The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 177  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Sun August 16, 2020 2:38 pm 
Gone

Bi_3 wrote:
'Looting is reparations': BLM protesters gather outside Chicago PD in support of looters who ransacked city Sunday night, as organizer claims 'anything they wanted to take, they can take because these businesses have insurance'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ntown.html

First it was looting is not violence, now it's looting is morally just.

This worldview is just begging to be shot in the face. Figuratively!

PostPosted: Mon August 17, 2020 7:16 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

So peaceful, such compassionate movementism:

https://nypost.com/2020/08/17/blm-mob-beat-white-man-unconscious-after-making-him-crash-truck/

Remember when this was national news with Reginald Denny? Now? Let's all pretend this isnt happening.

PostPosted: Mon August 17, 2020 8:03 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Bi_3 wrote:

https://nypost.com/2020/08/17/blm-mob-beat-white-man-unconscious-after-making-him-crash-truck/

Remember when this was national news with Reginald Denny? Now? Let's all pretend this isnt happening.

The two teams see the same footage and interpret it differently.

Pro-protest team: you should be outraged that he was trying to run down* protesters!

Anti-protest team: looks like Reginald Denny!

These irreconcilable interpretations of the same event will end up with protesters pre-emptively shooting motorists, motorists behaving in kind or just flooring it. These things of course already have happened, and every event just convinces everyone that much more of their preferred actors aggrieved victimhood.

*I haven't seen footage of the vehicle in motion, but there is a prepacked narrative anytime a vehicle and protesters interact

PostPosted: Mon August 17, 2020 10:57 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Well, just when you thought we had hit a new low:

https://nypost.com/2020/08/13/chicago-l ... ds-inside/

PostPosted: Tue August 18, 2020 12:53 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

but Q anon, guys

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue August 18, 2020 1:10 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

none of those people are social distancing

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Tue August 18, 2020 3:24 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Bi_3 wrote:

I saw the video of the earlier interaction and him driving off. He got out of his truck, was attacked, got back in his truck, drove off and crashed. He didn't seem to be trying to run anyone over, but some of the protesters were primed to assume that was the case. After the crash, he got out of the truck, complied with their requests so sit down, and still this happened.

This rhymes a bit with Freddie Gray, but this can't be explained by negligence.

PostPosted: Tue August 18, 2020 10:00 am 
Looks Like a Cat

BurtReynolds wrote:
but Q anon, guys

There must secretly be truckloads of Feds in those areas

PostPosted: Thu August 20, 2020 1:48 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Still arsoning for Justice in Portland:

Quote:

The fire at the Multnomah Building damaged the county government’s office of community involvement, where Oregon’s first gay marriage took place and where protective gear has been distributed to try to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, said Multnomah County Chair Deborah Kafoury.

https://apnews.com/d640afdd85404f0b7ffde44eb75f9512

PostPosted: Thu August 20, 2020 7:55 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Bi_3 wrote:

Quote:

The fire at the Multnomah Building damaged the county government’s office of community involvement, where Oregon’s first gay marriage took place and where protective gear has been distributed to try to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, said Multnomah County Chair Deborah Kafoury.

Are these protestors trying to burn their way to the basement to uncover the next Pizzagate?
I wonder what their motives are for damaging that particular building.

PostPosted: Thu August 20, 2020 7:58 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

BurtReynolds wrote:
BLM activist in Portland describes a desire for wanting police officers to have been strangled by their umbilical cords at birth

I don't know why we didn't think of this method of eliminating cops sooner! :idea:

PostPosted: Thu August 20, 2020 9:09 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

The Town wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

Quote:

Are these protestors trying to burn their way to the basement to uncover the next Pizzagate?
I wonder what their motives are for damaging that particular building.

I heard that building intentionally misgendered someone.

PostPosted: Fri August 21, 2020 12:53 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/politics ... utType=amp

Protests and riots for thee, but not for me.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sun August 23, 2020 4:41 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Arson for #Justice in Denver:

https://www.9news.com/mobile/article/news/local/protests/protesters-dpd-headquarters/73-80d28d47-a77c-4c60-94c8-3e50e42f004a

Trashing a Quiznos is a sure fire way to fight white supremacy!

PostPosted: Sun August 23, 2020 6:09 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

wow, that’s sad

maybe Brat.Protestor.Org should distribute a pamphlet clarifying how franchising works, so if people think they are trashing a large corporation’s property with deep pockets, they can thoughtfully not trash it and get a law degree instead and incrementally promote tangible changes through the legal / governing system

i think knowing that the dunkin donuts is just owned by some indian dude’s family would have that affect on an angry person with rocks and spray paint

‘hey - he has debt liabilities tied to this enterprise. hmmm. I should take the LSAT’

case closed

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Mon August 24, 2020 1:01 pm 

Wisconsin

more white supremacist agitators no doubt

PostPosted: Mon August 24, 2020 1:06 pm 

the sign didn't work! How could this happen!

PostPosted: Mon August 24, 2020 1:33 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

BurtReynolds wrote:
Wisconsin

more white supremacist agitators no doubt

"People Claiming to be BLM protesters" Seems disingenuous to saddle the BLM movement because people come to their open protests and then destroy stuff. They may or may not be white supremacists. They may or my not be BLM protesters.

PostPosted: Mon August 24, 2020 3:08 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Being more concerned with the response to the shooting than the shooting itself is so on-brand for this board.

PostPosted: Mon August 24, 2020 3:13 pm 
The Master

Mickey wrote:
Being more concerned with the response to the shooting than the shooting itself is so on-brand for this board.

*burt

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 177  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate