The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169 ... 177  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 5:33 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Bi_3 wrote:
Are you saying he edited the video of the black guy yelling somehow? Or are you suggesting that the video in-question that he posted, which he did not film, was edited by someone else? Or that other videos have been edited in the past, therefore this one must have been? Do you have examples of these edited video so I can understand? Are you suggesting that standard be applied to all news sources? I'm still not following this line of thinking and don't want to be perpetuating false info, so please help me understand.

edit: I would point out that the video does not contain anyone's name

Here's where I got the mugshot info from, when you said doxxing I assumed you were referring to this behavior, not some two year old tweet:

https://www.wweek.com/news/2020/09/16/p ... r-account/

He could tweet a video presenting the clearest, most unbiased view possible (which he usually does), and Mickey/McP would still rush in to post about that time he got something wrong to discredit everything he posts. It's a favorite tactic.

I generally try to check his sources before posting him, but usually he turns out to be accurate.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Thu April 15, 2021 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 5:45 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

"Andy Eggo's history of manipulating video evidence and selective reporting doesn't have any bearing on whether the videos and reporting he posts of episodic street fighting is true or not" is a wild position to take, but I'm sure you extend the same good faith to like, fucking, Deray or whoever the parallel on the left would be.

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 5:46 pm 
Gone

All reporting is biased who cares

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 5:48 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Me personally I don't watch Eggo videos because I don't even remotely give a shit about Portland street fighting, but if it's interesting to you too watch a guy with brain damage run around with a gopro, have at it I guess

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 5:48 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Of course it has a bearing, and that's why one should double check him before sharing, but it doesn't mean everything he posts is bullshit. But you already know this...

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 5:49 pm 

Mickey wrote:
Me personally I don't watch Eggo videos because I don't even remotely give a shit about Portland street fighting, but if it's interesting to you too watch a guy with brain damage run around with a gopro, have at it I guess

How'd he get brain damage, Michelson?

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 5:50 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

BurtReynolds wrote:
Mickey wrote:

How'd he get brain damage, Michelson?

From a milkshake

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.oregon ... utType=amp

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 5:53 pm 

Quote:
The mayor, for example, has said he was out of the country when Ngo was assaulted and has always directed police officers to enforce the law and keep people safe.

Lol I've seen with my own two eyeballs Portland cops watch Antifa brick senior citizens in the head and do nothing about it. What a piece of shit mayor.

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 5:57 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Before we go to far down another useless rabbit hole, where are all these manipulated videos? A quick google showed me nothing but commentary alleging this was happening but no actual examples.

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 5:59 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

BurtReynolds wrote:
Quote:
The mayor, for example, has said he was out of the country when Ngo was assaulted and has always directed police officers to enforce the law and keep people safe.

Lol I've seen with my own two eyeballs Portland cops watch Antifa brick senior citizens in the head and do nothing about it. What a piece of shit mayor.

Nobody cares about your regional gripe, move along

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 6:06 pm 
Future Drummer

"How is Portland, Oregon doing" is something that no one outside of Oregon thinks about, let alone asks. I'd rather see Burt tell me more about this Ngo person, who I've heard about but never mustered up the effort to check out. I heard he's just an instigator who then capitalizes. No?

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 6:11 pm 
Gone

Rob wrote:
"How is Portland, Oregon doing" is something that no one outside of Oregon thinks about, let alone asks. I'd rather see Burt tell me more about this Ngo person, who I've heard about but never mustered up the effort to check out. I heard he's just an instigator who then capitalizes. No?

So basically like everyone else?

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 6:13 pm 
Future Drummer

verb_to_trust wrote:
Rob wrote:

No, like he actually goes out in the field to instigate and film. And he's kind of famous among some people. So really more like a small % of people.

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 6:16 pm 

Rob wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Rob wrote:

No, like he actually goes out in the field to instigate and film. And he's kind of famous among some people. So really more like a small % of people.

He doesn't go out himself anymore because he gets assaulted on sight. And Antifa considers filming their assaults to be instigation.

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 6:18 pm 
Future Drummer

BurtReynolds wrote:
Rob wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Rob wrote:

He doesn't go out himself anymore because he gets assaulted on sight. And Antifa considers filming their assaults to be instigation.

So I take it he's more of a "survivor of martyrdom" and has a following now?

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 6:19 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Rob wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Rob wrote:

I know him from Burt's posts here and that he had a Top 5 book on the NYT bestseller list (I have not read it).

If he is falsifying video evidence, then I'd prefer to know that so I don't mistake it for legit citizen journalism in the future.

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 6:26 pm 

Rob wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Rob wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Rob wrote:

So I take it he's more of a "survivor of martyrdom" and has a following now?

Like I said, he's a great source for videos of Antifa/BLM being assholes and showing how bullshit the mainstream narrative is, and though he is obviously biased (gee I wonder why) like everyone else, it's difficult to argue with most of it.

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 6:30 pm 
Future Drummer

"If you go looking for trouble among young men who want to cause trouble, you will find it" is pretty hard to argue with, I agree.

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 6:34 pm 

Rob wrote:
"If you go looking for trouble among young men who want to cause trouble, you will find it" is pretty hard to argue with, I agree.

And you'll also agree that documenting it is perfectly fine, right?

PostPosted: Thu April 15, 2021 6:35 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Quote:
Mickey/McP would still rush in to post about that time he got something wrong to discredit everything he posts

Don't want to let this gem go by without a :haha:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169 ... 177  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate