like CNN or NYT or whatever normie propaganda outlet you subscribe to.

What you shouldn't do is rush in to post "you posted Andy Ngo, how cringe!" rather than attacking the specific post in question Like some z-grade news radio personality. It's embarrassing and is a weak attempt to prevent people from digging further.

I specifically did the opposite and have asked you (and in general) to explain/defend the guy. I posted what I've heard, and honestly you didn't really deny any of it. You ignored McP's evidence above, and have basically confirmed he has an agenda. You can hate on cable news/papers, but he's quite literally poking a bear, suffering a consequence, and saying "see!" Wtf? Why isn't he the dumbass?

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 7:10 pm 
Future Drummer

Is that what counts as groundbreaking reporting to you?

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 7:16 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Rob wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Rob wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Rob wrote:

I specifically did the opposite and have asked you (and in general) to explain/defend the guy. I posted what I've heard, and honestly you didn't really deny any of it. You ignored McP's evidence above, and have basically confirmed he has an agenda. You can hate on cable news/papers, but he's quite literally poking a bear, suffering a consequence, and saying "see!" Wtf? Why isn't he the dumbass?

Why do I need to defend the guy? Why are you being willfully ignorant about him when you can just look at his Twitter and decide for yourself? I already said he has an agenda, just like everyone else. That doesn't mean that you can dismiss anything he posts out of hand.

And no, I don't subscribe to your "She was asking for it look what she was wearing" argument. I don't care if he's going where people who hate him and want to beat him to death are. Good for him.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 7:17 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Very cool meme Burt, great job.

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 7:19 pm 

Mickey wrote:
Very cool meme Burt, great job.

thanks bro.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 7:23 pm 
Future Drummer

So you're comparing him to a girl wearing revealing clothing and getting assaulted, ok. I don't know, dude. Seems like he's game to pick a fight and cash in on it. I'm open to just about everything, but that seems more like "info-tainment" - which is pretty popular on the right.

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 7:28 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Sorry McP, but that big reveal reminded me of this line from the campfire scene in Role Models:

"...And as the barn door creaked open, ever so slowly, standing there with the moon at his back and holding the severed head of the pediatrician's mother in his hand, was Philip, the pizza delivery boy from when they ordered pizza at the beginning of the story!"

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 7:29 pm 

Rob wrote:
So you're comparing him to a girl wearing revealing clothing and getting assaulted, ok. I don't know, dude.

I'm pointing out that your argument is the same one used to deflect blame from attackers on to victims, which it is.
Rob wrote:
Seems like he's game to pick a fight and cash in on it.

and?

Rob wrote:
I'm open to just about everything, but that seems more like "info-tainment" - which is pretty popular on the right.

It's all info-tainment. Accept this and a whole new world opens up for you.

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 7:31 pm 
Future Drummer

BurtReynolds wrote:
Rob wrote:
So you're comparing him to a girl wearing revealing clothing and getting assaulted, ok. I don't know, dude.

I'm pointing out that your argument is the same one used to deflect blame from attackers on to victims, which it is.
Rob wrote:

and?

Rob wrote:
I'm open to just about everything, but that seems more like "info-tainment" - which is pretty popular on the right.

Those Matrix movies teach not to accept it. You have a choice, Burt. That's literally the trilogy's point.

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 7:33 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 7:33 pm 

Rob wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Rob wrote:

Rob wrote:

and?

Rob wrote:

Those Matrix movies teach not to accept it. You have a choice, Burt. That's literally the trilogy's point.

:facepalm:

Who's second account are you?

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 7:34 pm 
Future Drummer

Also, you are the one suggesting the girl with revealing clothing is asking for it by comparing her to him. You have already acknowledged he picks the fight.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3529 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170 ... 177  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate