The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 177  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Wed August 26, 2020 3:19 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

I think people can tell the difference between those protesters and the protesters who got gassed for kneeling in the street when Trump wanted to stage a photo op.

PostPosted: Wed August 26, 2020 3:40 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

CONTEXT REMOVED BY MODERATOR

PostPosted: Wed August 26, 2020 3:43 pm 
Gone

This is why you don't let assholes who have already resisted arrest and failed to obey commands reach into their vehicles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kyle_Dinkheller
Quote:
The video recording of the murder, known as the "Dinkheller video", has become ubiquitous in U.S. police academies. According to Vox, the video's purpose in training "is to teach officers that any situation could escalate to violence. Cop killers lurk around every corner."

The video has, for instance, been adapted to include an interactive sequence in which trainees can kill Brannan before he kills Dinkheller. Police trainers use this setup to test officers' willingness to use deadly force, and to impart to them that "there could be a time when pulling the trigger is the only way".

Last edited by macphisto on Wed August 26, 2020 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed August 26, 2020 3:44 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Clearest video I could find on the first shooting (the second is clearly self defense), though there are a few different angles.

Like a dog chasing a car. What happens after you catch it?

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Wed August 26, 2020 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed August 26, 2020 3:45 pm 
Gone

simple schoolboy wrote:

PostPosted: Wed August 26, 2020 4:57 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

B wrote:
macphisto wrote:

Jesus.

If the cops weren't so busy shooting unarmed black men, maybe some of them could go clear the protesters out of that diner.

Why is this surprising? What the fuck did you think was gonna happen?

PostPosted: Wed August 26, 2020 5:51 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

tHe MeDiA nArRaTiVe

PostPosted: Wed August 26, 2020 5:57 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Mickey wrote:

tHe MeDiA nArRaTiVe

I haven't seen any good footage of what happened in the altercation with the "shoot me nigga" guy, but good luck on that second count of murder:

PostPosted: Wed August 26, 2020 6:08 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

simple schoolboy wrote:

Are we calling that video self-defense?

PostPosted: Wed August 26, 2020 6:13 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Will be interesting to see how the self defense argument holds up when it's preceded by traveling across state lines to carry a gun to defend someone else's property.

PostPosted: Wed August 26, 2020 6:18 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

B wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:

You've fulfilled your duty to retreat* if you're flat on your ass. Getting hit in the head and having another dude pull a handgun on you (after trying to retreat/ de-escalate) yeah, thats self defense.

Things change if the first shooting was not justified, but he appears to have been chased by some people in that incident as well. Have no idea what transpired after he ran around that car, however.

*Wisconsin is not a stand-your-ground state

I am curious about this kids parents. They bought him an AR and just let him take it wherever at all hours? I wonder if they will face any charges. In CA, if a minor takes a firearm from your residence to a public place, thats a paddlin'

PostPosted: Wed August 26, 2020 6:21 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

simple schoolboy wrote:
B wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:

You've fulfilled your duty to retreat* if you're flat on your ass. Getting hit in the head and having another dude pull a handgun on you (after trying to retreat/ de-escalate) yeah, thats self defense.

Things change if the first shooting was not justified, but he appears to have been chased by some people in that incident as well. Have no idea what transpired after he ran around that car, however.

*Wisconsin is not a stand-your-ground state

I am curious about this kids parents. They bought him an AR and just let him take it wherever at all hours? I wonder if they will face any charges. In CA, if a minor takes a firearm from your residence to a public place, thats a paddlin'

I suppose the case is going to depend on what happened leading up to that video. That's a guy in the middle of a riot? protest? something? with a gun. How'd he get there? Was he threatening people with the gun? I don't know the answer to these questions, but I don't imagine it's wrong for the authorities to ask them.

PostPosted: Wed August 26, 2020 6:25 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Mickey wrote:
Will be interesting to see how the self defense argument holds up when it's preceded by traveling across state lines to carry a gun to defend someone else's property.

What is the significance of traveling across state lines? I've seen a couple folks bring it up. He's also all of 20 minutes from home.

Does Wisconsin use state-line modifications for anything other than sex trafficing?

PostPosted: Wed August 26, 2020 6:26 pm 
The Master

Mickey wrote:

PostPosted: Wed August 26, 2020 7:36 pm 
Gone

Mickey wrote:
Will be interesting to see how the self defense argument holds up when it's preceded by traveling across state lines to fight communism.

PostPosted: Wed August 26, 2020 7:39 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

bet he was on his way to verb's

PostPosted: Wed August 26, 2020 7:42 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Chris_H_2 wrote:
bet he was on his way to verb's

Musket time.

PostPosted: Wed August 26, 2020 9:21 pm 
Future Drummer

Yeah, how can it be self defense if you drove to a heated protest area with a gun and basically put yourself into a position to use the gun?

If he lived on that street and was on his porch or at his door watching the protests protecting his house, it's probably a different story. But I think he's in trouble on this one.

PostPosted: Wed August 26, 2020 9:24 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

blueviper wrote:
Yeah, how can it be self defense if you drove to a heated protest area with a gun and basically put yourself into a position to use the gun?

If he lived on that street and was on his porch or at his door watching the protests protecting his house, it's probably a different story. But I think he's in trouble on this one.

That's not the basis for self defense at all. Self defense doesn't fly out the window because you go to a "heated area".

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Wed August 26, 2020 9:27 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

BurtReynolds wrote:
blueviper wrote:

That's not the basis for self defense at all. Self defense doesn't fly out the window because you go to a "heated area".

That and it only takes one bigot (or gun nut) to acquit and every arson/assault/looting the protestors commit from here is making more of them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 177  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate