The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178 ... 191  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Supreme Court
PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 1:45 pm 
Site Admin

tragabigzanda wrote:
We’ve probably lost GH and 4/5 forever now that dev has taken control of this thread
We'll always have our Constitution thread to nerd out on, at least.

I could move these posts if I find the time, but I see that an abortion thread has already been created, so hopefully that does the trick.

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 2:08 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Held: The Free Exercise and Free Speech Clauses of the First Amendment protect an individual engaging in a personal religious observance from government reprisal; the Constitution neither mandates nor permits the government to suppress such religious expression.
https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/2 ... 8_i425.pdf

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 2:20 pm 
Site Admin

A horseshoe alliance! This one is regarding interpreting how Congress corrected the crack cocaine sentencing disparity.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/2 ... 0_3dq3.pdf

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 5:18 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Green Habit wrote:
Quote:
Held: The Free Exercise and Free Speech Clauses of the First Amendment protect an individual engaging in a personal religious observance from government reprisal; the Constitution neither mandates nor permits the government to suppress such religious expression.
https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/2 ... 8_i425.pdf

Yeah, we aren't France, there can be no imposition of public secularism.

How much of this was the school district misunderstanding the previous rulings regarding staff led prayer?

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 5:27 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Green Habit wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
We’ve probably lost GH and 4/5 forever now that dev has taken control of this thread

I could move these posts if I find the time, but I see that an abortion thread has already been created, so hopefully that does the trick.

Wait, why do you need to move my posts? It seems like people engaged with them and I made valid points on the topic?

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 5:37 pm 
Site Admin

Dev wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Wait, why do you need to move my posts? It seems like people engaged with them and I made valid points on the topic?
I think they (and those from others) were fine, it just seemed like people wanted to discuss the merits of abortion itself elsewhere. Maybe I misread the sentiment.

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 5:56 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Green Habit wrote:
Dev wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

I think they (and those from others) were fine, it just seemed like people wanted to discuss the merits of abortion itself elsewhere. Maybe I misread the sentiment.

I think Trag was just being petty and suggesting that me posting in the thread would alienate you from posting there. Actually he explicitly says that in his post. Seems like he was actually derailing the thread with the conversation we are having now. Maybe you should move his posts? I would also consider giving him a permaban. I appreciate you taking our suggestions, Green Habbit.

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 5:57 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Dev wrote:
I would also consider giving him a permaban.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 6:46 pm 
Site Admin

Dev wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
Dev wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

I think Trag was just being petty and suggesting that me posting in the thread would alienate you from posting there. Actually he explicitly says that in his post. Seems like he was actually derailing the thread with the conversation we are having now. Maybe you should move his posts? I would also consider giving him a permaban. I appreciate you taking our suggestions, Green Habbit.
Yep, just totally misread. I'm going to step back from this like Homer Simpson in the hedges, and recalibrate for more opinions that are coming on Wednesday.

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 6:51 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Green Habit wrote:
Dev wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
Dev wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Yep, just totally misread. I'm going to step back from this like Homer Simpson in the hedges, and recalibrate for more opinions that are coming on Wednesday.

Alright, no worries, buddy. FYI the trag account is no good. Sorry he baited you into this horrible situation.

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 7:10 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Requiring mens rea for "over-prescribing" opiates seems like a good thing. Why not use this opportunity to push for a mens rea requirement for basically everything?

PostPosted: Tue June 28, 2022 4:49 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Mods: If there is a circuit court thread please move it.

Sowing (justifying extensive economic regulation under the interstate commerce clause)

Reaping:

It's even more delicious when they can combat BDS on discriminatory grounds.

PostPosted: Wed June 29, 2022 2:53 pm 
Site Admin

Tomorrow's going to be the last day, and it's going to have environmental and immigration issues on the docket.

PostPosted: Wed June 29, 2022 5:41 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

?

PostPosted: Wed June 29, 2022 5:45 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

that was already planned right? brown taking over

PostPosted: Wed June 29, 2022 5:46 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Yeah, Brown Jackson hasn't actually sat on the court yet. Breyer peacing out before the long weekend.

PostPosted: Wed June 29, 2022 9:04 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Simple Torture wrote:
Yeah, Brown Jackson hasn't actually sat on the court yet. Breyer peacing out before the long weekend.

I wouldn't want to be murdered by activists either.

PostPosted: Wed June 29, 2022 9:16 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

They're not going to shoot HIM

PostPosted: Wed June 29, 2022 9:39 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Mickey wrote:
They're not going to shoot HIM

:haha:

:shake:

PostPosted: Thu June 30, 2022 2:10 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Held: [...] Congress did not grant EPA in Section 111(d) of the Clean Air Act the authority to devise emissions caps based on the generation shifting approach the Agency took in the Clean Power Plan.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/2 ... 0_n758.pdf

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178 ... 191  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate