The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: Women's Health Issues
PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 7:59 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Dev wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
That's obviously what you meant, these people have to assume the worst because otherwise they can't frame things in terms of Star Wars level good guys and bad guys.

They're not that deep!

Seems like you are doing exactly what you speak of. You assume nothing bad of the woke agenda and the left in general.

I don't think my enemies are evil. I just think they're stupid. It's the ideas themselves that are evil. The people are just victims really.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 8:00 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Also the right only engages with the dumbest most extreme left stuff and then pretends thats who defines us. You guys ignore all my basic objections to your arguments because you can't deal with reality.

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 8:04 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

BurtReynolds wrote:
Dev wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
That's obviously what you meant, these people have to assume the worst because otherwise they can't frame things in terms of Star Wars level good guys and bad guys.

They're not that deep!

Seems like you are doing exactly what you speak of. You assume nothing bad of the woke agenda and the left in general.

I don't think my enemies are evil. I just think they're stupid. It's the ideas themselves that are evil. The people are just victims really.

Again thats exactly how I view you guys. Of course you are the ones actually voting against your interests. And you specifically are identifying with the team who has no value for you. You're a fucking comic book artist. Who do you think supports your shit exactly? Who makes space for eccentric art types who read phil all day? That would be my team. You turned your back on your home. It's so fucked up it's unspeakable.

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 8:07 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

My supporters are exclusively truck drivers, coal miners and oilfield workers. Salt of the earth types.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 8:10 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

BurtReynolds wrote:
My supporters are exclusively truck drivers, coal miners and oilfield workers. Salt of the earth types.

They read Scurry? They pay your wage? They fuck you?

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 8:12 pm 

I don't know what you're talking about I've never heard of that. I am a simple plumber from Texas.

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 8:36 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

BurtReynolds wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
I had one latinx student last year who used it when referring about themself in an essay, so I had opportunity to use it a few times in their presence.

My general view here is that I’m not going to bend over backwards to use all the latest terminology just to keep up. But if someone signals that it’s important to them and would help them experience a more inclusive space, it’s no sweat off my nuts to make that accommodation.

This only legitimizes the latest bourgeois etiquette speech codes that breeds exclusion and division. So now because of you more people not up on terminology or not willing to participate will be at risk at their jobs. You should have just explained that they are welcome, but that it didn't require special language.

Very disappointed in you. You didn't act correctly. You acted in a way that avoided conflict and hurt feeling. But no sweat of your nuts though, right?

Be better.

This is an all-timer. I'm howling.

PostPosted: Fri July 15, 2022 3:02 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Fri July 15, 2022 5:39 pm 
The Master

My wife’s company is strongly considering relocating their NA HQ somewhere other than Texas, due to draconian stuff like that, along with the usual secession horseshit. The logic being that, soon enough, most sane people won’t want to live there.

PostPosted: Fri July 15, 2022 5:48 pm 

It's also too fucking hot.

PostPosted: Fri August 26, 2022 3:49 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

PostPosted: Fri August 26, 2022 4:31 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

you really want to hit the crazy southern states where it will hurt? start having a bunch of ncaa football and men's basketball recruits refuse to play at the schools in those states. people will freak out.

PostPosted: Fri August 26, 2022 8:40 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Chris_H_2 wrote:
you really want to hit the crazy southern states where it will hurt? start having a bunch of ncaa football and men's basketball recruits refuse to play at the schools in those states. people will freak out.

Cool idea for something that's not gonna happen.

PostPosted: Fri August 26, 2022 8:49 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Mickey wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

That's politics, baby

PostPosted: Fri August 26, 2022 9:31 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Mickey wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

If only there was a group of elite schools with multi-billion dollar endowments that could do something.

PostPosted: Fri August 26, 2022 9:55 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Bi_3 wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

If only there was a group of elite schools with multi-billion dollar endowments that could do something.

I'm truly racking my brain trying to figure out what it is you think Harvard could do to make it so that enough five star running backs refuse to sign with Alabama.

PostPosted: Sat August 27, 2022 2:23 am 
mXn

What do the two women on this board think about this conversation between men. Should the men just shut the f up about it?

PostPosted: Sat August 27, 2022 2:29 am 
The Master

they'd like us to shut up in general

PostPosted: Sat August 27, 2022 5:04 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Hi Vacate!

PostPosted: Sun August 28, 2022 8:47 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Win small or risk losing big:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... n-congress

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 30  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate