Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Anybody want a Corona?

Fri January 24, 2020 5:08 pm

doug rr wrote:my wife just landed at LAX from seattle..ive made up the back room for her

:lol:

Fri January 24, 2020 6:09 pm

Least we forget, Wuhan is the location of one of China’s largest public acknowledged bioweapons facilities. Purely coincidental, I’m sure.

Fri January 24, 2020 6:10 pm

Bi_3 wrote:Least we forget, Wuhan is the location of one of China’s largest public acknowledged bioweapons facilities. Purely coincidental, I’m sure.

Sometimes a corona is just a corona.

Fri January 24, 2020 6:10 pm

McParadigm wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:Least we forget, Wuhan is the location of one of China’s largest public acknowledged bioweapons facilities. Purely coincidental, I’m sure.

its different from a can

Fri January 24, 2020 7:42 pm

So, it was reported this morning a student at our local university has been tested for this and quarantined. We came in this morning and everybody is afraid they have it now. It was a total shitshow.

Fri January 24, 2020 7:48 pm

fuck this thing

close the US border

Fri January 24, 2020 8:03 pm

doug rr wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

its different from a can

Kinda forgot they sell beer in cans tbh

Fri January 24, 2020 8:04 pm

96583UP wrote:fuck this thing

close the US border

Day late dollar short

Fri January 24, 2020 11:01 pm

So what are the odds that the Republicans start to use this as another reason the impeachment is a distraction from them doing something about the people coming in? I mean, they weren't going to do anything anyway but it sounds good on a soundbite.

Fri January 24, 2020 11:41 pm

They weren't trying to stop people coming in from China, though

Fri January 24, 2020 11:52 pm

What you’re really illustrating is a problem people have been predicting for three years: what happens when this administration has to deal with a real crisis, and thanks to their past actions nobody believes them? No one takes their actions as genuine, or statements as honest? A hypothetical: if cases began multiplying and the Trump administration moved to lock down Seattle and a few other infected, principally liberal cities, would anybody really believe that they’re capable of handling the logistics of humanitarian need that stem from such a move? If you lived in those cities and heard they were considering it, would you trust your life to the White House’s ability (and commitment) to organize aid? Or would you leave ASAP, possibly spreading the disease as you went?

Fri January 24, 2020 11:53 pm

Asking for a friend

Fri January 24, 2020 11:55 pm

I know this is pretty serious but I've been over here for three days trying to come up with a joke that would include a play on "My Sharona" but it's just not coming and I'm disappointed.

Fri January 24, 2020 11:57 pm

Simple Torture wrote:I know this is pretty serious but I've been over here for three days trying to come up with a joke that would include a play on "My Sharona" but it's just not coming and I'm disappointed.

give me some time, i have a knack for puns

Fri January 24, 2020 11:57 pm

I heard it came from eating bats and rats. Don't do that.

Sat January 25, 2020 1:02 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:They weren't trying to stop people coming in from China, though

so? it's a distraction and a lie so it ticks all their boxes.

Sat January 25, 2020 1:55 am

By the end of Friday, local time, China said it had 1,010 cases and a total of 41 deaths. Many more cases are not being reported, experts believe, based on reports from nongovernment sources in China.

“We heard it was over 1,000 when they were only reporting a couple hundred cases,” said one HHS official who was not authorized to discuss internal conversations and spoke on the condition of anonymity. The official declined to say what the U.S. government estimate is for the true case count.

Sat January 25, 2020 2:10 am

no surprise there, just like their economic data

Sat January 25, 2020 2:11 am

meanwhile Stephen Miller obsessing over keeping able-bodied Latin Americans from crossing the Rio Grande

way to keep your priorities straight, Stephen

too bad you aren't biased against asians otherwise this would have been all tied down very quickly for us

asshole

Sat January 25, 2020 5:29 am

If it's in Chicago maybe the Corona can take out Garpax?
Post a reply