The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3821 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 192  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Supreme Court
PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 2:14 am 
Production Police

just think of all the things i could've been doing rather than defending my position

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 2:24 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

that Bart O'Kavanaugh is a scumbag is settled law

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 2:24 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i wonder if Bart O'Kavanaugh knows Ron Mexico ?

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 3:22 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 3:26 am 
Production Police

McParadigm wrote:

how long until we can effectively measure the damage the GOP is inflicting on itself? November seems too soon. Ten years? Twenty?

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 3:42 am 
Production Police

my immediate reaction is that this headline very late on a Sunday night is a test to see if they can spin a narrative of "Ok we'll withdraw his nomination but it's the Dems' fault for withholding information that we never had"*

*they totally had it

Grassley: Dems 'withheld information' on new Kavanaugh allegation
https://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying ... llegations

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 3:45 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Senate Republicans, last week: (ramp up effort to rush the vote)
Not zero people on this board: “Liberals are just stalling, none of this matters, and he is definitely getting in.”
Quote:
Senior Republican staffers also learned of the allegation last week and, in conversations with The New Yorker, expressed concern about its potential impact on Kavanaugh’s nomination. Soon after, Senate Republicans issued renewed calls to accelerate the timing of a committee vote.

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 3:46 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

tragabigzanda wrote:
my immediate reaction is that this headline very late on a Sunday night is a test to see if they can spin a narrative of "Ok we'll withdraw his nomination but it's the Dems' fault for withholding information that we never had"*

*they totally had it

The big thing I noticed in his statement is that it’s all about self protection. It emphasizes a lack of knowledge on the committee’s part...not innocence on the nominee’s.

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 3:47 am 
Production Police

McParadigm wrote:
Senate Republicans, last week: (ramp up effort to rush the vote)
Not zero people on this board: “Liberals are just stalling, none of this matters, and he is definitely getting in.”
Quote:
Senior Republican staffers also learned of the allegation last week and, in conversations with The New Yorker, expressed concern about its potential impact on Kavanaugh’s nomination. Soon after, Senate Republicans issued renewed calls to accelerate the timing of a committee vote.

Re: the bold part, i'm not sure to whom exactly you're referring, but my best memory is that maybe you're conflating a few different poster? I was definitely on the "none of this matters because he is definitely getting in" train, but I didn't see it as a stall tactic; I saw it as another notch in the "ours is the party of women" belt for the Dems, which does, of course, matter quite a bit in the big picture

but i take your point

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 3:48 am 
Production Police

McParadigm wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

*they totally had it

The big thing I noticed in his statement is that it’s all about self protection. It emphasizes a lack of knowledge on the committee’s part...not innocence on the nominee’s.

exactly. "let's float this out while the Pats take a beating and see how its playing in the morning. Maybe Trump can even tweet about it!"

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 3:52 am 
Production Police

Have they actively "blocked" and FBI investigation? And if so, how?

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 4:03 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

When my wife told me about the calendar defense leaking, my reaction was to say that was a tactic aimed at one person...it was meant to play on the fear of not being believed.

Here’s a story about the president regretting not using harsher intimidation tactics.

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 4:12 am 
Gone

Can't trump just pull Brett and nominate the next carbon copy white conservative from his master list?

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 2:07 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Quote:
Montgomery County investigators confirmed Monday they’re aware of a potential sexual assault complaint in the county against former Georgetown Prep student and Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

While investigators weren’t specific and spoke on background, they said they are looking at allegations against Kavanaugh during his senior year in high school after an anonymous witness came forward this weekend.

This would potentially bring the number to four women accusing Kavanaugh of wrongdoing and comes after Deborah Ramirez, a former Yale college student, stepped forward this weekend to accuse Kavanaugh of exposing himself to her in college, and after attorney Michael Avenatti tweeted out a message saying he represents a woman with “credible information regarding Judge Kavanaugh and Mark Judge.”

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 2:09 pm 
Rank This Poster

Green Habit wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Plowing right through is what these guys do best.
Republicans have to be aware that Democrats are going to be more eager to pack the court if they do plow it through.

Provided Democrats get the numbers they need (and the White House) in 2020, this would seem to me to be a near-certainty.

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 2:23 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Great, short thread on internal GOP politics of this nomination.

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 6:00 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

McParadigm wrote:
Quote:
Montgomery County investigators confirmed Monday they’re aware of a potential sexual assault complaint in the county against former Georgetown Prep student and Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

While investigators weren’t specific and spoke on background, they said they are looking at allegations against Kavanaugh during his senior year in high school after an anonymous witness came forward this weekend.

This would potentially bring the number to four women accusing Kavanaugh of wrongdoing and comes after Deborah Ramirez, a former Yale college student, stepped forward this weekend to accuse Kavanaugh of exposing himself to her in college, and after attorney Michael Avenatti tweeted out a message saying he represents a woman with “credible information regarding Judge Kavanaugh and Mark Judge.”

I know like twenty girls who said they were raped by him in grade school. This brings the potential rape count to twenty-four!

"At this time, the Montgomery County Police Department has not received a request by any alleged victim nor a victim’s attorney to initiate a police report or a criminal investigation regarding Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh."

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 6:20 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Solid work, Burt. You uncovered a detail that was in the article itself: the investigators in question are not Montgomery PD.

Quote:
Montgomery County’s Prosecuting Attorney John McCarthy confirmed this weekend he would direct the Montgomery County Police Department to investigate any complaint brought against Kavanaugh, “But no complaint has been filed or forwarded to this office,” he explained.

Montgomery County Police Chief Tom Manger said, “We are prepared to investigate if the victim wants to report to us, and we can determine it occurred in the county.”

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 6:29 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

What article? I didn't see one posted. Post it so I can see how far down this information is buried in it.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 6:33 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Sure, I can google that for you.

https://mont.thesentinel.com/2018/09/24 ... legations/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3821 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 192  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate