Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Black Lives Matter

Fri June 19, 2020 1:51 pm

Peeps wrote:
wease wrote:
Peeps wrote:
B wrote:
tree_ wrote:Some of these things could be tragic if they weren't so inconsequential.

I imagine black people get pretty fucking sick of shit like Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben's and Confederate statues and rebel flags and buildings named for slave holders and buildings named for confederate heroes and jokes about watermelon and Gone with the Wind and being called a thug and Jesus, I don't even know what else a black person puts up with everyday.

PepsiCo wants to do one little thing that sheds light on all the bullshit? Only a dick would have a problem with it.

my offer still stands and i will also throw in mittens knitted from the lint collected from my belly button

Sometimes it’s better to get forgiveness than permission.

i offered to be banned from the site if a certain simpleton was banned from just N&D

Noble gesture, but you've been here too long for us to let you go.

Fri June 19, 2020 3:07 pm

Mickey wrote:I am once again asking RM to take its white fragility and paranoia to any one of your safe space threads.

Fri June 19, 2020 3:44 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
Mickey wrote:I am once again asking RM to take its white fragility and paranoia to any one of your safe space threads.

Fri June 19, 2020 3:50 pm

The real intolerance is asking me to keep my "woke scare" feelings out of the BLM thread.

Sat June 20, 2020 2:50 am

I consider myself fairly well educated. But honestly if I didn't work in a predominately black office for the past 20+ years I probably would not have known of Juneteenth other than in a passing, general trivia kind of way.

Sat June 20, 2020 4:28 am

Biff Pocoroba wrote:I consider myself fairly well educated. But honestly if I didn't work in a predominately black office for the past 20+ years I probably would not have known of Juneteenth other than in a passing, general trivia kind of way.

But there is no such thing as systemic racism.

Sat June 20, 2020 5:32 am

durdencommatyler wrote:
Biff Pocoroba wrote:I consider myself fairly well educated. But honestly if I didn't work in a predominately black office for the past 20+ years I probably would not have known of Juneteenth other than in a passing, general trivia kind of way.

But there is no such thing as systemic racism.

Juneteenth is the new Christmas. I've heard the word Juneteenth probably thousands of times this week.

Sat June 20, 2020 1:16 pm

Good

Sat June 20, 2020 4:40 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:Good

Also, Jesus is black now

Sat June 20, 2020 4:54 pm

Jesus has always been brown

Sat June 20, 2020 5:18 pm

Santa is a big Wu Tang fan

Sat June 20, 2020 5:20 pm

verb_to_trust wrote:Santa is a big Wu Tang fan

Christmas Rules Everything Around Me

Sat June 20, 2020 5:59 pm

verb_to_trust wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:Good

Also, Jesus is black now

Closer than how he’s typically portrayed.

Sun June 21, 2020 3:08 am

I support additional national holidays

Sun June 21, 2020 3:06 pm

Sun June 21, 2020 4:24 pm

USA is obsessed with Marx.

Sun June 21, 2020 6:20 pm

Orpheus wrote:Back on topic: hopefully these men receive heavy sentences and aren't acquitted.

I'm going to smash the windows out of a thrift shop if they don't get the exact punishment my limited knowledge of law has identified as correct. I'm an agent of change.

Sun June 21, 2020 6:35 pm

verb_to_trust wrote:
Orpheus wrote:Back on topic: hopefully these men receive heavy sentences and aren't acquitted.

I'm going to smash the windows out of a thrift shop if they don't get the exact punishment my limited knowledge of law has identified as correct. I'm an agent of change.

:roll:

Mon June 22, 2020 3:15 am

VinylGuy wrote:USA is obsessed with Marx.

Yeah but not in a good way

Thu June 25, 2020 3:02 am

So, my daughter just got back home from going out to eat with one of her best friends. She was explaining how her friend is the total opposite of her parents politically. Apparently, they're YUGE Trump supporters. Well, her mom is so stressed out by the Black Lives Matter movement that she wants to get a machine gun and kill all the blacks so she doesn't have to deal with them anymore. And this person is a first grade teacher in our school system. Her dad teaches seventh grade science at one of the middle schools here. Apparently, he shares mom's views but isn't as vocal as she is. And we've done stuff socially with these people. This has disturbed me quite a bit. Thank Christ their kid has more sense than they do.
Post a reply