The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: Women's Health Issues
PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 4:06 pm 
Gone

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I'm sure this is a naive question, but in issues like this where the SC is deciding whether or not a woman's right is tied to the constitution, does anyone ever argue that women did not write the constitution? I guess what I'm getting at is how are we this blind as a country to see that the constitution was written by one specific group of people? We've evolved as a country (or so I thought). White men are not the only ones with issues now like they were back then. Or issues that mattered to them, anyway.

I’m pretty sure women of the time didn’t wish they could abort at will and secretly hated Ben Franklin for oppressing them. I guess what I’m saying is, women of the time didn’t have purple hair.

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 4:07 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Your brain is so fucking wet it's unreal.

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 4:11 pm 
Gone

Is that a good thing? Like if your jumper is wet playing pickup?

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 4:20 pm 
Major Dude

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I'm sure this is a naive question, but in issues like this where the SC is deciding whether or not a woman's right is tied to the constitution, does anyone ever argue that women did not write the constitution? I guess what I'm getting at is how are we this blind as a country to see that the constitution was written by one specific group of people? We've evolved as a country (or so I thought). White men are not the only ones with issues now like they were back then. Or issues that mattered to them, anyway.

The whole interpretation of it now is to protect the white, Christian male agenda. Anything outside of that group does not matter. It was true then and it’s true now.

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 4:37 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Why are liberals thought to hate America? It's a real mystery.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 4:37 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

verb_to_trust wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I’m pretty sure women of the time didn’t wish they could abort at will and secretly hated Ben Franklin for oppressing them. I guess what I’m saying is, women of the time didn’t have purple hair.

Thanks for making my point? We’ve evolved as a country to where women and minorities are supposed to have equal rights. Why base things on a constitution that was just for the rights of white men?

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 4:43 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

BurtReynolds wrote:
Why are liberals thought to hate America? It's a real mystery.

Because the right is excellent and propaganda. It's not that difficult.

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 4:47 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Thanks for making my point? We’ve evolved as a country to where women and minorities are supposed to have equal rights. Why base things on a constitution that was just for the rights of white men?

Dude, take a breath. That is not in any way a reflection of reality then or now.

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 4:52 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Hmm

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 5:00 pm 
Gone

wease wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

The whole interpretation of it now is to protect the white, Christian male agenda. Anything outside of that group does not matter. It was true then and it’s true now.

Lots of religions prohibit abortion. Why do people always single out Christians?

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 5:02 pm 

I’m guessing here in the US because it is the majority religion.

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 5:02 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

How would the US Constitution differ exactly? Just some things like ad hoc prohibition on regulations on abortion? Or an entirely rethought ideology? How would these things be added beyond equal voting rights for women? Granting them special powers?

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Mon June 27, 2022 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 5:03 pm 
Gone

Lots of Muslims live in america

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 5:06 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

BurtReynolds wrote:
Granting them special powers?

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 5:07 pm 

verb_to_trust wrote:

Maybe my observations have been wrong or misled , but the majority of people i see against abortion in the US are conservative Christians. Would be interesting to see what is the faith, if any, the +/- 35% of people who are against abortion rights.

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 5:07 pm 

Banning abortion certainly doesn't strengthen white power given the abortion rate differences between races. But maybe this is an instance of religious interests overwhelming racial interests?

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 5:08 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Bi_3 wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

"I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks,"

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 5:08 pm 
Gone

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

Maybe my observations have been wrong or misled , but the majority of people i see against abortion in the US are conservative Christians. Would be interesting to see what is the faith, if any, the +/- 35% of people who are against abortion rights.

Just admit that Muslims are against this too

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 5:10 pm 

They may be. I don’t know. But I’m talking about the majority in the US. I’m trying to ask questions here, admitting that it may be naive. Why are you trying to “gotcha” me here? Must you always be a giant douche?

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 5:10 pm 

epilogue wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

"I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks,"

Cute quote and all, but could you be more specific?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 30  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate