The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1935 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 97  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Supreme Court
PostPosted: Sun September 09, 2018 3:43 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 10433
Location: Space City
washing machine wrote:
meatwad wrote:
This Beto guy could pull an Obama I think, and maybe be ready by 2020. Especially if he beats Cruz, that's going to really propel him within the party and national stage.

I live in Texas. I like Beto. A lot of people do. He just ran a battle of the bands style fundraiser at the live music venue across the street from where I work, actually. I hope he brings out the vote, but I'm not optimistic that he carries rural areas, and that's a lot of the state. Poor Texas and America might not have seen the last of the ol' Zodiac Killer, I'm afraid.

Anyway, here's Beto hardcore riffing with Cedric Bixler-Zavala back in the 90's.



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Supreme Court
PostPosted: Sun September 09, 2018 6:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 12:11 am
Posts: 2339
Location: The 216
How could anybody vote Ted Cruz the Zodiac Killer over that?

Omar Rodriguez 2020: Make America a never ending guitar solo


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Supreme Court
PostPosted: Mon September 10, 2018 2:09 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 9754
those skills took applicable to running a government

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Supreme Court
PostPosted: Mon September 10, 2018 2:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 9754
back to this thread;

MAYBE

just maybe

since he is in GWB's pocket, and the Bush's dislike Trump, Kavanet Sauvignaughbrett will actually cast the vote to banish trump to the gulag

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Supreme Court
PostPosted: Thu September 13, 2018 5:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 15570
What on earth could be in this letter about Kavanaugh's nomination, that it needed to be promptly delivered to the FBI?

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Supreme Court
PostPosted: Thu September 13, 2018 5:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 24693
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
McParadigm wrote:
What on earth could be in this letter about Kavanaugh's nomination, that it needed to be promptly delivered to the FBI?

It apparently concerns an incident that occurred between him and a girl while he was in college


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Supreme Court
PostPosted: Thu September 13, 2018 5:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 10433
Location: Space City
tragabigzanda wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
What on earth could be in this letter about Kavanaugh's nomination, that it needed to be promptly delivered to the FBI?

It apparently concerns an incident that occurred between him and a girl while he was in college

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly the arc I'd expect from the writers at this point in the season.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Supreme Court
PostPosted: Thu September 13, 2018 5:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 6305
Location: Washington State
Nah, at this point I'd expect he killed someone. Or had a secret gay relationship.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Supreme Court
PostPosted: Thu September 13, 2018 6:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 15570
washing machine wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
What on earth could be in this letter about Kavanaugh's nomination, that it needed to be promptly delivered to the FBI?

It apparently concerns an incident that occurred between him and a girl while he was in college

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly the arc I'd expect from the writers at this point in the season.

:lol:

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Supreme Court
PostPosted: Thu September 13, 2018 6:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 24693
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
Now they're reporting it was in high school, not college. In which case, who cares.



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Supreme Court
PostPosted: Thu September 13, 2018 6:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 14266
Location: Cumberland, RI
tragabigzanda wrote:
Now they're reporting it was in high school, not college. In which case, who cares.


Let he who never raped a couple of broads in high school cast the first stone.

Spoiler: show
Not saying he raped anyone, it was a joke, team.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Supreme Court
PostPosted: Thu September 13, 2018 6:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Thu November 21, 2013 10:01 pm
Posts: 655
After what Republicans did regarding Merrick Garland, I'm all Dems creating this kind of spectacle. Fuck the GOP and their dickhead nominee.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
I mean nothing says libertarian more than talking a lot of shit and then getting your ass kicked in an actual one on one...

Dev wrote:
Clutch rules you dummy.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Supreme Court
PostPosted: Thu September 13, 2018 7:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 9691
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
I'd say everything everyone does in high school could be characterized as "sexual misconduct," but yeah, FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Supreme Court
PostPosted: Thu September 13, 2018 7:19 pm 
Offline
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 4549
meatwad wrote:
After what Republicans did regarding Merrick Garland, I'm all Dems creating this kind of spectacle. Fuck the GOP and their dickhead nominee.


I'm all for this guy not being on the court, but this is probably not a smart move. It's difficult enough to prove claims like this, should what was implied above be what is being alleged. If this isn't bulletproof the blow-back from the coming war on the accuser will harm a lot of victims plus it puts female Senators in a very difficult place (which the cynic in me assumes is the point of the timing and press-leak of this).

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Supreme Court
PostPosted: Thu September 13, 2018 7:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Thu November 21, 2013 10:01 pm
Posts: 655
Bi_3 wrote:
meatwad wrote:
After what Republicans did regarding Merrick Garland, I'm all Dems creating this kind of spectacle. Fuck the GOP and their dickhead nominee.


I'm all for this guy not being on the court, but this is probably not a smart move. It's difficult enough to prove claims like this, should what was implied above be what is being alleged. If this isn't bulletproof the blow-back from the coming war on the accuser will harm a lot of victims plus it puts female Senators in a very difficult place (which the cynic in me assumes is the point of the timing and press-leak of this).


Definitely tons of backfire potential, but hopefully they know what they're doing and there's something there to be substantiated. Either way I think they did the right thing by handing it off to the FBI...let them decide if there's anything there.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
I mean nothing says libertarian more than talking a lot of shit and then getting your ass kicked in an actual one on one...

Dev wrote:
Clutch rules you dummy.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Supreme Court
PostPosted: Thu September 13, 2018 10:30 pm 
Offline
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 4549
meatwad wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
meatwad wrote:
After what Republicans did regarding Merrick Garland, I'm all Dems creating this kind of spectacle. Fuck the GOP and their dickhead nominee.


I'm all for this guy not being on the court, but this is probably not a smart move. It's difficult enough to prove claims like this, should what was implied above be what is being alleged. If this isn't bulletproof the blow-back from the coming war on the accuser will harm a lot of victims plus it puts female Senators in a very difficult place (which the cynic in me assumes is the point of the timing and press-leak of this).


Definitely tons of backfire potential, but hopefully they know what they're doing and there's something there to be substantiated. Either way I think they did the right thing by handing it off to the FBI...let them decide if there's anything there.


Apparently Feinstein has been sitting on this since mid summer, so the timing is clearly tied to the vote next week. This is America in 2018: leaking rape allegations, timed so the accused cannot defend themselves, to derail a political appointment. Pretty disgusting

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Supreme Court
PostPosted: Thu September 13, 2018 10:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 9754
welcome to ‘modern presidential’ politics

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Supreme Court
PostPosted: Thu September 13, 2018 10:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 20, 2012 4:45 pm
Posts: 3409
Bi_3 wrote:
meatwad wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
meatwad wrote:
After what Republicans did regarding Merrick Garland, I'm all Dems creating this kind of spectacle. Fuck the GOP and their dickhead nominee.


I'm all for this guy not being on the court, but this is probably not a smart move. It's difficult enough to prove claims like this, should what was implied above be what is being alleged. If this isn't bulletproof the blow-back from the coming war on the accuser will harm a lot of victims plus it puts female Senators in a very difficult place (which the cynic in me assumes is the point of the timing and press-leak of this).


Definitely tons of backfire potential, but hopefully they know what they're doing and there's something there to be substantiated. Either way I think they did the right thing by handing it off to the FBI...let them decide if there's anything there.


Apparently Feinstein has been sitting on this since mid summer, so the timing is clearly tied to the vote next week. This is America in 2018: leaking rape allegations, timed so the accused cannot defend themselves, to derail a political appointment. Pretty disgusting

And yet we're talking about the next 30 years of jurisprudence. Maybe if they hadn't gone nuclear and gotten rid of the filibuster for Supreme Court nominees...

_________________
"I want to see the whole picture--as nearly as I can. I don't want to put on the blinders of 'good and bad,' and limit my vision."-- In Dubious Battle



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Supreme Court
PostPosted: Thu September 13, 2018 10:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 24693
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
mixed feelings. on the one hand, it's good to see the dems willingness to getting into the muck tactics that the GOP has been using for years.

on the other, the dems are well on their way to being as corrupt as the GOP, and will soon have their own blue swamp. looking forward to the Kim Kardashian/Patty Griffin battle for the CA vote in 20 more years


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Supreme Court
PostPosted: Thu September 13, 2018 10:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 9754
well merrick garland so fuck all this

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1935 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 97  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bart and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat November 17, 2018 12:36 am