The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: Women's Health Issues
PostPosted: Tue November 08, 2022 12:11 am 
Future Drummer

To be fair here, “pro women’s rights content brought to you by the makers of Candy Crush” is probably not the future we want (but probably the one we deserve).

PostPosted: Tue November 08, 2022 12:46 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Something we struggle with here is second order effects. Once this is done and gone viral as it has, it's now open season. So while this very specific event is of little direct consequence on the issue the activists are promoting, I suspect have drones hovering over a clinic spelling out "A baby's heart can be heard at six weeks" or over a Pride march saying "god hates ****" might not be met with the same nonchalance. Maybe a big drone show on Ramadan that says "Christ is Lord"?

PostPosted: Tue November 08, 2022 1:37 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

"what's the big deal?" They say as every square nanometer of space is filled with ads. "It's not like anybody is getting hurt by it."

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue November 08, 2022 2:31 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

I'd love to see this sort of thing go into the garbage, but I imagine we passed the point of no return a long time ago.

PostPosted: Tue November 08, 2022 3:57 am 
The Master

You weirdos have never seen one of these huh?

PostPosted: Tue November 08, 2022 4:31 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue November 08, 2022 2:40 pm 
The Master

Reclaim the seas!

PostPosted: Wed November 09, 2022 10:01 pm 
The Master

PostPosted: Wed November 09, 2022 10:09 pm 
Production Police

If

PostPosted: Thu January 26, 2023 2:26 am 
Mind Your Tanners

PostPosted: Fri March 24, 2023 12:55 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Ha! Wyoming's abortion ban failed because when they were afraid of Obama's death panels they passed a constitutional amendment ...

“each competent adult shall have the right to make his or her own health care decisions."

https://www.vox.com/politics/2023/3/23/ ... rt-johnson

PostPosted: Sat March 25, 2023 4:20 am 
mXn

elliseamos wrote:

Gold. Fkn gold.

PostPosted: Wed November 08, 2023 1:37 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Well played Ohio

PostPosted: Wed November 08, 2023 11:01 am 
Looks Like a Cat

It’s stunning how republicans don’t realize this issue is killing them at the polls and will do so again next year no matter how infirm Biden is, the mortgage rate, or how many court cases Trumps escapes from. If they don’t compromise here, it’s over for them forever

PostPosted: Wed November 08, 2023 3:17 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bi_3 wrote:
It’s stunning how republicans don’t realize this issue is killing them at the polls and will do so again next year no matter how infirm Biden is, the mortgage rate, or how many court cases Trumps escapes from. If they don’t compromise here, it’s over for them forever

There seems to be an increasing number of conservatives acknowledging that this issue is harming the party in deeply impactful ways (especially after this week’s elections). The problem they face is that a lot of their peers spent many, many years praying for this victory, holding hands and fighting back the shadows of doubt… And for a moment, it felt like they had actually won the day: His work by their hand.

It’s going to be next to impossible to convince those voters that now is the time for them to compromise, and that they need to be prepared to listen to their moderate neighbors (if no one else).

PostPosted: Wed November 08, 2023 5:38 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

McParadigm wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

There seems to be an increasing number of conservatives acknowledging that this issue is harming the party in deeply impactful ways (especially after this week’s elections). The problem they face is that a lot of their peers spent many, many years praying for this victory, holding hands and fighting back the shadows of doubt… And for a moment, it felt like they had actually won the day: His work by their hand.

It’s going to be next to impossible to convince those voters that now is the time for them to compromise, and that they need to be prepared to listen to their moderate neighbors (if no one else).

they made a deal with the evangelical devil in the late 70's, and now they're paying the price. they can't divorce themselves from this issue without also trying to divorce themselves from the evangelical demographic, which can be largely a one-issue component of the republican party.

PostPosted: Wed November 08, 2023 11:44 pm 
Production Police

JD Vance is taking the logical stance for the losing party here. Curious how it will play out over the long haul.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/430 ... tion-vote/

PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2023 12:16 am 
Looks Like a Cat

tragabigzanda wrote:
JD Vance is taking the logical stance for the losing party here. Curious how it will play out over the long haul.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/430 ... tion-vote/

“This is not about moral legitimacy but political reality.”

The world would be a better place if more millennial-aged politicians understood that purity tests are a losing play

PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2023 12:26 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

I stopped reading that article when i got to “posted on X, formerly known as Twitter”. I refuse to continue any article when i see that

PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2023 1:09 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

didnt ron say last night during the debate that the pro-choice laws enacted have nothing to do with the republican stance on being pro-life?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate