The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3533 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163 ... 177  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Mon January 11, 2021 7:48 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Should they have parked a car bomb out front and called it in? Would that have been preferable?

PostPosted: Mon January 11, 2021 8:08 am 
mXn

McParadigm wrote:

Cool so do the inauguration on Zoom. Nothing to see here, move along.

By the way what did that mob actually do? They broke a few windows, a few of them died, and they sat at people’s desks. I mean what was the goal, hold someone hostage at knifepoint until Trump was sworn in for another term? These people ultimately just milled around for a while and took advantage of some photo ops. Fucking useless. Pointless. They are so incredibly dumb. And now some of them get to do hard time. Ha.

PostPosted: Mon January 11, 2021 8:14 am 
mXn

Higgs wrote:
Why are so many of these people convinced that Jesus/God is so invested with the US?

The place wasn't even a consideration throughout the Bible. And if people were the concern then surely really large population centres like China and India would be of far more likely interest to him/her/it.

Your first mistake here is trying to make rational sense of religious fervor. Can’t be done.

PostPosted: Mon January 11, 2021 12:49 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

B wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/in-capitol-riot-communications-between-agencies-hampered-forceful-response-11610242709

Quote:
Ms. Bowser, in a letter to federal officials Monday, urged a light security footprint for Wednesday’s protests to avoid the type of show of force that inflamed tensions during last year’s racial-justice protests.

There you go B. Not ironic at all. Nope.

I'm sure she would have wanted a lighter footstep for Trump's bible picture, but she didn't know to ask, and I wonder if they would have cared.

It would be beneficial to recall the context of that event. It was right after (~60hours) protestors had breached security fences around the White House and the President had to be moved to the bunker.. something which hadn’t happened since the Cold War and was in the midst of the most violent protests seen in the city in our lifetime:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... d-protests

I would also remind you that protestors had set fire to the church the day before:

Quote:
Reverend Rob Fisher, during the protests "a fire was lit in the nursery, in the basement ”

Heavy police action was appropriate given the situation on the ground and that similar out of control violence was raging largely unchecked across the nation.

None of this defends the humiliatingly inadequate response of law enforcement or diverts any blame from the insurrectionists or their imbecile leader and his enablers who will hopefully spend the next few decades in jail. Until we abolish prison in the name of social justice

Last edited by Bi_3 on Mon January 11, 2021 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon January 11, 2021 1:01 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Bammer wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

By the way what did that mob actually do? They broke a few windows, a few of them died, and they sat at people’s desks. I mean what was the goal, hold someone hostage at knifepoint until Trump was sworn in for another term? These people ultimately just milled around for a while and took advantage of some photo ops. Fucking useless. Pointless. They are so incredibly dumb. And now some of them get to do hard time. Ha.

What do you think they would have done if they had gotten hold of AOC?

PostPosted: Mon January 11, 2021 2:54 pm 
The Master

Bammer wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

well, they assaulted the us capitol building. that alone shouldn't be downplayed.

congress was evacuated before the terrotists could get to the chambers or offices, but let's not assume that they would've just yelled at them.

also, both police and terrorists died.

PostPosted: Mon January 11, 2021 5:25 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Quote:
An armed man fired five shots into the side of Portland’s federal courthouse on Friday, according to Oregon’s U.S. Attorney’s Office.

Cody Levi Melby, 39, reportedly climbed over the temporary security fence erected this summer to keep racial justice protesters outside the federal courthouse before he opened fire on the building, the U.S. Department of Justice said in a statement released Monday. No one was injured in the attack.

Records show Melby was also arrested in Salem by Oregon State Police on Wednesday during a pro-Trump “Stop the Steal” rally outside the Oregon State House. At that rally, attendees listened to a live broadcast of the president, who again falsely told his supporters there was widespread fraud in the 2020 general election.

Melby’s arrest in Salem followed the main protest Wednesday. Around 6 p.m., state troopers found Melby trying several doors to get into the building. He was arrested for trespassing while in possession of a firearm. He was later released from the Marion County Jail.

PostPosted: Mon January 11, 2021 5:30 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Thank God it wasn't a firecracker.

PostPosted: Mon January 11, 2021 5:33 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Quote:
The situational information report produced by the Minneapolis field office of the FBI is based on information provided by what it describes as “collaborative sources,” and was issued the week before a mob of Trump supporters violently stormed the U.S. Capitol.

PostPosted: Mon January 11, 2021 6:28 pm 
Future Drummer

McParadigm wrote:
Quote:
The situational information report produced by the Minneapolis field office of the FBI is based on information provided by what it describes as “collaborative sources,” and was issued the week before a mob of Trump supporters violently stormed the U.S. Capitol.

This is going to be a mess.

PostPosted: Mon January 11, 2021 6:53 pm 
Future Drummer

McParadigm wrote:
Quote:

Just when January was getting boring. Finally something to look forward to.

PostPosted: Tue January 12, 2021 2:46 am 
Looks Like a Cat

PostPosted: Tue January 12, 2021 2:52 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

dimejinky99 wrote:
The videos of participants being arrested and taken off planes or finding out they’re on no fly lists and freaking out, would warm the coldest of hearts all the same :)

i love this too

'you mean jist cuz i posted about overthrowing the government online, and then physically raided the Capitol building during election certification to attempt to stop the process - that makes me a terrrist? Bullshit! This is America! This is a Free Cuntry!! The greatest democrac....uh.. MAGA!'

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Tue January 12, 2021 2:53 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

send them to camp x-ray

you wanted waterboarding

you got it

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Tue January 12, 2021 2:59 am 
Production Police

96583UP wrote:
send them to camp x-ray

you wanted waterboarding

you got it

I wanted it and still haven’t gotten it yet

PostPosted: Tue January 12, 2021 3:00 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

PostPosted: Tue January 12, 2021 3:16 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Organic only? That has antifa written all over it

PostPosted: Tue January 12, 2021 3:20 am 
Production Police

Bi_3 wrote:

wease looks pissed!

PostPosted: Tue January 12, 2021 3:29 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

tragabigzanda wrote:
96583UP wrote:
send them to camp x-ray

you wanted waterboarding

you got it

i'm sure there is some DIY guide on how to do it

and then afterward you can convert the apparatus into a floating vegetable garden

PostPosted: Tue January 12, 2021 3:31 am 
Production Police

96583UP wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
96583UP wrote:
send them to camp x-ray

you wanted waterboarding

you got it

i'm sure there is some DIY guide on how to do it

and then afterward you can convert the apparatus into a floating vegetable garden

:!: Run the water over my head and into the garden, and market it as Trag's Facetastic Microgreens

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3533 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163 ... 177  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate