The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3533 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 177  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Tue June 30, 2020 12:41 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

VinylGuy wrote:
Higgs wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

My new desktop wallpaper

I literally thought to myself "here's my cover for my 2020 mix tape" and then read your comment. A great and bizarre picture indeed.

jesus christ. That seems like a produced photo. The cast, the wardrobe...the house. Seems like something Banksy would do. And i would think jeez how lazy, so fucking on the nose.

Pink Lacoste shirt and assault rifle plus Karen with a handgun. What a year this is!

PostPosted: Tue June 30, 2020 1:12 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Higgs wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Higgs wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

My new desktop wallpaper

I literally thought to myself "here's my cover for my 2020 mix tape" and then read your comment. A great and bizarre picture indeed.

jesus christ. That seems like a produced photo. The cast, the wardrobe...the house. Seems like something Banksy would do. And i would think jeez how lazy, so fucking on the nose.

Pink Lacoste shirt and assault rifle plus Karen with a handgun. What a year this is!

i just read that mob of peaceful protestors broke down an iron gate to enter that road despite 'private property' and 'no trespassing' signs, and when the lawyer in the pink shirt who was eating dinner saw them and told them it was 'private property' someone threatened to kill him, his dog, and burn down his house.

what an asshole for attempting to deter that with his lawfully owned firearm

and - get this

look at this crazy white power shit he had the nerve to tell the news:

Quote:
Mark McCloskey, 63, told KSDK-TV he is actually supportive of the work against police brutality. In fact, as a lawyer, he represents victims of police-sanctioned violence.

“I do civil rights cases,” he said. “Right now, I’m representing a young man who was assaulted by the police who is sitting in prison right now for being involved in a car accident after which the police came in and assaulted him. It’s on video.”

“I’m not some kind of extreme, you know, anti-Black Lives Matter guy,” McCloskey continued. “I do these cases. I have been doing them for decades. I mean, I have on the wall of my conference room — I’ve got an anti-slavery broadsheet, the abolitionist broadsheet from 1832. It’s been there as long as I’ve owned this building. I mean, I’m not the enemy of people that really care about black lives, but I’m apparently the enemy of the terrorists and the Marxists that are running this organization.”

what an asshole

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Tue June 30, 2020 1:17 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

96583UP wrote:
Higgs wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Higgs wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

My new desktop wallpaper

i just read that mob of peaceful protestors broke down an iron gate to enter that road despite 'private property' and 'no trespassing' signs, and when the lawyer in the pink shirt who was eating dinner saw them and told them it was 'private property' someone threatened to kill him, his dog, and burn down his house.

and - get this

Quote:
Mark McCloskey, 63, told KSDK-TV he is actually supportive of the work against police brutality. In fact, as a lawyer, he represents victims of police-sanctioned violence.

“I do civil rights cases,” he said. “Right now, I’m representing a young man who was assaulted by the police who is sitting in prison right now for being involved in a car accident after which the police came in and assaulted him. It’s on video.”

“I’m not some kind of extreme, you know, anti-Black Lives Matter guy,” McCloskey continued. “I do these cases. I have been doing them for decades. I mean, I have on the wall of my conference room — I’ve got an anti-slavery broadsheet, the abolitionist broadsheet from 1832. It’s been there as long as I’ve owned this building. I mean, I’m not the enemy of people that really care about black lives, but I’m apparently the enemy of the terrorists and the Marxists that are running this organization.”

what an asshole

The threatening to kill his dog thing... Are the protesters upset at the cop's near monopoly on the unjustified shooting of dogs? Cops have been getting away with trespassing and shooting dogs for far too long: its our turn now!

PostPosted: Tue June 30, 2020 1:30 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

simple schoolboy wrote:
96583UP wrote:
Higgs wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Higgs wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

My new desktop wallpaper

and - get this

Quote:

what an asshole

The threatening to kill his dog thing... Are the protesters upset at the cop's near monopoly on the unjustified shooting of dogs? Cops have been getting away with trespassing and shooting dogs for far too long: its our turn now!

If that's the case I can't argue he had a right to respond the way he did - that's fucked and no one should be threatened like that.

I still hold that the graphic here is so jarring and something that 99% of people simply cannot relate to though. So glad that he had his assault rifle available to calm and diffuse the situation and ensure no one got hurt.

PostPosted: Tue June 30, 2020 1:32 am 
Gone

If someone threatened my cat I would beat them to death with my bare hands.

PostPosted: Tue June 30, 2020 1:33 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Higgs wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
96583UP wrote:
Higgs wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Higgs wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

My new desktop wallpaper

and - get this

Quote:

what an asshole

If that's the case I can't argue he had a right to respond the way he did - that's fucked and no one should be threatened like that.

I still hold that the graphic here is so jarring and something that 99% of people simply cannot relate to though. So glad that he had his assault rifle available to calm and diffuse the situation and ensure no one got hurt.

Its a claim the homeowner made in an interview, I haven't heard any audio that supports it.

PostPosted: Tue June 30, 2020 1:40 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

I appreciate that you guys in particular are living through difficult and turbulent times and that there is a lot going on and some real fear in the air. I sincerely hope that people can keep their shit together though and remember that the goal here should be peaceful change. People getting threatened, wanton damage to personal property and bringing out the guns isn't going to make anything better for anyone.

PostPosted: Tue June 30, 2020 1:41 am 
The Master

Maybe it was the couple's lifelong dream to become a meme.

PostPosted: Tue June 30, 2020 1:43 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

it doesn't matter

we have selective video of his reaction and that's all that matters

and if a peaceful group of people smashed through an iron gate and started marching toward your house en route to intimidate a person in another house along the way you would be totally cool about it too and just run inside and bring your children out front and grab your djembe and just start groovin to a crunchy beat and show THE MAN how we FIGHT THE SYSTEM

then your wife would just start hackey sacking with protestors

and you'd burn some incense and light up a huge fatty

and everyone would just totally peacefully cooperate and at the end of the day your lawn would be in great shape and everyone would be totally respectful of your bathroom leaving it in exactly the same pristine shape as before

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Tue June 30, 2020 1:48 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Higgs wrote:
I appreciate that you guys in particular are living through difficult and turbulent times and that there is a lot going on and some real fear in the air. I sincerely hope that people can keep their shit together though and remember that the goal here should be peaceful change. People getting threatened, wanton damage to personal property and bringing out the guns isn't going to make anything better for anyone.

I think the right is learning the opposite lesson here. How many counter protesters that open carried got assaulted? How many unarmed counter protesters (or bystanders) were assaulted just this week? It seems that being armed is the only way those on the right can assemble and protest.

PostPosted: Tue June 30, 2020 1:50 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Lmao all this moment was missing was some needless red scare panic but there it is!

PostPosted: Tue June 30, 2020 1:50 am 
Mind Your Tanners

What a chubby fucking dork.

PostPosted: Tue June 30, 2020 1:52 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

simple schoolboy wrote:
Higgs wrote:

I think the right is learning the opposite lesson here. How many counter protesters that open carried got assaulted? How many unarmed counter protesters (or bystanders) were assaulted just this week? It seems that being armed is the only way those on the right can assemble and protest.

How the turn tables. You'd hope that the Protestors would be smarter than that, but as usual I seem to be under-estimating the intelligence within any particular group.

I'm out - I have work to do today. Carry on crew - and stay safe.

PostPosted: Tue June 30, 2020 1:59 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

simple schoolboy wrote:
Higgs wrote:

I dont think it's just the right (though I'm not sure about the trump banners here. That guy is useless.)

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue June 30, 2020 2:18 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/29/us/far-r ... index.html

Borat

PostPosted: Tue June 30, 2020 2:22 am 
Mind Your Tanners

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/29/us/far-right-group-rally-prank-trnd/index.html

Borat

Not for nothing, but I posted this two pages ago.

PostPosted: Tue June 30, 2020 2:23 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

elliseamos wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Borat

yes, you did and i read it and it was funny

PostPosted: Tue June 30, 2020 2:23 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

and E.H. Ruddock is also funny

PostPosted: Tue June 30, 2020 2:27 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

elliseamos wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Borat

Sorry. So much posting about Karen and her guns

PostPosted: Tue June 30, 2020 2:51 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Mickey wrote:
What a chubby fucking dork.

I am annoyed by his choice in firearms. At the very least he has enough money for an NFA item. If a full auto AR isn't quite up to snuff, I was thinking he could avoid muzzle sweeping his wife with this sort of setup:

And who knows, maybe that would've btfo'd the protesters.

If he wanted to compliment his house, he should have gone with a 6 pounder and a double load of grapeshot.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3533 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 177  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate