The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Coronavirus Government Bailout Thread
PostPosted: Wed March 18, 2020 3:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 38317
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
Are the two parties actually trying to help, or merely battling for the title of “savior”?

Is $2K gonna make a difference to most Americans? Is it worth an add’l $1T defection?

Which industries need the most help?

Discuss here.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus Government Bailout Thread
PostPosted: Wed March 18, 2020 3:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:21 am
Posts: 2957
tragabigzanda wrote:
Are the two parties actually trying to help, or merely battling for the title of “savior”?

Is $2K gonna make a difference to most Americans? Is it worth an add’l $1T defection?

Which industries need the most help?

Discuss here.

The economy world wide is going to be so fucked for a while. $2,000 may stop rioting for a month or two, that's about all it will do. The sheer number of bankruptcies in the latter half of the year is going to be staggering.

On the plus side that $2,000 should cover my wine, gin and Jack tab.

_________________
Think I’m going to try being kind to everyone a chance.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus Government Bailout Thread
PostPosted: Wed March 18, 2020 3:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 38317
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
I think possibly they should forego the taxpayer bailout, except for those below the poverty line, and put the money into certain sectors so that people can keep working. Then tax the rich like crazy.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus Government Bailout Thread
PostPosted: Wed March 18, 2020 4:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 1:46 am
Posts: 1347
Location: Connecticut
tragabigzanda wrote:
I think possibly they should forego the taxpayer bailout, except for those below the poverty line, and put the money into certain sectors so that people can keep working. Then tax the rich like crazy.


They want people to stay home and stay away from people. They're going to have to find a way to pay people to do that.


And yeah, we're probably fucked, but hopefully on the flip side there will be plenty of work to do.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus Government Bailout Thread
PostPosted: Wed March 18, 2020 4:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 38317
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
Rob wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
I think possibly they should forego the taxpayer bailout, except for those below the poverty line, and put the money into certain sectors so that people can keep working. Then tax the rich like crazy.


They want people to stay home and stay away from people. They're going to have to find a way to pay people to do that.


And yeah, we're probably fucked, but hopefully on the flip side there will be plenty of work to do.

good point -- stem the tide until people can go back to work


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus Government Bailout Thread
PostPosted: Wed March 18, 2020 5:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 45317
Location: Garbage Dump
Give me my check right now

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Take that post and push it off a bridge.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus Government Bailout Thread
PostPosted: Wed March 18, 2020 5:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 38317
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Give me my check right now

how many blu-rays you buying for this thing?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus Government Bailout Thread
PostPosted: Wed March 18, 2020 5:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 45317
Location: Garbage Dump
tragabigzanda wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Give me my check right now

how many blu-rays you buying for this thing?

My wife and I are probably buying a house soon and we need down payment money!!!!!!!

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Take that post and push it off a bridge.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus Government Bailout Thread
PostPosted: Wed March 18, 2020 5:07 pm 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 30468
Location: the beach
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Give me my check right now

how many blu-rays you buying for this thing?

My wife and I are probably buying a house soon and we need down payment money!!!!!!!

hold off on that


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus Government Bailout Thread
PostPosted: Wed March 18, 2020 5:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 42259
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.
I would like one free PlayStation five as well, please, Mr. Government.

_________________
verily, if life had no sense, and had I to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me also.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus Government Bailout Thread
PostPosted: Wed March 18, 2020 5:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu November 21, 2013 10:01 pm
Posts: 1976
$1000 to every American is stupid. Some need more, some need less, and some will be just fine without any. But again, critical thinking is in short supply these days. Hopefully some smarter minds in Congress (yeah, I know) will target aid to specific industries, small businesses, and those most vulnerable to this destroying their livelihoods.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
I mean nothing says libertarian more than talking a lot of shit and then getting your ass kicked in an actual one on one...

Dev wrote:
Clutch rules you dummy.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus Government Bailout Thread
PostPosted: Wed March 18, 2020 5:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 42259
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.
Superblood Wolfmoon wrote:
$1000 to every American is stupid. Some need more, some need less, and some will be just fine without any. But again, critical thinking is in short supply these days. Hopefully some smarter minds in Congress (yeah, I know) will target aid to specific industries, small businesses, and those most vulnerable to this destroying their livelihoods.

Independent comic creators should also be targeted.

_________________
verily, if life had no sense, and had I to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me also.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus Government Bailout Thread
PostPosted: Wed March 18, 2020 5:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 64328
How many copies of Scurry 3 can this get me?

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus Government Bailout Thread
PostPosted: Wed March 18, 2020 5:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 42259
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
How many copies of Scurry 3 can this get me?

I would prefer it if you sank the money into my patreon.

_________________
verily, if life had no sense, and had I to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me also.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus Government Bailout Thread
PostPosted: Wed March 18, 2020 5:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 42259
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.
I meant "invested the money"

_________________
verily, if life had no sense, and had I to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me also.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus Government Bailout Thread
PostPosted: Wed March 18, 2020 5:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 42259
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.
Do I not have to pay rent next month? I'm confused.

_________________
verily, if life had no sense, and had I to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me also.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus Government Bailout Thread
PostPosted: Wed March 18, 2020 9:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 8:08 pm
Posts: 2568
I work in schools so I will be off for a while. My company has said they will pay for part of my hours but the others remain in limbo. Might get an emergency stocking position for our big state grocery chain. Who knows.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus Government Bailout Thread
PostPosted: Thu March 19, 2020 1:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 19157
Danny Meyer just laid off 80% of his workforce

Ohio just had a jump in jobless claims to 78,000 this week

many more examples will come

$1,000 will be like pissing in a river to try and make it yellow

_________________
All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus Government Bailout Thread
PostPosted: Thu March 19, 2020 1:33 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 38317
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
96583UP wrote:
Danny Meyer just laid off 80% of his workforce

I'd be surprised if he didn't dig into his own pockets to help them out


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus Government Bailout Thread
PostPosted: Thu March 19, 2020 1:41 am 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 30468
Location: the beach
tragabigzanda wrote:
96583UP wrote:
Danny Meyer just laid off 80% of his workforce

I'd be surprised if he didn't dig into his own pockets to help them out

he donated his salary..its something..you're going to see 7+ million food jobs wiped out in a hurry


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dad, McParadigm and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed September 30, 2020 11:19 pm