The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3822 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 192  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Supreme Court
PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 6:34 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Fucker’s so lazy, he must be a Saggitarius

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 6:40 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

I'm a Virgo, known for our vast intellect and emotional detachment.

You absolute Capricorn.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 6:47 pm 
Future Drummer

Have any of the named witnesses involved in either event corroborated any/all of the details of the respective accusations? Does any evidence for either assault yet exist beyond the specific accounts of Ford and Ramirez?

Spoiler: show
I realize in these highly politicized times most will be unable to read those questions as anything but an apology for Kavanaugh, but I'm actually just curious about what evidentiary facts actually have and have not been established.

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 6:50 pm 
Gone

--- wrote:
Does any evidence for either assault yet exist beyond the specific accounts of Ford and Ramirez?

I realize in these highly politicized times most will be unable to read those questions as anything but an apology for Kavanaugh, but I'm actually just curious about what evidentiary facts actually have and have not been established.

No. I don't expect there will be either.

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 6:53 pm 
Future Drummer

verb_to_trust wrote:
--- wrote:
Does any evidence for either assault yet exist beyond the specific accounts of Ford and Ramirez?

And neither has Kavanaugh offered anything beyond a denial, correct?

Basically, there is no compelling evidence at this point, beyond however willing one is to use both accounts to potentially establish a pattern of behavior. Is that about right?

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 6:57 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Which is the purpose of an FBI investigation, and why the absolute determination to avoid one at all costs conflicts with all this foot stomping and complaining.

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 7:00 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Something tells me this investigation is going to take until sometime in January...

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 7:08 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

BurtReynolds wrote:
Something tells me this investigation is going to take until sometime in January...

This has been another episode of “something feels true to Burt,” brought to you by absolutely nothing.

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 7:13 pm 

McParadigm wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

This has been another episode of “something feels true to Burt,” brought to you by absolutely nothing.

This has been brought to you by someone posting a Vanity Fair article claiming sources familiar with Trump's thinking.

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 7:26 pm 
Future Drummer

McParadigm wrote:
Which is the purpose of an FBI investigation, and why the absolute determination to avoid one at all costs conflicts with all this foot stomping and complaining.

Hmmm, so it's a sufficiently opaque circumstance requiring for clarity the FBI's time, energy, and resources. Is it okay if I - possessing merely an internet connection and set of weak priors on Kavanaugh's relative guilt - simply do not have a strong opinion on the matter? And that I completely disregard anyone expressing any level of certainty on the matter as being motivated by something other than the truth (or as close to it as one can reasonably expect to come)?

Last edited by --- on Mon September 24, 2018 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 7:29 pm 
Gone

--- wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
--- wrote:

Basically, there is no compelling evidence at this point, beyond however willing one is to use both accounts to potentially establish a pattern of behavior. Is that about right?

Kavenaugh has calendars that he scribbled his keg parties on. Does that count as evidence?

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 7:31 pm 
Future Drummer

verb_to_trust wrote:
--- wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
--- wrote:

Kavenaugh has calendars that he scribbled his keg parties on. Does that count as evidence?

It's evidence, but I'd be hard-pressed to consider it "compelling."

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 7:34 pm 
Gone

The FBI has already done background checks on Kavenaugh. Anyone who expects them to uncover irrefutable evidence of a mushroom stamp from 35 years ago has been watching too much TV.

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 7:36 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

--- wrote:
Hmmm, so it's a sufficiently opaque circumstance requiring for clarity the FBI's time, energy, and resources.

What percent of sexual assaults would you estimate occur under conditions such that they would meet a bar of “sufficiently opaque to warrant an investigation,” prior to an investigation?

Quote:
Is it okay if I - possessing merely an internet connection and set of weak priors on Kavanaugh's relative guilt - simply do not have a strong on opinion on the matter?

Why wouldn’t it be? “I do not have a strong opinion on the matter” and “there isn’t currently enough evidence on either side” are both different conclusions than “there shouldn’t be an attempt to acquire any evidence.”

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 7:36 pm 
Future Drummer

verb_to_trust wrote:
The FBI has already done background checks on Kavenaugh. Anyone who expects them to uncover irrefutable evidence of a mushroom stamp from 35 years ago has been watching too much TV.

More precisely, he's been through six FBI background investigations over his 20+ years in public service.

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 7:38 pm 
Future Drummer

McParadigm wrote:
--- wrote:
Hmmm, so it's a sufficiently opaque circumstance requiring for clarity the FBI's time, energy, and resources.

What percent of sexual assaults would you estimate occur under conditions such that they would meet a bar of “sufficiently opaque to warrant an investigation,” prior to an investigation?

I do not know.

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 7:41 pm 
Future Drummer

Though if you're assuming an investigation has occurred, the answer is 100%.

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 7:42 pm 

--- wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
--- wrote:

I do not know.

What percent is required? Edit: too slow

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Mon September 24, 2018 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 7:43 pm 
Gone

The world will probably implode before we get to the point of a SCJ's social media history and dick pic snaps as a teen being kicked around by Senator Barron Trump at a confirmation hearing, but it's sort of fun to sit and think about.

PostPosted: Mon September 24, 2018 7:54 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3822 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 192  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate