The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: Women's Health Issues
PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 7:09 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Bi_3 wrote:
Can we let Mickey answer?

Is he your god? You are such a kinky dude.

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 7:09 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Mickey and Verb on the same week! Not very July 4th.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 7:10 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Verb was banned again? For what?

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 7:11 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Wait, Mickey is banned again?

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 7:15 pm 
Future Drummer

Jorge wrote:
Rob wrote:
As a Latino I feel Latinx is one of the dumbest things out there. I’m fine with calling people whatever they want, but I’m also confident Latinos don’t want to be called this. Spanish speakers can’t even pronounce it. Not on board with Jorge’s Latine, either. Latino is good.

I didn't come up with it!

I know, amigo. That was just the first time I saw that one.

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 7:15 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Bi_3 wrote:
Wait, Mickey is banned again?
He should be banned. He was very mean to me.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 7:17 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Rob wrote:
Jorge wrote:
Rob wrote:
As a Latino I feel Latinx is one of the dumbest things out there. I’m fine with calling people whatever they want, but I’m also confident Latinos don’t want to be called this. Spanish speakers can’t even pronounce it. Not on board with Jorge’s Latine, either. Latino is good.

I didn't come up with it!

I know, amigo. That was just the first time I saw that one.

Wow, really? It's super popular down here and has been for a couple years. Not specifically with the word "Latine" but the "-e" form as a gender-neutral alternative to always defaulting to the masculine plural; like amigues instead of amigos

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 7:18 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Jorge wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
I'm not cool with 18 year olds washing their dicks in the shower next to 13 year old girls after high school swim practice.

Just phenomenal flex to toss your transphobia into a discussion that didn't really call for it for no reason.

FYI, if your point is that 18-year-olds shouldn't be showering with young teens, you didn't need to make it about trans-panic.

Like Lantinx, the example makes no sense in context of it doesn’t skirt the edges of acceptability.

So you're not transphobic, you just wanted to sprinkle in a little transphobia to help with an example?

Like I said -- little peeks!

You guys got me. I’m secretly evil. I’m whatever you need me to be

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 7:21 pm 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:
Dev wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
I had one latinx student last year who used it when referring about themself in an essay, so I had opportunity to use it a few times in their presence.

My general view here is that I’m not going to bend over backwards to use all the latest terminology just to keep up. But if someone signals that it’s important to them and would help them experience a more inclusive space, it’s no sweat off my nuts to make that accommodation.

This only legitimizes the latest bourgeois etiquette speech codes that breeds exclusion and division. So now because of you more people not up on terminology or not willing to participate will be at risk at their jobs. You should have just explained that they are welcome, but that it didn't require special language.

Very disappointed in you. You didn't act correctly. You acted in a way that avoided conflict and hurt feeling. But no sweat of your nuts though, right?

Be better.

Is this a real post?

You want to be inclusive? Be inclusive. Be friendly. Be neighborly. Open your doors to outsiders. Provide food or gifts. Practice brotherly love (fuck your gender neutrality, it applies to women as well).

What you do isn't inclusive. It's capitulation and conflict avoidance disguised as virtue. It's prostration.

Your cowardice diminishes everyone. Stand up for yourself, and in doing so you stand up for everyone! That's inclusivity!

What conflict am I avoiding here exactly?

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 7:23 pm 

The battle of ideas. The culture wars. The struggle for liberation. The battle of hearts and minds. The war against decadence and decay...

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 7:27 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Bi_3 wrote:
You can do it Mickey, take a deep breath and tell us what your thoughts are on helping women with reproductive health post-Roe.

"Please engage earnestly with your bad-faith interlocutors!"

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 7:29 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Rob wrote:

*this is NOT directed at you Rob but your post is the easiest to quote*

Since apparently everything must be explained to the n-degree instead of giving folks the benefit of the doubt, Latinx is the most obvious example of white people being good allies by forcing white culture war doctrine on other groups, often times children who are vulnerable and just learning their own inherited culture, instead of bothering to see what that culture actually wants. It’s a different type of cultural colonialism

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 7:31 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Mickey wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
You can do it Mickey, take a deep breath and tell us what your thoughts are on helping women with reproductive health post-Roe.

"Please engage earnestly with your bad-faith interlocutors!"

I won’t even respond man. Just tell us what you honestly believe is the right course of action.

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 7:33 pm 

That's obviously what you meant, these people have to assume the worst because otherwise they can't frame things in terms of Star Wars level good guys and bad guys.

They're not that deep!

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 7:33 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

BurtReynolds wrote:
The battle of ideas. The culture wars. The struggle for liberation. The battle of hearts and minds. The war against decadence and decay...

This battle exists only in your mind.

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 7:35 pm 

Hey man just go with the flow. Don't rock the boat! Don't upset people. Don't get your balls too sweaty!

This is called "virtue".

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 7:40 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Yes, it's much more virtuous to be a contrarian.

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 7:43 pm 

JuanHamm wrote:
Yes, it's much more virtuous to be a contrarian.

Contrarians work within the same framework. I've broken out of the frameworks you people try to insist is the only correct one! I've totally reframed the issue!

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 7:44 pm 

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 7:55 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

BurtReynolds wrote:
That's obviously what you meant, these people have to assume the worst because otherwise they can't frame things in terms of Star Wars level good guys and bad guys.

They're not that deep!

Seems like you are doing exactly what you speak of. You assume nothing bad of the woke agenda and the left in general.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 30  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate