Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Anybody want a Corona?

Fri July 31, 2020 5:05 pm

Strat wrote:
Mickey wrote:Gohmert dying from COVID would be insanely cool.

Overdosing on hydroxychloroquine would be even better

Fri July 31, 2020 6:06 pm

Yoinks

Fri July 31, 2020 6:08 pm

It's fine, first-year university students are much more responsible than ten-year-olds.

Fri July 31, 2020 6:09 pm

Plenty of places right now planning for some amount of k-12 in-person learning without a mask mandate

Fri July 31, 2020 6:14 pm

Also sarcasm. I expect universities to be worse.

Fri July 31, 2020 6:17 pm

Mickey wrote:Also sarcasm. I expect universities to be worse.

UNC isn't going to actively test. And they have one dorm set aside for quarantine. But if students don't show any symptoms, I wonder how they'll keep track of it?

Fri July 31, 2020 6:18 pm

My wife's university has decided that becoming a dry campus will curb infection among students.

Fri July 31, 2020 6:19 pm

Simple Torture wrote:My wife's university has decided that becoming a dry campus will curb infection among students.

:?

Fri July 31, 2020 6:20 pm

Simple Torture wrote:My wife's university has decided that becoming a dry campus will curb infection among students.

Fri July 31, 2020 6:21 pm

does she teach at oral roberts university?

Fri July 31, 2020 6:22 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Mickey wrote:Also sarcasm. I expect universities to be worse.

UNC isn't going to actively test. And they have one dorm set aside for quarantine. But if students don't show any symptoms, I wonder how they'll keep track of it?

My university is making on-campus students download an app where they will self-report symptoms every morning, and which, via data monitoring, will determine whether they've been in contact with any sick students. Anyone flagged for quarantine will have their card access revoked for all classroom buildings. It's not a terrible plan--though it's very Minority Report--but it kind of presumes students will be doing their best and that this will catch any accidents, whereas I fully expect there to be a Miami Marlins situation by like September 10th--and then what? At least we have a good hospital.

Fri July 31, 2020 6:24 pm

Luckily my wife and I are both teaching remotely. If this had hit three years ago I'd be a high school teacher a mile from the Vegas strip.

Fri July 31, 2020 6:27 pm

Mickey wrote:Luckily my wife and I are both teaching remotely. If this had hit three years ago I'd be a high school teacher a mile from the Vegas strip.

at least you could order lotus of siam

Fri July 31, 2020 6:31 pm

doug rr wrote:
Mickey wrote:Luckily my wife and I are both teaching remotely. If this had hit three years ago I'd be a high school teacher a mile from the Vegas strip.

:heartbeat:

Fri July 31, 2020 7:06 pm

doug rr wrote:

East coast thai is just not the same.

Fri July 31, 2020 7:47 pm

seems like a great reason to finally roll out human RFID implants / the mark of the beast

Fri July 31, 2020 7:48 pm

96583UP wrote:seems like a great reason to finally roll out human RFID implants / the mark of the beast

Good point. Deliver it in a mandatory shot maybe?

Fri July 31, 2020 7:52 pm

Bi_3 wrote:
96583UP wrote:seems like a great reason to finally roll out human RFID implants / the mark of the beast

Good point. Deliver it in a mandatory shot maybe?

i think the sea monster gets to decide

Fri July 31, 2020 7:53 pm

I've been offered a job as an in-home teacher/caregiver for a pod of five families with eight kids total. They are supposedly being super strict with their quarantining, and I can probably negotiate a good full-time salary with benefits. But I still can't help but feeling pressured to return to work before I'm ready.

They'll probably tell me thanks but no thanks anyway when I tell them my GF will be teaching in person in a public school, because her district is awful.

Fri July 31, 2020 8:00 pm

Orpheus wrote:I've been offered a job as an in-home teacher/caregiver for a pod of five families with eight kids total. They are supposedly being super strict with their quarantining, and I can probably negotiate a good full-time salary with benefits. But I still can't help but feeling pressured to return to work before I'm ready.

They'll probably tell me thanks but no thanks anyway when I tell them my GF will be teaching in person in a public school, because her district is awful.

How important is the girlfriend? Going rate here for pod teachers is $25/hour/kid, but you need at least four kids but no more than six. That's pretty good for sitting there helping them do workbooks inbetween zoom sessions.
Post a reply