The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: Women's Health Issues
PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2023 4:41 pm 
Production Police

Hot take: A few stalwart evangelical states will continue to block access for decades, while others will restructure abortion access from the bottom up, with broad voter support. So if you're a poor Black girl in Alabama, your limitations to body autonomy will be more a function of your socioeconomic standing than conservative Supreme Court rule, ergo equitable economic development continues to be the best path towards freedom and dignity for marginalized people.

The Supreme Court dismantled Roe. States are restoring it one by one.
Support for abortion cuts across party lines, performing significantly better at the ballot box than Biden and other Democrats.
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/11/0 ... s-00126225

Break up with your major bank! Put your savings, checking, and CDs into impact-oriented banks that deploy their capital holdings into progressively minded private businesses!

PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2023 8:08 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Peeps wrote:
didnt ron say last night during the debate that the pro-choice laws enacted have nothing to do with the republican stance on being pro-life?

They may have found the tiny path to thread the issue:

Probably too late for anyone to take it seriously though.

PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2023 8:18 pm 
Major Dude

She’s actually the strongest candidate the GOP has. Too bad she’s a woman.

PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2023 8:50 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

I think Haley would give Biden a strong competition. But like wease said, she’s a woman. Not even being able to claim electing the first woman president is enough for old white republicans to actually do it.

PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2023 9:13 pm 
Production Police

I think their best realistic strategy is to run Haley and hope her candidacy trickles down the ballot to keep the working white moms engaged with the party.

Then the best moonshot strategy is the above, and hope that Biden dies.

PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2023 9:16 pm 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
Hot take: A few stalwart evangelical states will continue to block access for decades, while others will restructure abortion access from the bottom up, with broad voter support. So if you're a poor Black girl in Alabama, your limitations to body autonomy will be more a function of your socioeconomic standing than conservative Supreme Court rule, ergo equitable economic development continues to be the best path towards freedom and dignity for marginalized people.

Support for abortion cuts across party lines, performing significantly better at the ballot box than Biden and other Democrats.

Break up with your major bank! Put your savings, checking, and CDs into impact-oriented banks that deploy their capital holdings into progressively minded private businesses!

Marginalized people definitely have the means for this!

PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2023 9:19 pm 
Production Police

Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Marginalized people definitely have the means for this!

I'm advocating for the middle- and upper-class to extricate themselves from the capitalist system that keeps the marginalized down, you sexy dolt!

PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2023 9:21 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

tragabigzanda wrote:
I think their best realistic strategy is to run Haley

She currently has what is easily the most momentum of anybody polling at 16% or less in the Republican primary.

PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2023 9:49 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

McParadigm wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

She currently has what is easily the most momentum of anybody polling at 16% or less in the Republican primary.

Do you have thoughts on or have you seen polls that reflect a Trumpless ticket? He's not exactly selling out stadiums anymore. It could be that the red team is defaulting to him because they are lemmings and not because they would stay home if he wasnt on the ballot.

PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2023 10:00 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bi_3 wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Do you have thoughts on or have you seen polls that reflect a Trumpless ticket? He's not exactly selling out stadiums anymore. It could be that the red team is defaulting to him because they are lemmings and not because they would stay home if he wasnt on the ballot.

I think it’s impossible to predict how that scenario plays out in reality. So many factors would be involved in determining the outcome…chief among them: “why or how did Donald Trump leave the race?”

PostPosted: Fri November 10, 2023 12:12 am 
Major Dude

McParadigm wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

I think it’s impossible to predict how that scenario plays out in reality. So many factors would be involved in determining the outcome…chief among them: “why or how did Donald Trump leave the race?”

Death would be the most preferable.

PostPosted: Fri November 10, 2023 5:28 am 
mXn

It is fucking WILD to me that this is the issue so many people base their vote on

PostPosted: Fri November 10, 2023 10:16 am 
Major Dude

Bammer wrote:
It is fucking WILD to me that this is the issue so many people base their vote on

You have to keep in mind this is an issue that, while doesn’t really have much to do with you, affects what, half the population of our nation? As men, it may not seem as important to us. But for women, it’s a very personal thing. I totally get it.

What’s laughable is the party that professes to want LESS government is the party that wants to intrude itself into the personal lives of the female population.

PostPosted: Fri November 10, 2023 2:54 pm 
mXn

wease wrote:
Bammer wrote:

You have to keep in mind this is an issue that, while doesn’t really have much to do with you, affects what, half the population of our nation? As men, it may not seem as important to us. But for women, it’s a very personal thing. I totally get it.

What’s laughable is the party that professes to want LESS government is the party that wants to intrude itself into the personal lives of the female population.

This explains most of it. But how many pro-life women out there base their vote on this single issue? A lot.

PostPosted: Fri November 10, 2023 3:12 pm 
Major Dude

Bammer wrote:
wease wrote:
Bammer wrote:

This explains most of it. But how many pro-life women out there base their vote on this single issue? A lot.

I would venture that a lot of voters, maybe even the majority, base their votes on one particular issue. MAGA notwithstanding. Well maybe even MAGA. Trump would be the one issue there, I guess.
Not everyone takes the time to learn about multiple issues and then they hear or see that one bullet point they either really agree or disagree with and that’s the hill to live or die on.

PostPosted: Fri November 10, 2023 5:25 pm 
The Master

wease wrote:
Bammer wrote:

When that party talks about things they want, they only mean for the male population.

PostPosted: Fri November 10, 2023 5:54 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Bammer wrote:
wease wrote:
Bammer wrote:

how many people base their vote wether there is a R or D attached to the candidate?

PostPosted: Mon December 11, 2023 8:46 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/11/us/texas ... index.html

I guess we're about to see how legal the Texas abortion prosecution laws really are. Hopefully she'll go to Canada so they can't prosecute any doctors that help her, but it is pretty clear they will prosecute her for the abortion once she returns to Texas. Imagine having to get a politician's permission to have a procedure. And this is a woman who wants to have kids.

PostPosted: Mon December 11, 2023 9:04 pm 
Major Dude

How can they prosecute a doctor in another state as long as it’s legal in that state?

PostPosted: Mon December 11, 2023 9:08 pm 
Major Dude

And furthermore, wouldn’t anyone outside of her medical care knowing about her abortion be a huge HIPPA violation?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate