The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: Women's Health Issues
PostPosted: Tue June 28, 2022 6:48 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

if someone says that are too irresponsible to be a parent maybe believe them

everyones acting like these unwanted pregnancies are because it just feels better to not wear a condom when the greater percentages are birth control failed and oops i drank too much to make a wise decision

PostPosted: Tue June 28, 2022 7:04 pm 
Future Drummer

Rob wrote:
I am in 100% agreement that exceptions for anything other than the life of the mother are bullshit. The exception ends up undermining the basic argument.

Just want to make clear what I mean here. I am very much pro-choice. I’ve never understood how “abortion is wrong (murder)” but if conceived this way (rape/incest) we’ll grant an exception. That makes no sense to me. If you’re going to be pro-life, own it. Tell the rape victims, the women who get bad news at week 18, and whomever else that they’re fucked. We let the pro life side skate by with exceptions that end up undermining the very argument for why they want to outlaw it.

PostPosted: Tue June 28, 2022 7:37 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

tree_ wrote:
It cannot be that difficult to create a baseline test to weed out most of the scum

Yet surprisingly it is

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue June 28, 2022 9:52 pm 
Future Drummer

I was going to ask what the percentage of women that have had more than one abortion. I figured if someone went through something like that, it would make them more likely not do it again (either by having a kid or having safer sex).

I guess that's not the case. NIH stated in a report that from a national sample of non-hospital abortion patients, 45% said they have had one or more prior abortions.

That seems pretty high. That seems like a failure in teaching people responsibility for their sexual behavior.

PostPosted: Tue June 28, 2022 10:08 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

blueviper wrote:
NIH stated in a report that from a national sample of non-hospital abortion patients, 45% said they have had one or more prior abortions.

That seems pretty high. That seems like a failure in teaching people responsibility for their sexual behavior.

Not sure this describes a group who lack baseline awareness that behaviors have consequences
Quote:
Age was most strongly associated with this outcome, and patients aged 30 and older had more than two times the odds of having had a prior abortion compared with those aged 20–24. Other characteristics associated with an increased likelihood of prior abortion included having one or more children, being black, relying on insurance or financial assistance to pay for the procedure, and exposure to disruptive events in the last 12 months.

PostPosted: Wed June 29, 2022 9:46 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

I hate this kind of post:

It's so disingenuous. His hospital is a 70 minute Uber from a clinic in PA.

PostPosted: Wed June 29, 2022 10:09 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Oh sure just a 70 minute Uber.

PostPosted: Wed June 29, 2022 10:22 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

These problems only occur within 70 minutes of the clinics in states that allow abortions.

PostPosted: Wed June 29, 2022 10:35 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Bi_3 wrote:

The reality remains that doctors will be obligated to tell their patients this, as a trusted source. And it does suck for them and patient alike, but in different ways.

Last edited by tree_ on Wed June 29, 2022 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed June 29, 2022 10:35 pm 
The Master

Bi_3 wrote:

I hate this kind of post.

PostPosted: Wed June 29, 2022 10:46 pm 
mXn

How will Bi_3 ever recover from this

PostPosted: Wed June 29, 2022 11:03 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

I fear the account’s frustrations have clouded its judgement

PostPosted: Wed June 29, 2022 11:19 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Mickey wrote:

Correct! And with the changes in affect in Ohio that place is gonna make a killing.

B wrote:
These problems only occur within 70 minutes of the clinics in states that allow abortions.

Incorrect! Birthing Bodies in the South in this grave of a situation will likely not have Uber as an option and may need to fly or take a bus.

tree_ wrote:
The reality remains that doctors will be obligated to tell their patients this, as a trusted source. And it does suck for them and patient alike, but in different ways.

Incorrect! It's a despicable law for sure, but he doesn't need to say that at all when there are viable alternatives reasonably close by. The tweet's worded as a shock statement to show how evil "they" are and how righteous Dr. H is, not to convey the disgusting burden placed on women to travel for medical care in this situation or he would have mentioned the alternative. And I would bet, absent my context, no one here would have even bothered to see if it was true and instead reveled in the thought of another dead baby and destroyed parent that they can blame on the red team.

PostPosted: Wed June 29, 2022 11:24 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

poor people most often can’t so easily come to such a conviction as to undergo such a commitment and undertaking

Last edited by tree_ on Wed June 29, 2022 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed June 29, 2022 11:24 pm 
The Master

Bi_3 wrote:
Mickey wrote:

Correct! And with the changes in affect in Ohio that place is gonna make a killing.

B wrote:

Incorrect! Birthing Bodies in the South in this grave of a situation will likely not have Uber as an option and may need to fly or take a bus.

tree_ wrote:

Incorrect! It's a despicable law for sure, but he doesn't need to say that at all when there are viable alternatives reasonably close by. The tweet's worded as a shock statement to show how evil "they" are and how righteous Dr. H is, not to convey the disgusting burden placed on women to travel for medical care in this situation or he would have mentioned the alternative. And I would bet, absent my context, no one here would have even bothered to see if it was true and instead reveled in the thought of another dead baby and destroyed parent that they can blame on the red team.

Might be time to get off Twitter, man.

PostPosted: Wed June 29, 2022 11:40 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Bi_3 wrote:
Mickey wrote:

*effect.

Bi_3 wrote:
tree_ wrote:

Good point, "poor people can simply take a $300 Uber, or a plane or a bus" definitely constitutes a "viable alternative."

PostPosted: Wed June 29, 2022 11:41 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Bi_3 wrote:

Did you use these words on purpose?

PostPosted: Wed June 29, 2022 11:43 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

In other words, you're not the only genius who realized that some women might leave the state of Ohio rather than wait for their trisomy-13 baby to die inside of their womb. You're just the only dipshit who thinks this option is universally available.

PostPosted: Wed June 29, 2022 11:59 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Let’s be clear that this is about discriminating the poor

PostPosted: Thu June 30, 2022 12:00 am 
Production Police

tree_ wrote:
Let’s be clear that this is about discriminating the poor

Hopefully no one writes them up for napping while Black

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 30  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate