The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: Women's Health Issues
PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 8:02 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

bart wrote:
Imagine typing that whole thing

I honestly could have made his point in like 4-6 sentences. I hate academics.

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 8:04 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

I think Bi_3 is correct that the right's entire platform is just smearing the left.

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 2:20 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

I think Bi_3 is angrily posting on the Internet about people angrily posting on the Internet.

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 4:12 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Bi_3 wrote:
Jorge wrote:
Hell yeah, give in to the rot

It would easier that way, to just behave like it’s all a joke. It’s just not me. I don’t concern troll platty, I actually care. I actually do. Its just probably been so long people don’t recognize it anymore or maybe they feel the need to lash out because of what it makes them feel about their lives and choices.

You started a thread called "We Hate On Progressives"

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 4:12 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I do love fractals.

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 4:36 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Mickey wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Jorge wrote:
Hell yeah, give in to the rot

It would easier that way, to just behave like it’s all a joke. It’s just not me. I don’t concern troll platty, I actually care. I actually do. Its just probably been so long people don’t recognize it anymore or maybe they feel the need to lash out because of what it makes them feel about their lives and choices.

You started a thread called "We Hate On Progressives"

Though I lack an ivy league level intellect, somehow I am able to conceptually separate a behavior from an identity group. It's like I see bodily autonomy as a crucial component of a functioning society and, at the same time, don't want to go around Latinx'ing four year olds. Or like how I put solar panels on my house because I recognize the importance of personal action in reducing both carbon emissions and dependence on despotic regimes but I'm not cool with 18 year olds washing their dicks in the shower next to 13 year old girls after high school swim practice. Crazy, right?

Putting your endless and tired ad hominems aside for a second, let me ask you this: In the case of Roe being overturned, what should normal, run-of-the-mill folks do? More specifically, what are you going to do to help?

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 4:53 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Bi_3 wrote:
don't want to go around Latinx'ing four year olds.

Wait what does this mean

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 5:23 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Jorge wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
don't want to go around Latinx'ing four year olds.

Wait what does this mean

Can we give our more enlightened friends a chance to speak first? I’m generally curious what they think is the right thing for us Morlocks to do here.

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 5:30 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I imagine "Latinx'ing four year olds" refers to using gender neutral pronouns or gender inclusive language with young children. Just a guess though.

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 5:32 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Latinx? Is that something other than white? Might be the wrong thread.

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 5:51 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

You can do it Mickey, take a deep breath and tell us what your thoughts are on helping women with reproductive health post-Roe.

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 6:01 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

I wonder how many people here unironically use the term Latinx.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 6:04 pm 
The Master

I had one latinx student last year who used it when referring about themself in an essay, so I had opportunity to use it a few times in their presence.

My general view here is that I’m not going to bend over backwards to use all the latest terminology just to keep up. But if someone signals that it’s important to them and would help them experience a more inclusive space, it’s no sweat off my nuts to make that accommodation.

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 6:10 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

We are on the verge of enlightenment team. Let him speak!

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 6:11 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Bi_3 wrote:
I'm not cool with 18 year olds washing their dicks in the shower next to 13 year old girls after high school swim practice.

Just phenomenal flex to toss your transphobia into a discussion that didn't really call for it for no reason.

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 6:12 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

tragabigzanda wrote:
I had one latinx student last year who used it when referring about themself in an essay, so I had opportunity to use it a few times in their presence.

My general view here is that I’m not going to bend over backwards to use all the latest terminology just to keep up. But if someone signals that it’s important to them and would help them experience a more inclusive space, it’s no sweat off my nuts to make that accommodation.

This only legitimizes the latest bourgeois etiquette speech codes that breeds exclusion and division. So now because of you more people not up on terminology or not willing to participate will be at risk at their jobs. You should have just explained that they are welcome, but that it didn't require special language.

Very disappointed in you. You didn't act correctly. You acted in a way that avoided conflict and hurt feeling. But no sweat of your nuts though, right?

Be better.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 6:18 pm 

Again the RMer confused passivity with morality. The RMer is a very bad person who confuses inaction or inability to act with goodness!

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 6:19 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

BurtReynolds wrote:
I wonder how many people here unironically use the term Latinx.

In Spanish speaking countries the preferred gender-neutral term for, say, a non-binary person would be "Latine." It's better since it more closely follows the rules of Spanish, and it's pronounceable. I still use the plural "Latinos" but I'm not bothered by "Latines"

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 6:19 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

BurtReynolds wrote:
Again the RMer confused passivity with morality. The RMer is a very bad person who confuses inaction or inability to act with goodness!

Stop being weird

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 6:21 pm 

Not an argument!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate