The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3533 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 177  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Protest Thread
PostPosted: Mon July 27, 2020 7:45 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

durdencommatyler wrote:
:roll:

That's my exact face whenever I hear people try and explain how throwing poop at the federal courthouse helps children trapped in the cycle of poverty. I think we are finally starting to understand each other!

Edit:

PostPosted: Mon July 27, 2020 7:54 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

I'd like to go on record as anti-fecal-projectile.

PostPosted: Mon July 27, 2020 8:05 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Bi_3 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
:roll:

That's my exact face whenever I hear people try and explain how throwing poop at the federal courthouse helps children trapped in the cycle of poverty. I think we are finally starting to understand each other!

While we're just playing the hits:
McParadigm wrote:
Computer, show me: very confidently not getting it

PostPosted: Mon July 27, 2020 8:32 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

durdencommatyler wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
Computer, show me: very confidently not getting it

And the computer responds:

PostPosted: Mon July 27, 2020 8:36 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Thank you for once again completely proving my point.

PostPosted: Mon July 27, 2020 8:40 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I'm still trying to remember who it was on RM that was bemoaning that whole thing about selling people a bill of goods...

PostPosted: Mon July 27, 2020 9:00 pm 
Future Drummer

durdencommatyler wrote:
Speaking of snark...

Bi_3 wrote:
Imagine a world in which these people put half of the energy they spend on trashcan shields and poop bombs into things like tutoring kids or providing free-of-charge daycare services. You know, things that actually help improve black lives.

Now imagine asking them to do that.

I really feel like 2020 is becoming a lesson in what happens when no one listens to the people using these proper channels/methods, and the wave just continues to build until it breaks in this way. The questions isn’t “why aren’t people doing it this way,” it’s “why didn’t people listen back then?”

PostPosted: Mon July 27, 2020 9:11 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Some people call themselves Antifa + Some people are lighting fireworks in Portland = Antifa is terrorizing America

Get the fuck with it, durds. :gomez:

PostPosted: Mon July 27, 2020 9:13 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

B wrote:
Some people call themselves Antifa + Some people are lighting fireworks in Portland = Antifa is terrorizing America

Get the fuck with it, durds. :gomez:

Well that’s problematic

PostPosted: Mon July 27, 2020 9:15 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Bi_3 wrote:
Well that’s problematic

I had a hard time finding a funny gif of poop throwing.

PostPosted: Mon July 27, 2020 9:17 pm 
Rank This Poster

I think what you're seeing in the Republican Party writ large is befuddlement and frustration as to why the usual culture war stuff isn't working this time, at least thus far. They don't get why they're continuing to craft message ads about those violent protestors that are coming for you and your kids, and they're continuing to fail at scaring the suburbs.

But it's not all that surprising; pearl-clutching about caravans of people from South America coming to invade the country didn't save them in 2018, either. That it's not working now doesn't mean it's not going to work in the end. But there certainly seems to be confusion as to why it's not working now.

Last edited by digster on Mon July 27, 2020 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon July 27, 2020 9:18 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

BurtReynolds wrote:

It's been interesting to watch the evolution. The feds went from no protection, to cheap fencing, to those heavier panels, to welding them together, to putting guys on the roof to lob smoke grenades.

Meanwhile the protesters have brought in shield walls, foam to block the cops' view through the fence, la crosse rackets, lasers, leaf blowers, etc. Last night the protestors brought power tools and finally got the fence down again.

Wonder what they'll do tonight.

Slow night, but the feds did weld supports on to the fence and were painting people who picked up smoke grenades with lasers.

The protesters allegedly brought some Molotovs, but I'm not entirely sure if they were used or if they started fires in another way.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

digster wrote:
I think what you're seeing in this thread (and honestly, far more overtly in the Republican Party writ large) is befuddlement and frustration as to why the usual culture war stuff isn't working this time, at least thus far. They don't get why they're continuing to craft message ads about those violent protestors that are coming for you and your kids, and they're continuing to fail at scaring the suburbs.

But it's not all that surprising; pearl-clutching about caravans of people from South America coming to invade the country didn't save them in 2018, either. That it's not working now doesn't mean it's not going to work in the end. But there certainly seems to be confusion as to why it's not working now.

:thumbsup:

An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

digster wrote:
I think what you're seeing in this thread (and honestly, far more overtly in the Republican Party writ large) is befuddlement and frustration as to why the usual culture war stuff isn't working this time, at least thus far. They don't get why they're continuing to craft message ads about those violent protestors that are coming for you and your kids, and they're continuing to fail at scaring the suburbs.

No that's not it.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon July 27, 2020 9:19 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

BurtReynolds wrote:
digster wrote:

No that's not it.

I'll go ahead and double-down on my :thumbsup: then.This is all the proof I need.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon July 27, 2020 9:21 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Rob wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Speaking of snark...

Bi_3 wrote:
Imagine a world in which these people put half of the energy they spend on trashcan shields and poop bombs into things like tutoring kids or providing free-of-charge daycare services. You know, things that actually help improve black lives.

I really feel like 2020 is becoming a lesson in what happens when no one listens to the people using these proper channels/methods, and the wave just continues to build until it breaks in this way. The questions isn’t “why aren’t people doing it this way,” it’s “why didn’t people listen back then?”

What is it that society missed?

PostPosted: Mon July 27, 2020 9:23 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Bi_3 wrote:
Rob wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Speaking of snark...

Bi_3 wrote:

What is it that society missed?

PostPosted: Mon July 27, 2020 9:23 pm 

durdencommatyler wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
digster wrote:

No that's not it.

I'll go ahead and double-down on my :thumbsup: then.This is all the proof I need.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You must be especially upset today if you're responding.

PostPosted: Mon July 27, 2020 9:25 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Sick burn, Reynolds. I don't know how you do it.

PostPosted: Mon July 27, 2020 9:26 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

BurtReynolds wrote:
digster wrote:

No that's not it.

Shush! He’s dumbing everything down to tribal identity and then insulting the other. That’s the real core of 2020 America: “I’m not them... don’t hate me, let’s hate them!”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3533 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 177  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate