The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 579 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus Government Bailout Thread
PostPosted: Thu September 10, 2020 7:37 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/10/coronav ... fails.html

Quote:
“They can tell American families they care more about politics than helping them,” McConnell said of Democratic senators who oppose the bill.

Do people actually buy this horseshit? The Republicans control the Senate, but can't pass the bill because two members of their party think the American public should choke on a dick.

PostPosted: Thu September 10, 2020 10:41 pm 
Poster of the Year

Also, they waited until September to even try this. The House Democrats passed their bill in May.

PostPosted: Fri September 11, 2020 1:14 am 
Gone

I want more money. Need a new furnace, and you just KNOW its going to be -27 by Thanksgiving this year of our Lord, 2020.

Helicopter the money!

PostPosted: Fri September 11, 2020 1:17 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

pretty sure at some point Trump looks at his sinking polling numbers he just goes apeshit ordering checks to be sent out

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri September 11, 2020 3:22 am 
Broken Tamborine

Texas Tribune: Unemployed Texans will no longer receive an extra $300 in weekly payments
The Federal Emergency Management Agency notified state officials Wednesday that the payments for out-of-work Texans have ended, according to the Texas Workforce Commission, which handles unemployment claims.

PostPosted: Fri September 11, 2020 3:13 pm 
Future Drummer

Yep. I got a job just at the right time, or I'd be fucked.

PostPosted: Fri September 11, 2020 3:37 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

B wrote:
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/10/coronavirus-stimulus-update-senate-relief-bill-fails.html

Quote:
“They can tell American families they care more about politics than helping them,” McConnell said of Democratic senators who oppose the bill.

Do people actually buy this horseshit? The Republicans control the Senate, but can't pass the bill because two members of their party think the American public should choke on a dick.

Also, the bill Democrats blocked yesterday included no direct payments for workers, city governments, or state governments.

PostPosted: Tue October 06, 2020 8:42 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Lock 'er up

PostPosted: Tue October 06, 2020 8:44 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

McParadigm wrote:
B wrote:
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/10/coronavirus-stimulus-update-senate-relief-bill-fails.html

Quote:

Also, the bill Democrats blocked yesterday included no direct payments for workers, city governments, or state governments.

The hell you say!

PostPosted: Wed October 07, 2020 1:05 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

maybe if there are a few days of steep stock market losses it will change his mind

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Wed October 07, 2020 1:37 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I’ve been leaning in this direction. Trump wanted the bump from a signing, and the White House had signaled acceptance of the household payments in the Democratic package. Only the Republican Senate opposed it...and they didn’t want to get stuck voting down a White House-approved relief package.

PostPosted: Wed October 07, 2020 2:12 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i'd agree with pretty much everything above, except i dont think the GOP want to wreck the economy. i think many are content to let it stagnate so long as stock market prices don't collapse again like they did in March

i think there are still a lot of GOPers in the Senate who position themselves as 'fiscal conservatives'

they are hypocrites, because this administration expanded the US deficit pre-COVID bailout

but they would normally want to draw the line on 'helicopter money' in principle, or appear as though they would

they did it earlier this year but the stock market was in the shitter and the checks were smokescreen for the massive handout to affluent constituents, including the indirect handouts in the form of the tax law update for recognizing losses

so they 'get a pass' there

but now the stock market is rebounded and their wealthy constituents pockets are lined

there's no need to out themselves as spendocrats

then how could they face their pig faced cattle voter base on economic issues

PostPosted: Fri October 09, 2020 1:05 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Week four of having three parties involved in these efforts: one that wants a robust and comprehensive deal, one that doesn’t care beyond desiring protections for businesses, and also a horse in a hospital.

PostPosted: Sat October 10, 2020 5:37 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Quote:
Senate Republicans lashed out at a potential framework for a new coronavirus deal between the Trump administration and Speaker Nancy Pelosi on a conference call Saturday, warning that there was little support for a big spending bill right before the election.

At least two GOP senators warned White House chief of staff Mark Meadows and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin that spending as much as $2 trillion on a big bill could backfire at the ballot box. The administration has floated a large spending deal to Pelosi but is trying to get her to back down on some spending levels, but senators said even the White House wants to spend too much, according to multiple sources briefed on the call.

“There’s no appetite right now to spend the White House number or the House number,” said Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.), according to two sources briefed on the call.
Sen. John Barrasso (R-Wyo.) said that giving into Pelosi on anything seen as expansion of Obamacare in the next recovery bill will be seen as “an enormous betrayal by our supporters,” according to people familiar with the call.

The pushback from Senate Republicans shows just how difficult it will be to assemble a spending bill that can garner support from enough House Democrats and Senate Republicans to satisfy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.).

This would be “the deal knell for our majority if Pelosi gets this win,” warned Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.), according to one source. Both she and Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) warned Republicans could lose support in the election if they accepted this.

Lee added that the GOP’s efforts to highlight Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett, who is on track to be confirmed before the election, could be hampered by a large spending deal with Pelosi. Sen. Rick Scott (R-Fla.) alleged that any such a large spending bill could deflate the economic recovery from the coronavirus devastating economic effects.

PostPosted: Sat October 10, 2020 5:42 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

It’s so absurd. No person planning to vote Republican in this election is sitting it out because they passed a stimulus package. And a stimulus of $2 billion or more is supported by nearly 80% of independents...the exact people they need to win back to survive.

This is 100% about being ok with Biden inheriting a shattered economy, preparing to pivot back to being deficit hawks, and not being willing to risk the possibility of a stimulus debate wrecking their Supreme Court grab.

PostPosted: Sat October 10, 2020 5:58 pm 
Gone

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tBEbF_HiWOA

PostPosted: Sat October 10, 2020 6:14 pm 
The Master

i just want more money

PostPosted: Sat October 10, 2020 6:15 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
i just want more money

What's your Venmo

PostPosted: Sat October 10, 2020 6:30 pm 
The Master

Jorge wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
i just want more money

What's your Venmo

i only have paypal and cashapp

PostPosted: Sat October 10, 2020 9:43 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

remember when Lamar ran for pres

Lamar!

those signs were funny

blazed the trail for trump’s over-use of the exclamation mark

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 579 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 29  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate