The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175 ... 191  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Supreme Court
PostPosted: Sat June 25, 2022 4:12 pm 
The Master

warehouse wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Surely there’re deeper underlying motives

its all religious bullshit. every single argument against abortion comes down to a personal belief in a higher power judging your actions, and he does't like this action.

It’s more than that; it’s the age old practice of limiting women’s freedoms.

PostPosted: Sat June 25, 2022 4:15 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

I really don't think, for most people, its that malicious.

If you really believed that life began at conception then the idea of abortion would be pretty abhorrent.

PostPosted: Sat June 25, 2022 4:21 pm 
Rank This Poster

JuanHamm wrote:

If you really believed that life began at conception then the idea of abortion would be pretty abhorrent.

'the pope digs population
freedom from taxation'
-sixto rodriguez

PostPosted: Sat June 25, 2022 4:31 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

JuanHamm wrote:

About half of women suffer from false consciousness. Simple as.

PostPosted: Sat June 25, 2022 5:32 pm 
Future Drummer

warehouse wrote:
JuanHamm wrote:

freedom from taxation'
-sixto rodriguez

I love that song.

JuanHamm wrote:

I agree with you. This is why abortion is tricky. One side advocates for the woman, one for the unborn. I really don’t know how you reconcile this type of thing, but there are 2 genuine, heartfelt arguments here.

PostPosted: Sat June 25, 2022 5:34 pm 
Future Drummer
 WWW  Profile

Fuck christianity

PostPosted: Sat June 25, 2022 8:17 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Rob wrote:
warehouse wrote:
JuanHamm wrote:

freedom from taxation'
-sixto rodriguez

I love that song.

JuanHamm wrote:

I agree with you. This is why abortion is tricky. One side advocates for the woman, one for the unborn. I really don’t know how you reconcile this type of thing, but there are 2 genuine, heartfelt arguments here.

If it was that simple we could solve it. A big issue is that both positions only come as part of a package deal. So if you want to vote for abortion you need to accept #Defund, open borders, equity over equality, criminals over victims, "it's an obscure legal theory not taught in schools", fuck whytee, fuck America, fuck Christians, fuck math and reading, fuck cars, fuck whytee again, fuck paying back loans, fuck businesses, weekly flag updates, someone sent your boss your old posts from alt.music.pearl-jam and now off to HR, puberty blockers for tweens, and keeping masks on toddlers during zoom school. Our culture needs to figure out a way to untangle these things if we want to keep abortion safe, private, and legal (and we most certainly do), because, as they say, support is a mile wide and an inch thick.

PostPosted: Sat June 25, 2022 8:35 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I dunno about all that... to be anti abortion & anti universal health-care, anti paid maternity, anti welfare, anti education, anti sex ed, sure seems like an impossible position, but folks pull it off.

PostPosted: Sat June 25, 2022 9:19 pm 
Gone

Folx*

PostPosted: Sun June 26, 2022 12:57 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Bi_3 wrote:
Rob wrote:
warehouse wrote:
JuanHamm wrote:

freedom from taxation'
-sixto rodriguez

I love that song.

JuanHamm wrote:

If it was that simple we could solve it. A big issue is that both positions only come as part of a package deal. So if you want to vote for abortion you need to accept #Defund, open borders, equity over equality, criminals over victims, "it's an obscure legal theory not taught in schools", fuck whytee, fuck America, fuck Christians, fuck math and reading, fuck cars, fuck whytee again, fuck paying back loans, fuck businesses, weekly flag updates, someone sent your boss your old posts from alt.music.pearl-jam and now off to HR, puberty blockers for tweens, and keeping masks on toddlers during zoom school. Our culture needs to figure out a way to untangle these things if we want to keep abortion safe, private, and legal (and we most certainly do), because, as they say, support is a mile wide and an inch thick.

Absolutely deranged post lmao.

PostPosted: Sun June 26, 2022 1:07 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

verb_to_trust wrote:
I read an article about phoebe bridgers basically bragging about her abortion. People like her are every bit the cretin someone who wants to force an incest baby into the world is.

I paraphrased this post in a real conversation today as an example of the most awful right wing rhetoric out there.

PostPosted: Sun June 26, 2022 1:09 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Bi_3 wrote:
Rob wrote:
warehouse wrote:
JuanHamm wrote:

freedom from taxation'
-sixto rodriguez

I love that song.

JuanHamm wrote:

The problem is the right wingers who delusionally group this all together and reject it unequivocally

PostPosted: Sun June 26, 2022 1:48 am 
Gone

Dev wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
I read an article about phoebe bridgers basically bragging about her abortion. People like her are every bit the cretin someone who wants to force an incest baby into the world is.

I paraphrased this post in a real conversation today as an example of the most awful right wing rhetoric out there.

Glad I could help

PostPosted: Sun June 26, 2022 1:53 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

verb_to_trust wrote:
Dev wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

Glad I could help

Please reevaluate your politics. The biggest problem in our population is not the woke left? Trust me the right wing status quo is not your friend. No policemen or entrepreneurs or even KKK guys would be your friend. They would look down on you. woke Dev was your buddy tho.

Last edited by Dev on Sun June 26, 2022 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun June 26, 2022 1:56 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

verb_to_trust wrote:
Dev wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

Glad I could help

If one side thinks there's moral valence to abortion and the other side does not, this sentiment can either be very understandable or absolutely bonkers.

PostPosted: Sun June 26, 2022 2:10 am 
Gone

Dev wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Dev wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

Glad I could help

Please reevaluate your politics. The biggest problem in our population is not the woke left? Trust me the right wing status quo is not your friend. No policemen or entrepreneurs or even KKK guys would be your friend. They would look down on you. woke Dev was your buddy tho.

I just don’t get women wearing their abortion as a badge of honor, that’s all. Some of them talk about it like it’s acupuncture or something. Super weird.

PostPosted: Sun June 26, 2022 2:55 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

verb_to_trust wrote:
Dev wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Dev wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

Glad I could help

I just don’t get women wearing their abortion as a badge of honor, that’s all. Some of them talk about it like it’s acupuncture or something. Super weird.

I don't think they do tho. Find me an actual example.

PostPosted: Sun June 26, 2022 3:12 am 
Gone

Dev wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Dev wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Dev wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

Glad I could help

Phoebe Bridgers

PostPosted: Sun June 26, 2022 4:48 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

verb_to_trust wrote:
Dev wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Dev wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Dev wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

Glad I could help

Phoebe Bridgers

What video? But even if its really as bad as you say so what? It's anecdotal evidence. Why are you using the absolute worst example to define the left? And why don't you do the same when defining the right wing school of thought you are apparently a member of? And do you realize that social media is brainwashing you because it sends you the article about the worst example of left wing politics that it knows will provoke you and confirm your beliefs? You gotta be more objective, buddy. Because your politics have become inexcusable.

PostPosted: Sun June 26, 2022 4:53 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Dev wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Dev wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Dev wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Dev wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

Glad I could help

Phoebe Bridgers

What video? But even if its really as bad as you say so what? It's anecdotal evidence. Why are you using the absolute worst example to define the left? And why don't you do the same when defining the right wing school of thought you are apparently a member of? And do you realize that social media is brainwashing you because it sends you the article about the worst example of left wing politics that it knows will provoke you and confirm your beliefs? You gotta be more objective, buddy. Because your politics have become inexcusable.

Was "shout your abortion" a fringe thing or did it get otherwise sane people to get onboard? Nutpicking is always a risk, but generally people on the right are better at explaining the actual views of people on the left than vice versa.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175 ... 191  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate