The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 379, 380, 381, 382, 383, 384, 385 ... 953  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anybody want a Corona?
PostPosted: Fri July 31, 2020 12:36 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Fri July 31, 2020 12:57 am 
Mind Your Tanners

I agree that the karmic cycle of these two men dying from the thing they called a hoax is fitting. Possibly even deserved.

But death and slowing dying is not something to delight in or celebrate as cool. And we'll just leave it there between us. :peace:

PostPosted: Fri July 31, 2020 1:51 am 
AnalLog

elliseamos wrote:
I agree that the karmic cycle of these two men dying from the thing they called a hoax is fitting. Possibly even deserved.

But death and slowing dying is not something to delight in or celebrate as cool. And we'll just leave it there between us. :peace:

I will never understand this kind of bullshit reverence over death. We all die...that and being born are the only two things that every one of us has in common. Some people's deaths are tragic, some are sad, some are devastating, some are necessary, and some should be cause for celebration. But in the end they are all an inescapable function of existence. You don't get some fucking prize or undeserved respect or a pass on how you lived your life because you're dead. That's utter nonsense.

PostPosted: Fri July 31, 2020 2:11 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Superblood Wolfmoon wrote:
elliseamos wrote:

I will never understand this kind of bullshit reverence over death. We all die...that and being born are the only two things that every one of us has in common. Some people's deaths are tragic, some are sad, some are devastating, some are necessary, and some should be cause for celebration. But in the end they are all an inescapable function of existence. You don't get some fucking prize or undeserved respect or a pass on how you lived your life because you're dead. That's utter nonsense.

so to recap what you're saying:

1) you must wear a mask, otherwise you are an ignorant piece of shit with no regard for the death or suffering of others
2) if you have regard for the death or suffering of others, you are an ignorant piece of shit

Spoiler: show
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3441&p=1572835&hilit=Portland%20is%20a#p1572835

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri July 31, 2020 2:25 am 
Mind Your Tanners

96583UP wrote:
elliseamos wrote:

1) you must wear a mask, otherwise you are an ignorant piece of shit with no regard for the death or suffering of others
2) if you have regard for the death or suffering of others, you are an ignorant piece of shit

http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3441&p=1572835&hilit=Portland%20is%20a#p1572835

I think this rebuttal will do, but I was thinking, "he not busy being born is busy dying."

PostPosted: Fri July 31, 2020 2:47 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Our school district just voted to go all virtual until January. Ugh.

PostPosted: Fri July 31, 2020 3:02 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

honestly it's probably the safest way

this year will be a wash

why risk it

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri July 31, 2020 3:19 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

B wrote:

Google is remote until at least July. Tech bros were early on this, consider following their lead.

PostPosted: Fri July 31, 2020 3:34 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

McParadigm wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
Could this be McConnell's play to lay it all on Trump?

House passed it. Senate strips a little out and passes it.

Then DJT has to be the one that stands between: help to citizens (suburbs included) and no help to citizens.

I haven’t had time to read more, but...

A. Democrats were attempting to put the Heroes Act to a unanimous consent vote, which wouldn’t pass but would have forced Republicans to actively vote it down. So this could just be a way of delaying that while they negotiate.

B. Republicans occasionally take Democrat-favored legislation and fill it with additions or details designed to make it unacceptable to them. Then they let the Democrats vote it down, so they can have a “they voted against their own legislation“ headline day.

But scenario A is a direct acknowledgment that their bargaining position is weak, and scenario B is never deployed for high profile time bomb stuff. I wouldn’t read a lot into it at this time, but it’s worth watching if negotiations continue to fail.

Follow up on tonight’s meeting (sounds like leadership might continue discussions between now and Monday?):

PostPosted: Fri July 31, 2020 3:35 am 
Mind Your Tanners

simple schoolboy wrote:
B wrote:

Google is remote until at least July. Tech bros were early on this, consider following their lead.

Also things aren't going to suddenly turn around in January. This sucks for parents but it's the right choice.

PostPosted: Fri July 31, 2020 4:04 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

McParadigm wrote:
Sounds like Herman Cain has died of this

PostPosted: Fri July 31, 2020 4:06 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Simple Torture wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
Sounds like Herman Cain has died of this

How many Americans must die before the Papa John's board of directors make this right?

PostPosted: Fri July 31, 2020 4:11 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

What are you talking about? They now offer the Shaqaroni

PostPosted: Fri July 31, 2020 4:14 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I have a good explanation for this, but hold on--I need to go use the n-word on a conference call.

PostPosted: Fri July 31, 2020 4:16 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Simple Torture wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I have a good explanation for this, but hold on--I need to go use the n-word on a conference call.

you can just go to the old RM board for that

PostPosted: Fri July 31, 2020 5:16 am 
AnalLog

96583UP wrote:
elliseamos wrote:

Huh?

PostPosted: Fri July 31, 2020 8:48 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Mickey wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
B wrote:

Also things aren't going to suddenly turn around in January. This sucks for parents but it's the right choice.

It's just when the semester ends. They'll make another decision then.

PostPosted: Fri July 31, 2020 4:15 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

Louie Gohmert said he is taking HQC because of course he is.

PostPosted: Fri July 31, 2020 5:02 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Gohmert dying from COVID would be insanely cool.

PostPosted: Fri July 31, 2020 5:03 pm 
The Master

Mickey wrote:
Gohmert dying from COVID would be insanely cool.

Overdosing on hydroxychloroquine would be even better

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 379, 380, 381, 382, 383, 384, 385 ... 953  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate