The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3821 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 192  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Supreme Court
PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 7:17 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

BurtReynolds wrote:
Strat wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Thread

Started off strong, but went off the rails pretty quick. There's a perfectly acceptable scenario available: Don't confirm Kavanaugh, let the GOP pick someone who is squeaky clean and will uphold their conservative agenda, but won't protect a sitting POTUS from an indictment. Quite simple, really.

And justify the idea that accusation alone is good enough to derail a candidate because all you irrational bleeding hearts confuse your emotional response with proof?

No.fucking.way.

Seems to me burt, that often times your irrational emotionally fired hatred of lefties and liberals often cloud your judgement and logical reasoning skills *shrugs*

That's nice. You're wrong of course, but that's nice.

You oppose a lot of things which leads to insinuation of beliefs and you joke about a lot of stances but I don't know that I've ever seen you draw a line in the sand for yourself, just against others.

PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 8:00 pm 
Future Drummer

Burt showed he really doesn't have any grasp on reality when he contended a left bearing slogans and rocks is more dangerous than a right bearing guns and bombs. The actual death tolls can't even be compared. He's a smart, funny guy, but misguided as hell.

PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 8:01 pm 
Future Drummer

Lest I give only one example, the discussion on voter fraud was also very revealing.

PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 8:11 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

bune wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Strat wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Thread

Started off strong, but went off the rails pretty quick. There's a perfectly acceptable scenario available: Don't confirm Kavanaugh, let the GOP pick someone who is squeaky clean and will uphold their conservative agenda, but won't protect a sitting POTUS from an indictment. Quite simple, really.

And justify the idea that accusation alone is good enough to derail a candidate because all you irrational bleeding hearts confuse your emotional response with proof?

No.fucking.way.

Seems to me burt, that often times your irrational emotionally fired hatred of lefties and liberals often cloud your judgement and logical reasoning skills *shrugs*

That's nice. You're wrong of course, but that's nice.

You oppose a lot of things which leads to insinuation of beliefs and you joke about a lot of stances but I don't know that I've ever seen you draw a line in the sand for yourself, just against others.

I don't know how I can draw a clearer line in the sand. I don't know how I can be more clear about what I believe here. This isn't a reaction to anyone else's opinions. I think I'm being pretty consistent with principle.

I'd say most people here don't have a clear understanding of the philosophical underpinnings of what they believe.

If any of you want to argue back, feel free at any time. Ad hominem, as fun as it is, isn't an argument. What do you actually believe?

Maher is right, the left is rapidly losing the ability to argue.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 8:14 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Orpheus wrote:
Burt showed he really doesn't have any grasp on reality when he contended a left bearing slogans and rocks is more dangerous than a right bearing guns and bombs. The actual death tolls can't even be compared. He's a smart, funny guy, but misguided as hell.

What does this even mean? Rocks and slogans? How many examples of left wing violence do I need to post? I don't know if I've ever said that the left wing is more violent anyway.

And historically, leftist death tolls can block out the sun with dead bodies.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 8:15 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

#BelieveBurt

PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 8:20 pm 
Future Drummer

BurtReynolds wrote:
Orpheus wrote:

What does this even mean? Rocks and slogans? How many examples of left wing violence do I need to post? I don't know if I've ever said that the left wing is more violent anyway.

And historically, leftist death tolls can block out the sun with dead bodies.

You've said that pretty much exactly to me, in terms of the American left, which is what I meant. And your examples were beatings and mob actions vs. things like a dozen people being shot to death in a mosque. It just doesn't compare.

PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 8:21 pm 
Future Drummer

Like I said, you're a fine poster. You're funny, you're charismatic, you have a way with words. But digging into some of the ideology you've put forth is...worrisome.

PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 8:40 pm 

Orpheus wrote:
Like I said, you're a fine poster. You're funny, you're charismatic, you have a way with words. But digging into some of the ideology you've put forth is...worrisome.

That's nice of you to say but I'm not really interested in what is thought about ME. It doesn't matter. I'm interested in the ideas and policies and actions here. You're one of the most far left posters here, so of course we are gonna think each other's ideology is horribly dangerous. Bune talks about me being reactionary, but few here ever actually define what they believe or why.

Just like these rape allegations, I need actual evidence, not character judgments. Stop arguing the person! This weird shaming isn't going to cut it anymore. I don't care if you think I'm worrisome.

I mean, sure,I throw the same insults and character judgments around like everyone else here--this isn't a debate class after all and we're all just talking shit at the end of the day--but I do try to pepper in an occasional argument or reasoning behind my beliefs or post a piece of evidence, too. McP does that, but few others do.

PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 8:48 pm 

I'm not getting into an argument over which side had the highest death toll, but they are absolutely comparable and the media celebrating going to people's houses and restaurants and whipping the mob into a frenzy isn't safe either. It's only a matter of time.

There are other categories to judge these sides besides safety as well. Freedom, in my opinion, being the largest. The far left is ceding the territory to the right. Look at the fucking ACLU. I can't think of anything more anti-civil liberty than promoting guilt without evidence. Past administrators are criticizing them too.

PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 9:01 pm 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:
I'm not getting into an argument over which side had the highest death toll, but they are absolutely comparable and the media celebrating going to people's houses and restaurants and whipping the mob into a frenzy isn't safe either. It's only a matter of time.

There are other categories to judge these sides besides safety as well. Freedom, in my opinion, being the largest. The far left is ceding the territory to the right. Look at the fucking ACLU. I can't think of anything more anti-civil liberty than promoting guilt without evidence. Past administrators are criticizing them too.

You'd love Maher's "new rules" from this week.

Very on point about the liberal left and losing the cause.

PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 9:05 pm 
The Master

Strat wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

You'd love Maher's "new rules" from this week.

Very on point about the liberal left and losing the cause.

You would also love Andrew Sullivans contributions to the show. I actually got a whiff of Burt for the entire time.

FTR: I agreed with about 90% of what he was trying to discuss.

PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 9:21 pm 

yeah I watched a couple of clips. I'll have to check out the whole thing.

PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 9:39 pm 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:

Im not so bad burt. Im complete opposite of you, but im not a SJW. You might be a KKK member, but i am not what you accuse me of. so fuck you.

PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 9:51 pm 

Strat wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Im not so bad burt. Im complete opposite of you, but im not a SJW. You might be a KKK member, but i am not what you accuse me of. so fuck you.

You're just a silly pants pot smoker. Fucking hippy. Mostly harmless though

PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 9:52 pm 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:
Strat wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

but i dont actually smoke pot. or take edibles. or ay of it.

PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 9:55 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

I totally get what Burt is saying. I agree with him.
I saw Kavanaugh talking and cant believe that guy is going to be in the Supreme Court. But at the same time Trump is a president so yeah, it makes sense.

The rape allegations were just that.

PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 9:55 pm 

Strat wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Strat wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

I think I might start selling it.

PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 10:09 pm 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:
Strat wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Strat wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

I think I might start selling it.

Why would you do such a thing

PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 10:15 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Glad to see that in my absence this thread hasn’t descended in attacks on other posters as a substitute for futility of attacking politicians on the internet

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3821 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 192  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate