The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 953 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter
PostPosted: Sat June 19, 2021 6:35 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bi_3 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
How many medical degrees do you have McDoctorate?

It’s the media playbook:

https://www.mediamatters.org/fox-news/f ... -activists

Misrepresent everyone opposed as evil red teamers

If Fox News interviews a Republican media strategist but only identifies her as a "concerned parent speaking out," then obviously it's the people who point out that she's a GOP media strategist that are misrepresenting. Got it.

The weirdest thing about this to me is that it's so very, very easy to just say "ok, that video was a grift, but that doesn't negate my concerns, which are...." This guy being a grifter has no impact on your arguments. Why go to bat for a YouTube schtick?

PostPosted: Sat June 19, 2021 7:09 pm 
Gone

Teach math. Science too, I thought all these covid humpers worshipped the science?

Last edited by verb_to_trust on Sat June 19, 2021 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat June 19, 2021 7:11 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

McParadigm wrote:
Wait, you posted this in two threads?

Four. Two of each of Ty Smith's medical degrees.

But we're all here now.

PostPosted: Sat June 19, 2021 10:00 pm 
Gone

B wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

But we're all here now.

Do you have a doctorate, B?

PostPosted: Sat June 19, 2021 10:01 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

verb_to_trust wrote:
B wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

But we're all here now.

I do. But that's different than a medical degree.

PostPosted: Sat June 19, 2021 10:08 pm 
Gone

B wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
B wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

But we're all here now.

In pearl jam collecting?

PostPosted: Sat June 19, 2021 10:19 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

verb_to_trust wrote:
B wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
B wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

But we're all here now.

In pearl jam collecting?

As far as I know, Pearl Jam is not collecting.

PostPosted: Sat June 19, 2021 11:58 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

his doctorate is in posting the same thing someone else did one page back

PostPosted: Sun June 20, 2021 1:51 am 
Looks Like a Cat

McParadigm wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
How many medical degrees do you have McDoctorate?

It’s the media playbook:

https://www.mediamatters.org/fox-news/f ... -activists

Misrepresent everyone opposed as evil red teamers

If Fox News interviews a Republican media strategist but only identifies her as a "concerned parent speaking out," then obviously it's the people who point out that she's a GOP media strategist that are misrepresenting. Got it.

The weirdest thing about this to me is that it's so very, very easy to just say "ok, that video was a grift, but that doesn't negate my concerns, which are...." This guy being a grifter has no impact on your arguments. Why go to bat for a YouTube schtick?

It’s not about the clown in that video, it’s about the poisoning of the well with regard to the topic by making it into a Fox News moral panic

PostPosted: Sun June 20, 2021 4:00 am 
mXn

Is there a Juneteenth conversation happening somewhere already?

If not … pretty cool. A worthy event to recognize. (Event? I know there’s a better word but I’m not finding it right now.)

PostPosted: Sun June 20, 2021 5:35 am 
Gone

I don't get why the DMV was closed Friday but not today. Today is June 19th. The date is in the name of the holiday.

PostPosted: Sun June 20, 2021 5:39 am 
mXn

Bro same reason everything will be closed on the 5th of July this year

PostPosted: Sun June 20, 2021 5:58 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

verb_to_trust wrote:
I don't get why the DMV was closed Friday but not today. Today is June 19th. The date is in the name of the holiday.

Similarly, a defense lawyer was remarking that the courts were closed on Friday for his predominantly black clients. Happy Juneteenth to the incarcerated.

PostPosted: Sun June 20, 2021 6:08 am 
mXn

simple schoolboy wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

Similarly, a defense lawyer was remarking that the courts were closed on Friday for his predominantly black clients. Happy Juneteenth to the incarcerated.

It did happen rather suddenly, no?

PostPosted: Sun June 20, 2021 6:09 am 
mXn

Bammer wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

It did happen rather suddenly, no?

Like everyone is on their jolly way this week, then bam - Friday is a national holiday, peace out!

PostPosted: Sun June 20, 2021 4:33 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

PostPosted: Wed June 23, 2021 7:06 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Quote:
But I do think it's important for those of us in uniform to be open-minded and to be widely read. And the United States Military Academy [West Point] is a university.

I want to understand white rage, and I'm white... What is it that caused thousands of people to assault this building and try to overturn the Constitution of the United States of America? What caused that? I want to find that out... Because our [mil members] come from the American people. So it is important that the leaders, now & in the future, do understand it. I've read Mao Tse Tung. I've read Karl Marx. I've read Lenin. That doesn't make me a communist.

I personally find it offensive that we are accusing the United States military, our general officers, [NCOs], of being 'woke' or something else because we are studying some theories that are out there.

(CRT) was started at Harvard Law School years ago. It proposed that there were laws in the United States, antibellum laws prior to the Civil War that led to a power differential, with African Americans that were [considered] 3/4ths of a human being when this country was formed. Then we had a civil war and the Emancipation Proclamation to change it, and then we brought it up to the Civil Rights Act in 1964. It took another 100 years to change that. So look, I do want to know.

And I respect your service and you and I are both Green Berets. But I want to know. And it matters to our military and the discipline and cohesion of this military.

PostPosted: Wed June 23, 2021 7:11 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Oh no the general finds it offensive.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Wed June 23, 2021 8:28 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

McParadigm wrote:

Quote:
But I do think it's important for those of us in uniform to be open-minded and to be widely read. And the United States Military Academy [West Point] is a university.

I want to understand white rage, and I'm white... What is it that caused thousands of people to assault this building and try to overturn the Constitution of the United States of America? What caused that? I want to find that out... Because our [mil members] come from the American people. So it is important that the leaders, now & in the future, do understand it. I've read Mao Tse Tung. I've read Karl Marx. I've read Lenin. That doesn't make me a communist.

I personally find it offensive that we are accusing the United States military, our general officers, [NCOs], of being 'woke' or something else because we are studying some theories that are out there.

(CRT) was started at Harvard Law School years ago. It proposed that there were laws in the United States, antibellum laws prior to the Civil War that led to a power differential, with African Americans that were [considered] 3/4ths of a human being when this country was formed. Then we had a civil war and the Emancipation Proclamation to change it, and then we brought it up to the Civil Rights Act in 1964. It took another 100 years to change that. So look, I do want to know.

And I respect your service and you and I are both Green Berets. But I want to know. And it matters to our military and the discipline and cohesion of this military.

That is not what CRT is. Delgado, the modern father of CRT, explains it here:

https://www.jstor.org/stable/j.ctt9qg9h2

Quote:
The critical race theory (CRT) movement is a collection of activists and scholars interested in studying and transforming the relationship among race, racism, and power. The movement considers many of the same issues that conventional civil rights and ethnic studies discourses take up, but places them in a broader perspective that includes economics, history, context, group- and self-interest, and even feelings and the unconscious. Unlike traditional civil rights, which stresses incrementalism and step-by-step progress, critical race theory questions the very foundations of the liberal order, including equality theory, legal reasoning, Enlightenment rationalism, and neutral principles of constitutional law.

It's pretty reasonable to be concerned that the next generation of folks with access to tactical nuclear weapons are being taught to question these things.

PostPosted: Wed June 23, 2021 8:54 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Bi_3 wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

Quote:

That is not what CRT is. Delgado, the modern father of CRT, explains it here:

https://www.jstor.org/stable/j.ctt9qg9h2

Quote:
The critical race theory (CRT) movement is a collection of activists and scholars interested in studying and transforming the relationship among race, racism, and power. The movement considers many of the same issues that conventional civil rights and ethnic studies discourses take up, but places them in a broader perspective that includes economics, history, context, group- and self-interest, and even feelings and the unconscious. Unlike traditional civil rights, which stresses incrementalism and step-by-step progress, critical race theory questions the very foundations of the liberal order, including equality theory, legal reasoning, Enlightenment rationalism, and neutral principles of constitutional law.

It's pretty reasonable to be concerned that the next generation of folks with access to tactical nuclear weapons are being taught to question these things.

The Airforce missile units are composed of people that for whatever reason couldn't qualify for flight status. They probably are already convinced of systemic discrimination being responsible for their terrible posting.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 953 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate