The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: Women's Health Issues
PostPosted: Mon September 19, 2022 11:24 pm 
Future Drummer

Chris_H_2 wrote:
Rob wrote:
Chris H_2, I believe you’re a lawyer ? I just want to know, not just from you, but if life begins at conception is there ever justification for an abortion? Why would a rape be a a justification? Seems to be that unless the life of the mother was in jeopardy (forcing a choice) it’s all off the table. The pro life side seems to embrace a personhood type argument from conception but still lacks the political support.

i think this is more of a philosophical/moral question than legal though, right?

The question about where life begins isn’t my question. IF life begins at conception, is there ever a justification for abortion, even when rape is involved? If life begins at conception, it has all of our rights, no? So even if it’s conceived via rape, it has standing, no? You can’t say “this life isn’t as worthy because of the manner in which it was conceived”, right?

PostPosted: Tue September 20, 2022 12:24 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

Rob wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Rob wrote:
Chris H_2, I believe you’re a lawyer ? I just want to know, not just from you, but if life begins at conception is there ever justification for an abortion? Why would a rape be a a justification? Seems to be that unless the life of the mother was in jeopardy (forcing a choice) it’s all off the table. The pro life side seems to embrace a personhood type argument from conception but still lacks the political support.

i think this is more of a philosophical/moral question than legal though, right?

The question about where life begins isn’t my question. IF life begins at conception, is there ever a justification for abortion, even when rape is involved? If life begins at conception, it has all of our rights, no? So even if it’s conceived via rape, it has standing, no? You can’t say “this life isn’t as worthy because of the manner in which it was conceived”, right?

I'm gonna jump in here if you don't mind.

I 100% get what you mean and I agree to an extent.

The thing is , there is no magical thing that is going to take care of a baby from birth to 18 years if one or both parents don't want to. And In the case of rape , that just leaves the victim mother to basically give up her own life for the sole reason that she is a rape victim..

Now that I typed that out, are you fucking kidding me?

PostPosted: Tue September 20, 2022 12:28 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

knee tunes wrote:
Rob wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Rob wrote:

The thing is , there is no magical thing that is going to take care of a baby from birth to 18 years if one or both parents don't want to. And In the case of rape , that just leaves the victim mother to basically give up her own life for the sole reason that she is a rape victim..

Rob , would you be willing to adopt the next rapist victim's child and I do mean within nine months , you will have a newborn to take care of. You would do this yes/no?

PostPosted: Tue September 20, 2022 12:32 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

knee tunes wrote:
knee tunes wrote:
Rob wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Rob wrote:

Rob , would you be willing to adopt the next rapist victim's child and I do mean within nine months , you will have a newborn to take care of. You would do this yes/no?

Not that this would even make you anything equal. Because you didn't go through the whole pregnancy nor did you go through rape trauma. But would you still be willing?

PostPosted: Tue September 20, 2022 12:34 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

knee tunes wrote:
knee tunes wrote:
knee tunes wrote:
Rob wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Rob wrote:

Not that this would even make you anything equal. Because you didn't go through the whole pregnancy nor did you go through rape trauma. But would you still be willing?

Rob, Im not even sure what stance you are taking , so pretend I'm not really debating with you, I'm more directing this toward anyone who would force a woman who was raped to then endure pregnancy and childbirth

Last edited by knee tunes on Tue September 20, 2022 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue September 20, 2022 12:56 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

Where is B anyway

Last edited by knee tunes on Tue September 20, 2022 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue September 20, 2022 1:09 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Hi, kt!

PostPosted: Tue September 20, 2022 10:36 pm 
Future Drummer

knee tunes wrote:
knee tunes wrote:
knee tunes wrote:
knee tunes wrote:
Rob wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Rob wrote:

Rob, Im not even sure what stance you are taking , so pretend I'm not really debating with you, I'm more directing this toward anyone who would force a woman who was raped to then endure pregnancy and childbirth

Damn, yo. Sorry for not providing context. I am 100% pro choice and think the “pro lifer” who says there should be an exemption for rape is trying to have their cake and eat it, too. It makes no sense to me to say abortion is wrong for all the reasons they give… but if it’s conceived via rape, somehow that “life” can be sacrificed. It just makes no sense. So yes, I say this to pro lifers sometimes. I wanted someone with a law background to opine, is all. Not that he’s some expert on abortion, but a legal mind might find the flaw in my argument.

Cool?

PostPosted: Tue September 20, 2022 10:39 pm 
Future Drummer

Forcing someone to carry a pregnancy is some Handmaid’s Tale bullshit that has no place in a civil, free society.

PostPosted: Tue September 20, 2022 11:26 pm 
for those who
are not...shall be

Rob wrote:
Forcing someone to carry a pregnancy is some Handmaid’s Tale bullshit that has no place in a civil, free society.

Or in Texas, Ohio, . Pennsylvania is trying to weasel in. Welcome to Trumpsville. This shit is real

PostPosted: Tue September 20, 2022 11:29 pm 
for those who
are not...shall be

Even here I tried to start an abortion thread , but B kicked it back into "women's health issues".

PostPosted: Wed September 21, 2022 2:37 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

I did?

PostPosted: Wed September 21, 2022 2:39 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

To be fair, I opened this thread with abortion. Has it ever not been about abortion?

PostPosted: Wed September 21, 2022 9:33 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

knee tunes wrote:
Even here I tried to start an abortion thread , but B kicked it back into "women's health issues".

Because B is a TERF

:arrow:

PostPosted: Sat September 24, 2022 4:10 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

B wrote:
I did?

I don't know. I guess maybe !

PostPosted: Mon November 07, 2022 2:03 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Who on earth thought this was a good idea?

PostPosted: Mon November 07, 2022 9:54 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

So, is the problem that they used the phrase "reclaimed the sky?"

PostPosted: Mon November 07, 2022 10:55 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

B wrote:

Maybe this one helps:

Think for a minute as to why that was a bad taboo to break.

PostPosted: Mon November 07, 2022 11:10 pm 
The Master

IT’S STARTING

PostPosted: Mon November 07, 2022 11:35 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Bi_3 wrote:
B wrote:

Maybe this one helps:

Think for a minute as to why that was a bad taboo to break.

Fucking pro choicers! If they hadn't flown those drones, no company would have ever advertised in the sky.

What a hilarious thing to blame a nonprofit for. Like the Olympics and Super Bowl never happened.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate