Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Anybody want a Corona?

Mon January 24, 2022 8:12 pm

Bammer wrote:
JuanHamm wrote:vaxxed, boosted and masked, but that's not really going to keep you from getting Covid anymore.

At this point we've all done all we can. We've got as much protection as we're going to get and we've now been dealt a favorable strain.

…it's pretty much inevitable now anyway.

Welcome to the party, JuanHamm.

I've personally been at this point for ages, but my Dad had lung cancer and chemo last year so I've been worried about him.

He's recovering well and, while I'm still worried, he's an adult and can make decisions for himself. Like Burt said,at his age you kind of have to make the most of the time you have.

Mon January 24, 2022 8:13 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:If I were ancient I'd get vaxxed and boosted, but otherwise live what life I had left. Not living your life or not hanging out with your friends is a much bigger deal when you're old than young.

I don't disagree with this, and I've never asked my parents to sit on the sidelines of their lives. But my dad's a heart patient who has a defibrillator implant. He's 67, my mom is 65. So he's definitely high risk and she likely is as well, just based on age. They're currently refusing to get the booster, are still going unmasked when going to church every week, in the grocery store, etc.--needless risks that could legitimately cut down on their potential exposure. Masking might not prevent infection, but it could limit viral load and the booster would definitely help prevent a serious case.

Mon January 24, 2022 8:14 pm

Of course one long-latent thing the pandemic has made abundantly clear is that my father doesn't apply a lot of critical thinking to his day-to-day life and my mother is a fucking moron.

Mon January 24, 2022 8:33 pm

JuanHamm wrote:
Bammer wrote:
JuanHamm wrote:vaxxed, boosted and masked, but that's not really going to keep you from getting Covid anymore.

At this point we've all done all we can. We've got as much protection as we're going to get and we've now been dealt a favorable strain.

…it's pretty much inevitable now anyway.

Welcome to the party, JuanHamm.

I've personally been at this point for ages, but my Dad had lung cancer and chemo last year so I've been worried about him.

He's recovering well and, while I'm still worried, he's an adult and can make decisions for himself. Like Burt said,at his age you kind of have to make the most of the time you have.

I am sorry I didn’t realize you were already here (at the party).

Mon January 24, 2022 8:37 pm

bammer out here just shoring up his army of the show must go on folks.

you love to see it.

Mon January 24, 2022 10:46 pm

Tell a kid to wear a mask? That's a shootin'.
Authorities Charge Mom Who Threatened To Bring Loaded Guns to Her Kids’ School Over Mask Mandate

Mon January 24, 2022 11:00 pm

Stickman wrote:Tell a kid to wear a mask? That's a shootin'.
Authorities Charge Mom Who Threatened To Bring Loaded Guns to Her Kids’ School Over Mask Mandate

macphisto was right!

Following the incident, King attempted to clarify her comments in a statement to the school board, writing, “I in no way meant to imply all guns loaded as in actual firearms, but rather all resources I can muster to make sure that my children get to attend school without masks. My sincere apologies for my poor choice in words.”

Mon January 24, 2022 11:04 pm

Neighbor kid reported exposure at school but since my kid is vaxed he doesn’t have to get tested or stay home. Woot!!

Mon January 24, 2022 11:16 pm

spike wrote:

macphisto was right!

Following the incident, King attempted to clarify her comments in a statement to the school board, writing, “I in no way meant to imply all guns loaded as in actual firearms, but rather all resources I can muster to make sure that my children get to attend school without masks. My sincere apologies for my poor choice in words.”

Or her lawyer convinced her to lie.

Mon January 24, 2022 11:16 pm

B wrote:
spike wrote:

macphisto was right!

Or her lawyer convinced her to lie.

thanks chud!

Tue January 25, 2022 1:06 am

Tue January 25, 2022 1:07 am

macphisto wrote:

Oh wow, got em!

Tue January 25, 2022 1:11 am

Haven't seen #tcot in almost a decade. Brings me back.

Tue January 25, 2022 1:52 am

spike wrote:One of my nephews in Australia tested positive yesterday. My wife’s entire fam will probably be in iso when we arrive next week.

Dang. Hope your visit is 2 weeks or more

Tue January 25, 2022 2:46 am

knee tunes wrote:
spike wrote:One of my nephews in Australia tested positive yesterday. My wife’s entire fam will probably be in iso when we arrive next week.

We’ll be there longer, yeah.

Tue January 25, 2022 2:47 am

spike wrote:
knee tunes wrote:

This post actually works really well if you read it in an Australian accent

Tue January 25, 2022 3:12 am

spike wrote:
knee tunes wrote:

Let me know if you need me to update you on stuff happening here in the States

Tue January 25, 2022 3:08 pm

Are you going to be able to post whilst in Australia?

Tue January 25, 2022 3:10 pm

Can’t believe I didn’t think of booking a trip to a place with globe-leading Covid 19 lockdown restrictions. Sounds like a real dream.

Tue January 25, 2022 3:13 pm

Bammer wrote:Can’t believe I didn’t think of booking a trip to a place with globe-leading Covid 19 lockdown restrictions. Sounds like a real dream.

I guess it's all relative. You currently live in a place with globe-leading Covid 19 death and disease.
Post a reply