Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Anybody want a Corona?

Sun October 25, 2020 4:15 am

96583UP wrote:wearing a mask works pretty well

surprised there is not a mask-wearing emoji yet

I'm like 95 percent sure the masks don't do shit

Sun October 25, 2020 4:16 am

verb i can’t tell if you are a doomer or anti-masker anymore

weren’t you advocating for people to stay home when the protests first came about?

pointing out the irony of people advocating for social distancing but then congregating in groups of hundreds of thousands to peacefully march in protest against police brutality

i sure as hell was

Sun October 25, 2020 4:21 am

Yeah I definitely was a doomer until about May. I for sure pointed out the hypocrisy of the mass protests.

At a certain point I realized how stupid all this shit was though and that there was not much to really be done about it. When I look back on some of my initial worst case scenarios in terms of mortality rates it's really looking like the reality won't even come close.

Sun October 25, 2020 4:37 am

verb_to_trust wrote:
Mickey wrote:Feel free not to answer that, I'm not really interested in debating this with you, I just wanted to focus on how wrong you were.

There are tons more tests being run, the weather is changing, kids are back in school, people don't give a shit anymore. There are a lot of reasons why the casedemic numbers are booming.

Feels like at least two of those things could be handled differently! Anyway have a good night!

Sun October 25, 2020 4:47 am

96583UP wrote:surprised there is not a mask-wearing emoji yet

I have one, although I'm pretty sure it has always been there.

Sun October 25, 2020 5:11 am

Mickey wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Mickey wrote:Feel free not to answer that, I'm not really interested in debating this with you, I just wanted to focus on how wrong you were.

There are tons more tests being run, the weather is changing, kids are back in school, people don't give a shit anymore. There are a lot of reasons why the casedemic numbers are booming.

Feels like at least two of those things could be handled differently! Anyway have a good night!

It's honestly amazing to me how much whining there is about schools, bars, ect. As if people only venture out of their completely sterile homes to teach kids who aren't at risk and drink at dive bars.

Sun October 25, 2020 5:42 am

they start with bars and restaurants to ease everyone into it the restrictions, man. like last time.

Sun October 25, 2020 6:13 am

There won't be another statewide lockdown unless each region goes above the set metrics, which is possible I guess.

Sun October 25, 2020 6:43 am

verb_to_trust wrote:At a certain point I realized how stupid all this shit was though and that there was not much to really be done about it. When I look back on some of my initial worst case scenarios in terms of mortality rates it's really looking like the reality won't even come close.

I'm on the fence about the whole thing, but kinda leaning this way.

Sun October 25, 2020 11:21 am

Prince's chief of staff, plus 2 others in the VEEP's office.

Sun October 25, 2020 11:48 am

B wrote:Prince's chief of staff, plus 2 others in the VEEP's office.

that guy died, B

Sun October 25, 2020 12:30 pm

Simple Torture wrote:
96583UP wrote:surprised there is not a mask-wearing emoji yet

I have one, although I'm pretty sure it has always been there.

oh yeah

huh

Sun October 25, 2020 12:32 pm

spike wrote:

that guy died, B

micki free tested positive

Sun October 25, 2020 1:00 pm

sexy Mother fucker

Sun October 25, 2020 1:09 pm

Sun October 25, 2020 1:17 pm

wow

Sun October 25, 2020 2:18 pm

:lol: God damn it, why would I want Pence corrected to Prince a week before the election?

Sun October 25, 2020 2:54 pm

verb_to_trust wrote:
96583UP wrote:wearing a mask works pretty well

surprised there is not a mask-wearing emoji yet

I'm like 95 percent sure the masks don't do shit

Thousands of people wore masks before the pandemic, in industries like construction, medicine, etc. Why would they do that if they didn't work? It would be throwing money away.

Sun October 25, 2020 3:06 pm

World's top scientists: If most people wear masks in public it can save tens of thousands of lives over the next few months.

Internet user verb: I'm like 95% certain masks don't do anything.

I'm stumped guys, don't know what to believe anymore.

Sun October 25, 2020 3:37 pm

96583UP wrote:
Has Covid killed off the flu? Experts pose the intriguing question as influenza cases nosedive by 98% across the globe

[...]

In the UK, our flu season is only just beginning. But since Covid-19 began spreading in March, just 767 cases have been reported to the WHO compared with nearly 7,000 from March to October last year.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-8875201/Has-Covid-killed-flu.html

This makes sense right? I would think the mitigation efforts for covid would drive the flu numbers way down. Puke bug cases should be way down too. Everything should be the world has never been this careful.
Post a reply