The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 953 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: Black Lives Matter
PostPosted: Wed July 08, 2020 3:00 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Wed July 08, 2020 3:06 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Bi_3 wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
Wait the lockdown disappeared people?

Commuters dude, commuters

So they were never part of the communities that the NYPD had to deal with on a nightly, non-working day of the week? Hmm.

I don’t understand your question, but dude there are like a million to 1.5M workers that come in from outside the NYPDs AOR (320k from NJ alone). Plus the 700k tourists the city averaged daily. Those people were largely absent from the city starting in late March. They were not disappeared

It goes back to your "despite the lockdown" comment that started this: These people being there for work or not doesn't alter the daily/nightly experience of the people who live in the city as it relates to crime.

PostPosted: Wed July 08, 2020 11:20 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Say their names Don Lemon, say their names:

https://apnews.com/1b36369ca6a05f30b3b2293c926f2ee6

PostPosted: Tue July 14, 2020 4:26 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Some dude in Pittsboro flies his Confederate flag next to a billboard, so BLA bought the billboard.

PostPosted: Thu July 23, 2020 12:21 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Sounds about right:

https://www.whio.com/news/crime-and-law ... QCVDVZXKI/

PostPosted: Thu July 23, 2020 12:41 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bi_3 wrote:

when he gets to jail, i hope the inmates do their job

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Thu July 23, 2020 12:43 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Man, do some people ever suck

PostPosted: Thu July 23, 2020 12:45 am 
Major Dude

Bi_3 wrote:

WTF?

PostPosted: Fri July 24, 2020 10:03 pm 
Major Dude

So in the last couple of weeks, I've been filling in for some of my company's other locations. All of these that I've been to is a more urban area than where my "home" clinic is. Due to that, I've actually seen more patients that are black than I normally do in my clinic. In every case that I've had a black patient, they were exceptionally polite and adding "sir" and "ma'am" after every sentence. Now, I very, very rarely get such respect (probably not the right word) from any of our white patients. Even the nicest of the white patients come across as familiar and informal. And I started wondering if the reason the black patients were so respectful was because they were brought up to be that way towards white people (men, in particular) as a preemptive defense. Now sure, raising your kids to be respectful to everyone else is a goal we should all have but I couldn't help but feel a little guilty because as an older than them white man, maybe they instinctively responded as they were taught to in an effort to possibly survive other situations.

I don't know. I don't think I explained it very well, but it just felt wrong to me. Not that their politeness wasn't genuine, but that it was, perhaps, borne of other things.

PostPosted: Fri July 24, 2020 10:50 pm 
Gone

Bi_3 wrote:

BLM Now

PostPosted: Fri July 24, 2020 11:03 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

wease wrote:
So in the last couple of weeks, I've been filling in for some of my company's other locations. All of these that I've been to is a more urban area than where my "home" clinic is. Due to that, I've actually seen more patients that are black than I normally do in my clinic. In every case that I've had a black patient, they were exceptionally polite and adding "sir" and "ma'am" after every sentence. Now, I very, very rarely get such respect (probably not the right word) from any of our white patients. Even the nicest of the white patients come across as familiar and informal. And I started wondering if the reason the black patients were so respectful was because they were brought up to be that way towards white people (men, in particular) as a preemptive defense. Now sure, raising your kids to be respectful to everyone else is a goal we should all have but I couldn't help but feel a little guilty because as an older than them white man, maybe they instinctively responded as they were taught to in an effort to possibly survive other situations.

I don't know. I don't think I explained it very well, but it just felt wrong to me. Not that their politeness wasn't genuine, but that it was, perhaps, borne of other things.

‘white guilt’ or sociological epiphany?

Spoiler: show
the answer might surprise you

PostPosted: Sun July 26, 2020 10:26 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Good post, wease.

PostPosted: Sun July 26, 2020 10:33 pm 
Major Dude

Thanks, B.

PostPosted: Sun July 26, 2020 11:07 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Has Burger King or McDonald's tried to coop this and make a bacon, lettuce, muenster burger yet?

PostPosted: Sun July 26, 2020 11:24 pm 
Gone

Wendy's has black hamburger buns

PostPosted: Mon July 27, 2020 12:48 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

wease wrote:

How much of this is due to the great migration? This speech pattern is consistent with Southern manners, and this is almost certainly the way their grandparents spoke.

What region are your clinics in?

PostPosted: Mon July 27, 2020 1:24 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

just saw the video of that WNBA walk-off during the national anthem and that might be the first time i actually felt like America was disrespected by an anthem protest

but i am sure the problem is me

and not that we have created a corporate contest to see who is the most BLM-ey

are these victims now sports league mascots?

i want justice too

but this is getting silly

everyone is so self-righteous, everywhere

jesus complexes everywhere

as far as the eye can see

PostPosted: Mon July 27, 2020 1:32 am 
Gone

It absolutely is a competition now to see who is the most virtuous. WNBA walking off is strong but not strong enough considering they are a non entity absolutely nobody cares about. What they should have done was go as extreme as possible: naked and fingerblasting

PostPosted: Mon July 27, 2020 1:37 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

NFL HQ has the superbowl halftime team working away day and night to prepare for their season opener to make sure it's tastefully solemn yet mardi gras to the maxx and sponsored by Pepsi and Jostens

PostPosted: Mon July 27, 2020 2:20 am 
Mind Your Tanners

96583UP wrote:
NFL HQ has the superbowl halftime team working away day and night to prepare for their season opener to make sure it's tastefully solemn yet mardi gras to the maxx and sponsored by Pepsi and Jostens

Jay-Z is in charge of it...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 953 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 48  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate