The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 953 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 1:08 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
yeah if the house was under construction what could he have just run away with? obviously the redneck vigilantes would be able to see he had nothing on him

It’s irrelevant. Even if he had the Crown Jewels that does not justify chasing and killing him.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 1:21 pm 
The Master

Bi_3 wrote:
yeah if the house was under construction what could he have just run away with? obviously the redneck vigilantes would be able to see he had nothing on him

It’s irrelevant. Even if he had the Crown Jewels that does not justify chasing and killing him.

oh i know it doesn't justify it...just commenting about those who might try to use it as an excuse (nobody here, hopefully)

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 1:53 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Peeps wrote:
96583UP wrote:
I in absolutely no way support the atrocity that just happened. it's horrifying

but there is a new video today that shows when he was jogging he stopped at this house that was under construction and went all around inside for 5 minutes and came out and then went jogging again

the neighbors thought it was a burglary

again I am not justifying chasing a person and shooting them. it's horrible.

but just some additional context is available now

but to be clear: IT IS HORRIBLE AND INEXCUSABLE

Oh ffs. Even if he did that that is still no justification and to even bring that up is to try to cast doubt. It’s the same as saying I can’t be racist I have black friends

They said there were a string of robberies in the area yet oddly enough no one reported any robberies in the weeks leading up to it.

Even if there were video of him taking something out of there that is still no reason to shoot him, cops or rednecks

there was apparently a different neighbor who called the police regarding him entering the construction house

also: i have black friends

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 2:26 pm 
The Master

96583UP wrote:
Peeps wrote:
96583UP wrote:

but there is a new video today that shows when he was jogging he stopped at this house that was under construction and went all around inside for 5 minutes and came out and then went jogging again

Oh ffs. Even if he did that that is still no justification and to even bring that up is to try to cast doubt. It’s the same as saying I can’t be racist I have black friends

They said there were a string of robberies in the area yet oddly enough no one reported any robberies in the weeks leading up to it.

Even if there were video of him taking something out of there that is still no reason to shoot him, cops or rednecks

there was apparently a different neighbor who called the police regarding him entering the construction house

lol there’s no way you have friends

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 2:27 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

96583UP wrote:
Peeps wrote:
96583UP wrote:

that’s a little racist

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 2:41 pm 
The Master

96583UP wrote:
96583UP wrote:
Peeps wrote:
96583UP wrote:

that’s a little racist

no way...all my black friends went to elon

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 3:21 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

It’s really amazing how essential it is to some people that this not be an unwaveringly clear case of a person being ruthlessly killed in response to NOTHING. Like, as far as they are concerned it’s a political loss if two white men who murdered a black man are the bad guys. No asterisk needed THE. BAD. GUYS. It’s literally unacceptable to some people’s sense of the world that there not be a “yeah but also” somewhere in there to offset it.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 4:03 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i agree. let's just disregard a key fact and move forward with the name of the movie we want to see

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 4:04 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I wasn’t referring to you at the time but this post changed my answer

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 4:09 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i agree let's just take out Soleimani

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 4:13 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I don’t order take out during quarantine.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 4:15 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

you sure? it's a scratch kitchen. they make everything by hand

Spoiler: show

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 4:16 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

mm love that seasoning what is that white phosphorus?

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 4:18 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

seriously though those guys should get the chair

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 5:40 am 
Mind Your Tanners

I think it's well established here that I'd like to see some bad people suffer and die but if you think these guys are going to get the death penalty you are crazier than hell.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 6:03 am 
Future Drummer

McParadigm wrote:
It’s really amazing how essential it is to some people that this not be an unwaveringly clear case of a person being ruthlessly killed in response to NOTHING. Like, as far as they are concerned it’s a political loss if two white men who murdered a black man are the bad guys. No asterisk needed THE. BAD. GUYS. It’s literally unacceptable to some people’s sense of the world that there not be a “yeah but also” somewhere in there to offset it.

People think white supremacy is folks with hoods or saying the N-word but at its most insidious it's really this: an unconscious recalibrating that is always happening in the mind, and the corresponding thumb that goes on the scale in order to make it a reality.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 12:28 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

96583UP wrote:
i agree. let's just disregard a key fact and move forward with the name of the movie we want to see

Don't bother.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 3:24 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

I saw the video of this guy walking around in the construction site on the news last night. That will be enough to acquit on murder one as he was obviously looking for something to steal and feeds the 'pattern of break-ins' narrative the defense is using even if there is no other evidence for it. Hopefully the prosecutor doesn't listen to the #Justice crowd and goes for a conviction they can get as an acquittal would be disastrous. It's also a good opportunity for the state to capture public outcry and modify it's citizen arrest laws.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 3:28 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Should citizens' arrest even be a thing?

Shit, if someone came up to me and tried to detain me, I'd tell him to fuck off and keep walking. Even if I had just walked out of a house under construction, which I did do about a month ago.

Those dickheads should have been committing a crime as soon as they pulled out a gun.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 3:33 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

B wrote:
Should citizens' arrest even be a thing?

Shit, if someone came up to me and tried to detain me, I'd tell him to fuck off and keep walking. Even if I had just walked out of a house under construction, which I did do about a month ago.

Those dickheads should have been committing a crime as soon as they pulled out a gun.

If someone entered you house and you were unable to retreat, you should be able to confront and detain them. If you see a rape in progress you should be able to confront and detain them. If you see someone walking out of private property that is not yours, you should NOT be able to confront and detain them. So... a qualified yes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 953 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 48  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate